• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Onechanbara Z2: Chaos coming west this summer

mankoto

http://gematsu.com/2015/03/onechanbara-z2-chaos-coming-west-summer

Onechanbara Z2: Chaos is coming to PlayStation 4 in North America and Europe via publisher XSEED Games, the company announced.

In North America, the game will be available both digitally and physically via a limited run “Banana Split” retail release, which will include a soundtrack CD, softcover art book featuring art book from this game and its Japan-only predecessor, and a free code to download the ‘Strawberries & Bananas’ premium costume.

In Europe, NIS America will publish the game. More details regarding the EUropean release will be provided at a later date.

Here’s the full rundown, via XSEED Games:

The latest iteration of the Onechanbara sexy zombie slayer series ups the ante with two sets of buxom vampire sisters and over a dozen stages of high-octane real-time swordplay featuring hordes of zombies—not to mention wildly inventive methods for dispatching these undead opponents. Players will square off against the undead in various worldwide locations, with limbs and blood flying every which way by means of physical attacks and acrobatic maneuvers alike, occasionally transforming into a demon for short bursts of added power and speed at the cost of life energy. Each of the four members of the so-called “bikini zombie squad” has her own unique abilities, and skillful play is rewarded with orbs that can be exchanged for upgraded weapons and outfits. For the first time in the series, players can enjoy the game with full English voice-acting or play through with the original Japanese performances.

Jawmuncher

Oh wow they're bringing the banana strawberry costume as well? Xseed gives no fucks, but that's why I like them.

Eolz

Nice!
Gematsu really fucked up by forgetting their DST settings, pretty sure the announcements were meant for later :p

Are all of XSEED's games these days getting limited-release-only retail runs?

Cool that NISA picked this up for Europe though. Will likely check this out!

This game is really fun.
Just pure stupid action and tons of engrish. It's great.
Also, I still hope the Saudi Arabia level is still called ARAB.

koutoru

I guess I'll give this one a try.

I actually played a little bit of the PS3 Onechanbara game and it was kind of fun.

salromano

Nice!
Gematsu really fucked up by forgetting their DST settings, pretty sure the announcements were meant for later :p

Not my fault. GamesPress published XSEED's press release at 8:45am EST. And it's publicly accessible and has both the Kagura and Onechanbara news. (I didn't even know they were announcing Onechanbara till I saw that, I only knew about Kagura.)

Edit: Seeing this now, too. I got an e-mail from XSEED at 8:48am. Went to my spam for some reason.

Eolz

Wait, NISA is publishing it in Europe? If there's a CE, it will be on their godawful store...

Not my fault. GamesPress published XSEED's press release at 8:45am EST. And it's publicly accessible and has both the Kagura and Onechanbara news. (I didn't even know they were announcing Onechanbara till I saw that, I only knew about Kagura.)

Ah sorry about that. You've just been the first I've seen sharing it.

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
GOTY
onechanbara-z2-chaos-08-26-14-3.jpg

Thoraxes

Nice!

?

The countdown on the Marvelous twitter lined up exactly with this time. It said an announcement was coming in 3 hrs 38 minutes, and 3hrs and 38 minutes later the announcements were posted.

ys45

Is this suppose to be good anyone played the Japanese version ?
The one Xbox 360 was not really good .

SerTapTap

Interesting. If it's a limited physical run I guess I might get it. Are there english reviews for this (of the japanese release of course)? I thought the first was awful or something.

KyleCross

I gotta say, I'm a little worried how this game is going to go down here in the present state of things. I won't care, I'm gonna enjoy what I enjoy. But I am anticipating some... discussion.

I don't follow the import scene much, so didn't even know about this game. Saw the title and expected it to be on PS3 or 360 and thought to myself, "there's another game I'll buy but never play" (hi, Deception IV). Pretty awesome that it's coming to the PS4!

Memory

I gotta say, I'm a little worried how this game is going to go down here in the present state of things. I won't care, I'm gonna enjoy what I enjoy. But I am anticipating some... discussion.

Should be fine, the costumes are risky but the game is parody. Plus everyone in this game is an adult unlike some of the other games that have been discussed.

Vazra

If DOA5 didnt get drama having outfits like this I don't expect a more niche game to get flack.

Eolz

Should be fine, the costumes are risky but the game is parody. Plus everyone in this game is an adult unlike some of the other games that have been discussed.

If DOA5 didnt get drama having outfits like this I don't expect a more niche game to get flack.

Yep. There's no discussion when it comes to some games because they know those games already have some reputation, only caters to a fanbase, and won't get much attention.
Would be different if this was a more mainstream-oriented game, or if it was a new game (and not a sequel).

FHIZ

I was like THIS close to importing the game, had it in my cart at play Asia and everything, then I decided to google to see if there was any chance and found that thread where gaffers figured out xseed was bringing a game over. Thank goodness.

SerTapTap

Gets some flack but its not Dragon's Crown levels of media trashing or even Killer is Dead Gigolo missions flack.

DOA and Soul Calibur's Ivy are sort of Grandfathered in, they still get shit but no one bothers to get too outraged. Not sure why Dragon's Crown was such a rallying cry considering some of Kamitani's other stuff. But generally new stuff is easier to make into a controversy.

Gets some flack but its not Dragon's Crown levels of media trashing or even Killer is Dead Gigolo missions flack.
I think that's because after DOA: Beach Volleyball, people expect DOA to be mostly absurd fanservice. Dragon's Crown and Killer is Dead were new IPs, so they got more attention from game journalists.

Eolz

DOA and Soul Calibur's Ivy are sort of Grandfathered in, they still get shit but no one bothers to get too outraged. Not sure why Dragon's Crown was such a rallying cry considering some of Kamitani's other stuff. But generally new stuff is easier to make into a controversy.

Wasn't it their first game to get a "big" marketing push?

Vazra

Also weird considering Dragon's Crowd was a niche game but I guess the game being praised for the great visuals kinda got attention from others.

Eolz

Now that the trailer is uploaded, it's nice to know the Japanese VO is included.
The english one isn't really bad, but it just doesn't really fit. Maybe it's just the trailer doing a bad job though.

IbukiLordSA

This is great news, I will double dip. Easily one of the hidden gems on PS4. Game is super fun and just really cool. The gameplay shines especially when you unlock weapons and skills. Characters move fluidly and being able to chain combos together between 4 different characters while switching between each characters main weapon, secondary weapon and sub weapon makes for some amazing looking combo's.

Look past the perversion and it's just a fun title to play.

Top Bottom