• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Microsoft hiring for Horizon Zero Dawn-like game, maybe by Playground (Forza Horizon)

Status
Not open for further replies.

SOR5

This was raised in another thread, but I thought the speculation could be fun

Source: https://mspoweruser.com/microsoft-making-horizon-zero-dawn-like-game/

Screen-Shot-2017-06-17-at-11.41.26-PM.png

The job listing is clearly by a G3D recruiter as they specialize in finding game developers for various clients like Activision and Sony. Considering that the post was 2 months ago, it seems that work is well on its way. Hopefully we'll find out more about the game at Gamescom or E3 2018.

Somnia

There's another posting out there for another game by MS also, can't remember the details, but I saw it talked about.

Probably just a game with a similar environmental design rather than one with a similar premise. Interested to know if it's single player or a service game.

Eolz

To note: it's not MS doing this tweet, but a recruitment agency.
Which is not that unusual.

sphinx

the piano man
late to the party, Microsoft. very very late to the party

while Horizon and Zelda blew everyone away you were too busy creating scorpio.

but better late than never.

Meh. I stopped playing Horizon about 80% or so through because it was a reskinned Ubisoft game. I have no interest in a reskinned reskin on Xbone.

Somnia

MS working on new games, recruiter says it's similar to Horizon to just give people looking for a job an idea = GAF will make this an interesting thread as they'll say MS has no originality due to recruiter language lol

FelipeMGM

Its worth noting that this dude is a recruiter for art stuff (VFX, 3D art) and he is looking for Enviromental artists tha can creat stuff in a similar art style. So ''Horizon Zero Dawn-like game'' might only refer to that and not the nature of the game itself at all

Boke1879

It's probably just an open world game. It's probably just to give an idea of what type of game you'll be working on.

Now if this thing is revealed and we see Robot Dinos then throw a tantrum. Until then this means nothing.

Zukkoyaki

Microsoft doesn't confirm new IP =
"Where the hell are the new IPs?! Phil is a liar!!"

Microsoft confirms they're working on a big new IP akin to a recent highly successful game =
"So original." "Too late."

They can't win can they? It's a recruitment pitch. They want to give people an idea of the type of game they're envisioning.

Rien

Jelly Belly
It's probably just an open world game. It's probably just to give an idea of what type of game you'll be working on.

Now if this thing is revealed and we see Robot Dinos then throw a tantrum. Until then this means nothing.

RedRum

Banned
Worth nothing, this dude is a recruiter for art stuff (VFX, 3D art) and he is looking for Enviromental artists tha can creat stuff in a similar art style. So ''Horizon Zero Dawn-like game'' might only refer to that and not the game itself at all

You should have been the first post. :)

nynt9

Reminds me of that old Reddit rumor or something that said how Phil Spencer (edit: or just Microsoft, I don't remember) was all about trying to fund sony-killer exclusives. Supposedly Ryse was supposed to be the god of war killer, sunset overdrive the infamous killer etc.

Of course, all of that should be taken with a grain of salt.

Cathcart

Cool can't wait for another beautiful game with awesome combat that's occasionally interrupted by tedious NPC conversations with never ending sub par voiceover work that makes me want to throw my controller in the trash.

Boke1879

Horizon was lots of things, "original" wasn't one of them. So it actually makes sense.

Aint too many games out there with a female lead taking on robot dinos.

But I get your overall point. Most open world games by design aren't originally. Many of them borrow from each other.

Reminds me of that old Reddit rumor or something that said how Phil Spencer was all about trying to fund sony-killer exclusives. Supposedly Ryse was supposed to be the god of war killer, sunset overdrive the infamous killer etc.

Of course, all of that should be taken with a grain of salt.

Hahaha, what the fuck?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom