• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Swagbucks (the alternative to lockerz)

Status
Not open for further replies.

immy

Banned
Like lockerz, Swagbucks it legit.
However unlike Lockers you actually can earn stuff.

black ice explained it better then i can

black_ice said:
Oh, and since people here seem to like free stuff, you guys should all check out Swag Bucks (as well as Lockerz if you haven't).

If you don't know what SwagBucks is, to keep it simple, it's a search engine that rewards its users with SwagBucks, currency on their site that can be used to purchase an array of things. Just like Lockerz, it is real.

After you create an account you should post your referral link here so that if anyone joins you can see if they can join through your link.

There are 5 main ways to get Swagbucks:

-Searching on their search engine (DL their toolbar, it makes it a lot easier) will get you 1-10 swag bucks on random searches. The most common way. On average you can get 2-4 SB's a day.

-"Swag Codes," if you have the tool bar then during certain times of the day "TheSwagGuy" will give out codes worth 1 swag buck.

-Shopping, if you shop online, there are certain sites that if you click through swagbucks you get 1 swagbuck for each $5 you spend, sites include the itunes store, gamestop, jr.com, dell.com, walmart, and more.

-The biggest way, referrals. When you refer someone, when they earn a Swagbuck through Swagbucks search engine (aka searching) you earn it as well, so if you can invite 10 friends and they can get 10 swagbucks then that's 100 for you.

-When you redeem a prize, if you post a vid of it through youtube and give the link to Swagbucks, they will give you SB's, not to mention getting referrals from any Youtube viewers that you show it's legit.

if you guys want to give it a go, i would love it if you used my referral link
http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/immy21

Costanza

Banned
Oli said:
Eh, I have no patience for it. The search engine isn't that good, imo.
Pro tip: it'll only dole out a swagbuck (or 2/3) for you once a day usually, you can just type a few random words in every morning a few times and get your daily reward, then go back to using Google.

Oli

Costanza said:
Pro tip: it'll only dole out a swagbuck (or 2/3) for you once a day usually, you can just type a few random words in every morning a few times and get your daily reward, then go back to using Google.

I guess that's true. I should use it more often.

The problem is that I'm intimidated by the fact that the decent stuff is about 50-100 points, when you only earn about 5 now and then.

Ashhong

Oli said:
I guess that's true. I should use it more often.

The problem is that I'm intimidated by the fact that the decent stuff is about 50-100 points, when you only earn about 5 now and then.

the trick is doing some searches every day, should win you at LEAST 2 points, probably more. also you should follow this thread from slickdeals, as they post swagcodes everyday that get you free points.

http://slickdeals.net/forums/showthread.php?t=1291711

think i deserve some referals for this link =P

www.swagbucks.com/refer/safetyauto

oh god damn you Costanza. hidden links ftl

Razorskin

----- ------
So the amazon cards get sent to me or do the codes get emailed to me? Because if they are sent then I'm fucked since I live in Quebec.

CoryCubed

I usually average one $5 amazon gc a month. Just 45 swagbucks, but make sure you only earn them from the direct swagbucks.com. Goes quick too if you can get even one friend signed up.

Costanza

Banned
Razorskin said:
So the amazon cards get sent to me or do the codes get emailed to me? Because if they are sent then I'm fucked since I live in Quebec.
codes are emailed. i didn't even give them my real address

Stat Flow

He gonna cry in the car
Thanks for the credit OP... but damn.

I made this topic a month ago and got it locked FAST AND I got flamed by a couple of users. What the fuck?

yoopoo

Banned
Loove swagbucks...

swag.jpg

Sign up with this referrer link if you live. http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/yumms

Free swagbuck for all Swaggenstein.

Roto13

Shadowlink said:
It takes a while to get swagbucks on the search engine.
Yeah. I had to search like ten times to get any today.

There are some pretty weird prizes here. :p Star Wars Episode 1 Racer for N64? What is this, a yard sale?

Ashhong

i could use a friend..

the trick with search winning is not to force it. every couple of hours i search google about 3-4 times and almost always win. if i get a Swagcode from slickdeals i usually put it into the search bar also and win more often than not.

Ashhong said:
i could use a friend..

the trick with search winning is not to force it. every couple of hours i search google about 3-4 times and almost always win. if i get a Swagcode from slickdeals i usually put it into the search bar also and win more often than not.
Signed up using your referral. How do I get my own? Can't seem to find it anywhere on the site..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom