• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Autumn Anime 2017 |OT| Makes us all rotten

Ascheroth

Anyway, now that we're on page 2, let's start this off with a new anime.

UQ Holder 01

mcl84fG.jpg

Wasn't bad, but it felt weird being greeted by a 2 min short intro of Negima and then "It's 80 years later now, nearly everyone's dead, but not like this means anything to you unless you read the manga lol"
And of course clothes explode in the first 2 minutes, they're making sure you know what's going to happen.

Action was nice and nicely edgy, show doesn't look too bad but I'm not a fan of some of the voices yet.

Ascheroth

Summer recap

Made in Abyss: AOTS
Symphogear AXZ: Season 5 when
Appmon: Second best Digimon

Knight's & Magic: 2 episodes behind
Princess Principal: 3 episodes behind
Bahasoul: 4 episodes behind
Kakegurui: 6 episodes behind

welp

DNAbro

Shame on y'all:
Code:
Narag	571
Cornbread78	569
MetroidPrimeRib	502
Dedication Through Light	487
hosannainexcelsis	466
Line_HTX	465
Jarmel	383
duckroll	376
Admiral Woofington	367
AquaWateria	326
Crimson_Echidna	304
nintendoman58	299
PdotMichael	282
blurr	278
Haly	272
MikeHattsu	241
Qurupeke	234
DNAbro	213
zulux21	211
Valdfellgar	204
Hellwarden	200
Theonik	199
BGBW	198
SliceSabre	195
Ascheroth	193
phaze	190
Turin Turambar	181
Quasar	163
Shard	149
PshycoNinja	148
NaDannMaGoGo	139
LotusHD	125
Joe Molotov	120
ibyea	119
e_i	118
Jintor	114
KirbYuuYuu	109
firehawk12	101

Pingu isn't new! :p

213 feels like too much.

But yay new anime.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Anyway, now that we're on page 2, let's start this off with a new anime.

UQ Holder 01

Wasn't bad, but it felt weird being greeted by a 2 min short intro of Negima and then "It's 80 years later now, nearly everyone's dead, but not like this means anything to you unless you read the manga lol"
And of course clothes explode in the first 2 minutes, they're making sure you know what's going to happen.

Action was nice and nicely edgy, show doesn't look too bad but I'm not a fan of some of the voices yet.

Let me guess: on some streaming service I don't have

Not in community?

Anyway, the new season looks at least somewhat promising. I've been out of it lately, but maybe I'll start picking up seasonal shows again.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Wow look at the SNITCH everybody!

Perhaps this is a test to see if the mods will let us out of Community for a spell like how the sports OTs come out of community at the start of their seasons then get sent back after a month.

they won't it will just get moved there

Currently on board for:

New Gintama
Shokugeki no Soma S3
UQ Holder!
Himouto! S2
Ousama Game

I might pick up more depending on impressions. Fall season is stacked as always!

Angry Grimace

I mean, I like March Comes In Like a Lion, but if that's the season highlight things are looking rough.

zulux21

Shame on y'all:
Code:
Narag	571
Cornbread78	569
MetroidPrimeRib	502
hosannainexcelsis	466
Line_HTX	465
Jarmel	383
duckroll	376
Admiral Woofington	367
AquaWateria	326
Crimson_Echidna	304
nintendoman58	299
PdotMichael	282
blurr	278
Haly	272
MikeHattsu	241
Qurupeke	234
DNAbro	213
zulux21	211
Valdfellgar	204
Hellwarden	200
Theonik	199
BGBW	198
SliceSabre	195
Ascheroth	193
phaze	190
Turin Turambar	181
Quasar	163
Shard	149
PshycoNinja	148
NaDannMaGoGo	139
LotusHD	125
Joe Molotov	120
ibyea	119
e_i	118
Jintor	114
KirbYuuYuu	109
firehawk12	101

oh hey i actually made a list.
time to retire from neogaf :p

that being said...
is Black Clover missing from the OP or am I just missing it?
same with Garo Vanishing lane (they both have to be more popular than half of the stuff currently included :p)
also why do we have all of that other cute girls garbage but no fox girls
https://myanimelist.net/anime/35241/Konohana_Kitan ?

Angry Grimace

I can't help but be surprised that Shokugeki got a third season.

Beeg, you MFer, didn't let us reach 300

Shame on y'all:
Code:
Narag	571
Cornbread78	569
MetroidPrimeRib	502
hosannainexcelsis	466
Line_HTX	465
Jarmel	383
duckroll	376
Admiral Woofington	367
AquaWateria	326
Crimson_Echidna	304
nintendoman58	299
PdotMichael	282
blurr	278
Haly	272
MikeHattsu	241
Qurupeke	234
DNAbro	213
zulux21	211
Valdfellgar	204
Hellwarden	200
Theonik	199
BGBW	198
SliceSabre	195
Ascheroth	193
phaze	190
Turin Turambar	181
Quasar	163
Shard	149
PshycoNinja	148
NaDannMaGoGo	139
LotusHD	125
Joe Molotov	120
ibyea	119
e_i	118
Jintor	114
KirbYuuYuu	109
firehawk12	101

Like a disease, I'm crawling up

looking forward to the start of this season, and its idol sengokui jidai. LETS GO AQOURS! looking forward to WuG s2 as well. hopefully this leads to more WuG Zoo, the real kemono friends.

zulux21

I mean it's one of the more popular manga in shonen jump. it shouldn't be that surprising.

now what will be surprising is if the series survives it's 3rd season that will be trash tier in order to get to the 4th season that will actually be fun again lol.

I'm personally more surprised that a promised neverland hasn't had an anime announcement yet given MHA had one at this point in its run.

Isn't it an important arc or whatever though?

eh... not really.
it's about as important as naruto filler.

you could pretty easily skip most of it and just move onto the current arc with a couple of story tweaks lol.

granted if I had my way bitch mctits would have died from enjoying soma's egg dish too much and the series would have been even better than it is so far :p

phaze

oh hey i actually made a list.
time to retire from neogaf :p

that being said...
is Black Clover missing from the OP or am I just missing it?
same with Garo Vanishing lane (they both have to be more popular than half of the stuff currently included :p)
also why do we have all of that other cute girls garbage but no fox girls
https://myanimelist.net/anime/35241/Konohana_Kitan ?

Garo is the third spot.

Judging by impressions of S2 and PV for 3, it's not like they're putting out loads of cash to make it happen.

I mean it's one of the more popular manga in shonen jump. it shouldn't be that surprising.

now what will be surprising is if the series survives it's 3rd season that will be trash tier in order to get to the 4th season that will actually be fun again lol.

I'm personally more surprised that a promised neverland hasn't had an anime announcement yet given MHA had one at this point in its run.
Promised never land is a far less traditional shonen than MHA (which also got it's adaption super fast) and it hasn't been too long since the end of the arc that would be the best stopping point

zulux21

Promised never land is a far less traditional shonen than MHA (which also got it's adaption super fast) and it hasn't been too long since the end of the arc that would be the best stopping point

I supposed but given the popularity I would have assumed that one would have been streamlined to an anime announcement.

kind of have been expecting an announcement for fall 2018 for it.

Garo is the third spot.

fair enough I missed that one :p

kayos90

Tragic victim of fan death
Wow. The bar for the Wall of Shame has lowered dramatically it seems. What are yall even doing???

Top Bottom