• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Quantum Break Episode Pack(Live Action Show), 75GB download on Xbox One

TheKeyPit

Banned
The Quantum Break Episode Pack is an Add-on for Xbox One which contains all episodes of the Live Action Show. It looks like it will be a 75GB download.

wp_20160325_07_53_54_pys8q.jpg

If you don't want to download all this, the episodes will be streamed to your console:
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1192361

If you want to download it and you've preordered:
In order to pre-load go to:

My Games & Apps > Quantum Break > Press your controller's "Menu Button" > Manage Game > Quantum Break Episode Pack > Install

This is if you have already pre-ordered Quantum Break. You can't download this through the store. It will tell you that it is "Bundle Only".

Edit:
For those who think it's just 4 22min episodes.

Each episode has variations within itself. Some scenes only trigger worth some decisions and after doing certain ingame things.

So there's a bunch of permutations for each episode, it's not just four episodes in that download.

TheKeyPit

Banned
4K, right?

Such a heavy load

When asked if an option will exist for those wanting to download it, Louden says that it will only be offered on the Xbox One version, but the Windows 10 version does feature 4K resolution, making the video size all the more substantial. Quantum Break is set to launch on both Xbox One and Windows 10 April 5.

4K only on PC.

jackdoe

This doesn't make any sense. Netflix at its highest quality uses about 7 GB an hour. Using this scale, this download would be for almost ten hours of footage. That is unless the streaming quality is at a higher bitrate than Netflix's "Ultra HD" (which is stupid) or the downloaded footage has a higher bitrate than the streaming (which is also stupid).

malfcn

I believe there are several variations. So while it might be 4x22 minutes..it could really be QBx22 minutes.

God damn. 75GB for 4 22 minute episodes is a lot. Need a better encode.

Each episode has variations within itself. Some scenes only trigger worth some decisions and after doing certain ingame things.

So there's a bunch of permutations for each episode, it's not just four episodes in that download.

Zomba13

I think people need to be made aware it's not just 22 minutes x4 but there are different scenes and different versions of episodes etc so it could be more like 22x16 or more depending on how much changes.

It could just be some minor changes and it's just bad compression or encoding or whatever but it's likely a bit more than just 4 22 minute long 1080p episodes.

Vashetti

Banned
itt: people who have no concept of bitrates and video quality

Most Blu-ray discs are 50GB, your movie on that disc takes up the vast majority of it.

They're giving you the episodes in super high quality.

nib95

Banned
Seventy five fucking gigs. Wtf. Yesterday I was super pumped about this game and pre ordered it, then today I was browsing YT vids about the game and saw some walkthrough vids that had the whole of episode one of the live action shorts uploaded along with the opening chapters. Really, what was the bloody point of the live action stuff? Over 20 minutes of mostly pointless, slow moving, slightly corny, largely boring exposition. At least it ended in a cool way, but really, this live action stuff is a big ass potential problem area. Totally killed the pacing and brought a whole new meaning to "cinematic game". I mean, 2-3 parts of his 5 part upload of the first area of the game, were just live action video or cut scenes lol.

Fact that it all has to be streamed or downloaded is annoying too. Couldn't they have just put these extras on a second blu-ray? If you're going to spend the budget on the clips, you might as well spend the extra on consumer convenience too. Not to mention they're guaranteed to get the full picture in terms of story.

Anyway, still holding out on reviews, but I'm not convinced about the live action stuff.

Seventy five fucking gigs. Wtf. Yesterday I was super pumped about this game and pre ordered it, then today I was browsing YT vids about the game and saw some walkthrough vids that had the whole of episode one of the live action shorts uploaded along with the opening chapters. Really, what was the bloody point of the live action stuff? Over 20 minutes of mostly pointless, slow moving, slightly corny, largely boring exposition. At least it ended in a cool way, but really, this live action stuff is a big ass potential problem area. Totally killed the pacing and brought a whole new meaning to "cinematic game". I mean, 2-3 parts of his 5 part upload of the first area of the game, were just live action video or cut scenes lol.

Fact that it all has to be streamed or downloaded is annoying too. Couldn't they have just put these extras on a second blu-ray? If you're going to spend the budget on the clips, you might as well spend the extra on consumer convenience too. Not to mention they're guaranteed to get the full picture in terms of story.

Anyway, still holding out on reviews, but I'm not convinced about the live action stuff.

I would say it is actually consumer convenience to having it being streamed. People stream everything today, so why not this. I would rather having it stream like any other Netflix show, rather then having to waste harddrive space or bother with two discs.

But to each their own.

nib95

Banned
I would say it is actually consumer convenience to having it being streamed. People stream everything today, so why not this. I would rather having it stream like any other Netflix show, rather then having to waste harddrive space or bother with two discs.

But to each their own.

I suppose it depends on how reliable the stream is, and what sort of quality it is. If it lags, or degrades in quality a lot, that'll definitely hamper the experience. Having to download, especially at these file sizes, is also annoying and for me would be cumbersome, but it might very well offer much better quality video than the streaming alternative. I suppose I could live with a competent streaming option, but high quality encoded blu ray transfers can't be beaten imo.

T.O.P

Banned
You definitely can't satisfy everyone.

Pretty much

They had the pre-load for the game up like 3 weeks before release, this will probably go up shortly as well, and you can both decide to stream it or download it at the highest quality

It's not like they are showing this shit 24h before the game launch

Caayn

This doesn't make any sense. Netflix at its highest quality uses about 7 GB an hour. Using this scale, this download would be for almost ten hours of footage. That is unless the streaming quality is at a higher bitrate than Netflix's "Ultra HD" (which is stupid) or the downloaded footage has a higher bitrate than the streaming (which is also stupid).
Netflix's bitrate is horrible low. That's why it uses so few data per hour to stream.

Netflix UHD has a lower bitrate than a 1080p blu-ray for example.

Eusis

So I guess this is why streaming is default.

Though... honestly, streaming makes a hell of a lot of sense these days if you're going to be mandating installs and it's the lion's share of the data. That's a large chunk of data taking up valuable space that could be kept free instead.

Top Bottom