• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox One Backwards Compatibility Thread: Everyone wants it, no one uses it

shanafan

Looks like the other side of Tom Clancy's H.A.W.X.

Doesn't Fallout 3 have a lot of licensed music and that's confirmed?
If it is a music licensing problem that would rule out Driver San Francisco too.

Possible, but the blue lines that appear on the boxart on the Ubisoft image reach the 360 name. HAWX comes up short.

HAWX already appears on the left, too.

2934448-ubibc.jpg

EvB

If someone was really bored, they could cross check the announced and rumoured titles to create a list of the most likely titles to appear.

jesu

Possible, but the blue lines that appear on the boxart on the Ubisoft image reach the 360 name. HAWX comes up short.

I'm not sure what you mean by that but the pics UBI used are square.
If you make the HAWX cover square the vertical Xbox 360 would match up with it.
If that's what you meant.

Look at the yellow nearer the bottom too, that will be the helmets visor.

im_dany

Doesn't Fallout 3 have a lot of licensed music and that's confirmed?
If it is a music licensing problem that would rule out Driver San Francisco too.

Considering FO3 is also on PC, they probably had a different deal.

It's like MS that has to ask permission to make 360 games available for download on X1, even if they're free to those who own the games.

shanafan

I'm not sure what you mean by that but the pics UBI used are square.
If you make the HAWX cover square the vertical Xbox 360 would match up with it.
If that's what you meant.

Look at the yellow nearer the bottom too, that will be the helmets visor.

Ha you're right!! I was looking at it as if the boxart was rotated. Good find :)

Ein Bear

Have they mentioned if we'll be able to purchase 360 games digitally off the store using the Xbone? That would be amazing one day.

I can't imagine they'd be going to all this trouble if they didn't want to make some money back. I expect that every single backwards compatible game will be available to buy on the Xbox One the day the feature launches.

gossi

Have they mentioned if we'll be able to purchase 360 games digitally off the store using the Xbone? That would be amazing one day.

Yes. This will launch with the new dashboard in November - you will be able to seamlessly buy titles from the Xbox Store, like you do with Xbox One native titles.

subrosian

Neo Member
Any news on:
-Darksiders
-Castelvania Lords of Shadow
-Zone of Enders hd collection
-Metal Gear hd collection
-Dragons Dogma
-Dark Souls

???

Weebos

Banned
I assume there has been no word on progress with multidisc games?

I'm really hoping ME2 and ME3 eventually get support.

I assume there has been no word on progress with multidisc games?

I'm really hoping ME2 and ME3 eventually get support.

Nothing yet.

The hope would be that it would be tested during the beta period. But it seems like they're still working on simply getting the games as close to 100% as possible right now and maybe bothering with that further down the line

slammer

Is there a reason why games need publisher approval? It wasn't needed on other consoles, so I'm wondering why it is now.

Is there a reason why games need publisher approval? It wasn't needed on other consoles, so I'm wondering why it is now.

It's being distributed on a new platform, and it mainly boils down to licensing and rights for distribution on other platforms. With PS3's original PS2 hardware emulation, it required you to own a PS2 disc, and the system behaved exactly like a PS2 (because it was a mini-PS2!). If a game wanted to get put onto PSN for PS2 games or whatever, then they need to go through an approval process as well. Now, they're distributing it via the Xbox One Marketplace, which is a new platform technically. Even if you own the 360 disc, it doesn't run that exact code, but uses it as a license to download the emulated version. Plus, it's not 100% perfect emulation and some devs/publishers may want to have more of a say and give final sign-off before MS pushes it out on the emulator.

TURBO1112

Been playing through ME1 the last few nights with any major issues. But tonight I flew back to the citadel and all my game sound cut out. Then my game locked up. I killed the game and restarted. Menu had sound. Once game loaded all sound was gone again. And it keeps locking up. Any one else have this issue? Gonna suck if I cant continue my play through.

Not really interested in any of the games announced yet. I would like Catherine, Lollipop Chainsaw and Super Puzzle Fighter though.

TheKeyPit

Banned
I used a code on my Xbox One and I got an additional text I haven't seen before:

win_20151008_150159paj3w.jpg

Probably for the codes of games like Fallout3, Rainbow Six Vegas etc.

AC1 and AC2 is in the ubi sizzle reel but not in your post

Didn't list AC1 down with the Ubi reel because it was previously in the Gamescom sizzle reel (scroll up). I added AC2 to Ubisoft sizzle reel area though.

I also added Doom to confirmed releases since it started showing up for some preview members but was quickly taken down.

Azzawon

Might be an odd question, but I have access to two XB1s which are both on the NXE update. On one of them I can download Borderlands after getting it with GwG some months back, but I can't download it on the other. Anyone have any idea what's going on?

Edit: Funnily enough, the console marked as my account's 'Home' console is the one with this issue.

Not sure. I don't own Borderlands on 360, but all of my other games (Mass Effect and the like) are available on both consoles.

Is there any chance you accidentally hid Borderlands on that console prior to the NXOE?

Might be an odd question, but I have access to two XB1s which are both on the NXE update. On one of them I can download Borderlands after getting it with GwG some months back, but I can't download it on the other. Anyone have any idea what's going on?

Edit: Funnily enough, the console marked as my account's 'Home' console is the one with this issue.
So it just doesn't show up under ready to install? The workaround of so is to find someone's profile who has played t recently and then select it and view it's store page to see if yu can install it there. I can pop it in later if you don't find anyone

Azzawon

So it just doesn't show up under ready to install? The workaround of so is to find someone's profile who has played t recently and then select it and view it's store page to see if yu can install it there. I can pop it in later if you don't find anyone

Nope :( and I've actually tried that but when I get to the store page the 'Install' button is missing. It's really weird.

Top Bottom