• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Wii nunchuk - rumble confirmed

kaizoku

I'm not as deluded as I make myself out to be
update:

hey guys guess what, its me again.

This time with "confirmation" from EDGE MAGAZINE - Special Wii feature from latest magazine, page 9.

Quote: "because it does not require batteries, the Nunchuk feels unusually light in operation, although the inclusion of a rumble facility ensures that it has a tactile quality."

hmmmm, the plot thickens? Final confirmation? Make of it what you will.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sorry if old, I did a quick scan as everyone (myself included) seemed under the impression the remote has rumble - the nunchuk does NOT.

I read Gamesmaster today who made it very clear that the nunchuk also has rumble - so both hands have independent rumble and motion sensing capabilities. Apparently it feels absolutely awesome playing Zelda in this way.

That is all - lock if old! :)

ok guys - exact words:

"and this level of immersion goes beyond just controller movement. Both the Wii remote and nunchuk attachment have their own rumble function, so theres feedback in both your hands while you battle."
pretty blatant if you ask me, not like they hyped it up as some huge scoop, its just stated as a fact in the paragraph.

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
wonderfuldays said:
bailout.jpg

kaizoku

I dont know where...maybe those black blocks, maybe thats not a final model of the nunchuk. Certainly doesnt look it. Just repeating what I read.

and yeh gamesmaster sucks, but its one of the big name mags here, I read it for free and they were pretty explicit that it had rumble.

If not true, it should be. Stereo rumble has been a Sony advantage for years, but it seems the concept would be much cooler (and necessary) when each hand would be affected by a separate controller segment.

Hopefully at least some third party will make a rumbling nunchuk? No true stereo rumble, but hey.

EDIT: I guess lack of nunchuk rumble makes for one more advantage the wiimote+wiimote combination still has after learning that the nunchuk had accelerometers, too.

MaddenNFL64

Could you write in the exact quotes from the article you read pertaining to the nunchuck having rumble? Maybe you misquoted. Or they suck.

kaizoku

ok guys - exact words:

"and this level of immersion goes beyond just controller movement. Both the Wii remote and nunchuk attachment have their own rumble function, so theres feedback in both your hands while you battle."

pretty blatant if you ask me, not like they hyped it up as some huge scoop, its just stated as a fact in the paragraph.

This should be considered complete bullshit until further notice. See: Ranger X, wonderfuldays

The thread title needs to be editted. Or the entire thread should be locked. Or maybe both.

kaizoku

Mr. TV Goggles said:
This should be considered complete bullshit until further notice. See: Ranger X, wonderfuldays

The thread title needs to be editted. Or the entire thread should be locked. Or maybe both.

What would constitute a confirmation? A different mag reporting it perhaps? Gamesmaster is the biggest selling multiformat mag in Britain (or was) and this is a pretty obvious statement. It'd be weird if the journo had imagined rumble in his left hand, or felt the need to make it up to spice up his report.

Unless you are assuming I'm the one making it up.

trh

Nifty AND saffron-colored!
kaizoku said:
ok guys - exact words:

Was that from an hands-on impression?

kaizoku said:
What would constitute a confirmation? A different mag reporting it perhaps? Gamesmaster is the biggest selling multiformat mag in Britain (or was) and this is a pretty obvious statement. It'd be weird if the journo had imagined rumble in his left hand, or felt the need to make it up to spice up his report.

Unless you are assuming I'm the one making it up.
The final devkit doesn't have a nunchuck with rumble:
Ranger X said:
There's no rumble in the Nunchuck unless my final kit and test console isn't the final one?

Common guys...
And there's no rumble to be found inside the nunchuck:
wonderfuldays said:
So who should I believe? This forum itself a more reliable source.

You must also understand that journalists are not always that professional...

kaizoku

trh said:
Was that from an hands-on impression?

Its from their Zelda article, quite a good article actually, found it more useful explaining how things work than others I've read.

kaizoku

Mr. TV Goggles said:
The final devkit doesn't have a nunchuck with rumble:

And there's no rumble to be found inside the nunchuck:

So who should I believe? This forum itself a more reliable source.

suit yourself....I'm just sharing news I was glad to hear.

and theres pictures of him playing Zelda and what moves do what.

kaizoku said:
suit yourself....I'm just sharing news I was glad to hear.

and theres pictures of him playing Zelda and what moves do what.
And how do you know that person was actually him? Maybe it was someone else and he claims it to be him.

Mrbob

So is this true or not?

I always wondered if Sony is bullshitting or not about not being able to add rumble because of the accellerometers in the pad. Because the nunchuck has the same thing inside and also doesn't rumble. If this is true then Sony has no more real excuse.

levious

That throwing stick stunt of yours has boomeranged on us.
Mrbob said:
So is this true or not?

I always wondered if Sony is bullshitting or not about not being able to add rumble because of the accellerometers in the pad. Because the nunchuck has the same thing inside and also doesn't rumble. If this is true then Sony has no more real excuse.

isn't there accellerometers in the wiimote as well?

Varjet

Mrbob said:
So is this true or not?

uh, the wiimote has afaik accellerometers and rumble

kaizoku

Grok4Spock said:
Why is this thread still going when even Nintendo will tell you there is no rumble in the Nunchuk???

Well it was kinda quiet for 11 minutes until you bumped it :D

Someone oughta spam gamesmaster's email or phoneline for a reason for this kind of reporting if its untrue.

billysea

Banned
Rumble is so important now in video games. It's crazy to not have it. Totally take out the experience if it doesn't have it.

SuomiDude

Mr. TV Goggles said:
Don't be silly. The rumble comes through the wire.

That's actually very much possible. I mean on GC, you could feel the rumble in the wire of the controller almost just as well as in the actual controller. So maybe the guy in question (in the magazine) just felt the rumble from the actual Wiimote, and thought it came from the nunchuk?

Top Bottom