• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT4| Trust's a Tough Thing to Come by These Days

Hey Tunavi, my friend and I built something awesome in Minecraft that you have to see later. It's awesome.

Also, that box art is really cool.

Karl2177

Apparently I'm famous now because of that Kotaku article!
Random person who I've never played with before (checked my recently played list, wouldn't even let me submit a player review) sent me a message that said:

"How old do u have to be to work for bungie?"

he also sent me a friend request.
So, taking a page out of Karl's book, (pretty sure he was the one who convinced somebody he worked on halo games) I replied with "What makes you think I work for Bungie? ;)"

Is it sad that trolling is nearly as fun as playing games on live?
The winky face makes all the difference. I'm proud to call you my son, monsterfracas. But not Franklinator. Not yet.

Halo 4 better have a steelbook LE. The Halo 2 one was so nice. I remember going through three Halo 3 LE's until I got one without a scratched disc. That box was garbage.

Random person who I've never played with before (checked my recently played list, wouldn't even let me submit a player review) sent me a message that said:

So, taking a page out of Karl's book, (pretty sure he was the one who convinced somebody he worked on halo games) I replied with "What makes you think I work for Bungie? ;)"

Was his steel cold?

Ryaaan14

Banned
Halo 4 better have a steelbook LE. The Halo 2 one was so nice. I remember going through three Halo 3 LE's until I got one without a scratched disc. That box was garbage.

Amazingly I was one of the very few whose disc wasn't loose. Not sure how that fucker stayed on that pitiful excuse for a nub.

Amazingly I was one of the very few whose disc wasn't loose. Not sure how that fucker stayed on that pitiful excuse for a nub.

Yeah it was crazy how bad they were. I had a friend who went through 6 of them before the guy at Gamestop finally just opened a regular edition and gave him that disc with the LE case.

Louis Wu

Best story I've got in this genre:

It's PAX 2008, I'm standing in the Bungie booth. (It's not really off-limits, but the only people in the booth are folks actually playing the Mythic maps and Bungie employees.) I'm talking to a bunch of GAFfers waiting in line to play (standing outside the booth ropes).

Some kid walks up to me and hands me a cat helmet. Seeing my blank stare, he asks me to sign it.

"Do you know who I am?" I ask him.

"No."

So I tell him.

And he takes the cat helmet and walks away.

CyReN

It's PAX 2008, I'm standing in the Bungie booth. (It's not really off-limits, but the only people in the booth are folks actually playing the Mythic maps and Bungie employees.) I'm talking to a bunch of GAFfers waiting in line to play (standing outside the booth ropes).

Some kid walks up to me and hands me a cat helmet. Seeing my blank stare, he asks me to sign it.

"No."

So I tell him.

When I figured out that you were the guy from the Halo 2 making of/H.B.O to Gaf name I did a little squeal.

"No."

So I tell him.

Honestly id like you to sign something for me, your like famous and shit dude.
I really wanted to go to one of your LANs after that video.

In completely unrelated but awesome news (to me at least)
My newest skyrim character.

Geralt of Rivia Brother of the Nightswatch.

Found a mod that added Lanister and The mountains armour to the game. :)

Fracas

#fuckonami
Nah, someone sent me messages asking for bungie employee's gamertags. I pointed hm towards heckfu, thought you might have had a similar fate.

Lol ah okay. I thought I was trolling you trolling me or something. But yeah, this kid has apparently talked to other "314" employees, including HaloGAF members. He said this:

"Your a pretty good guy all the other that work for 314 just blew me off (grimbrother1.hypertrooper.kuphus etc)"

GhaleonEB

Hah, it's even more similar than I remembered.

But seriously, that sequence blew my mind seeing it in theaters when I was a kid. The thought of something showing up to eat your planet....yowza.

Reading the thread on the Gaming side, I think this is the most well-recieved Halo cover art to date, at least on par with the ODST one. I recall much bitching with Halo 2 and 3.

Hah, it's even more similar than I remembered.

But seriously, that sequence blew my mind seeing it in theaters when I was a kid. The thought of something showing up to eat your planet....yowza.

Reading the thread on the Gaming side, I think this is the most well-recieved Halo cover art to date, at least on par with the ODST one. I recall much bitching with Halo 2 and 3.
That movie was filled with all kinds of awesome for a kid. Must have seen that flick a half-dozen times at the theater.

I'm shocked at the positive remarks about the box art. Hard to deny such a cool thing, though.

That movie was filled with all kinds of awesome for a kid. Must have seen that flick a half-dozen times at the theater.

DOES NOT HOLD UP.

Re-watched it a few years ago and felt childhood me smother himself with a pillow--leaving a void filled only by Michael Bay movies. An exploding void.

Well Windows Phone, iOS, and Android will all have significant software updates this fall, and new hardware, so I'd just wait for the fall.
that's what I'm planning on doing. leaning towards windows, hoping for a new Nokia.

and Diablo, what type of game is it? is it like WoW?

Fracas

#fuckonami
Ah, really fighting the urge to buy Max Payne 3.

I know that if I buy it, I'll start single player, toss it on the shelf with all the other games I bought at full price, then I'll see it on sale for $25 somewhere and get pissed

edit: Oh man, rumors that BF3 is switching to a subscription are popping up again. Seriously, this better not be true.

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun
OK good I'll get it then. I just don't really believe in active membership games. Like WoW.

Comes out tonight right? How is everyone playing it?

Euro is already playing it. Some people are using Euro accounts from their Blizz accounts.

Currently dealing with the Banshee on Paradiso. My condolences to those guys, it's downright painful to watch.

That happened last night, it was sickening.

senador

Banned
Ah, really fighting the urge to buy Max Payne 3.

I know that if I buy it, I'll start single player, toss it on the shelf with all the other games I bought at full price, then I'll see it on sale for $25 somewhere and get pissed

edit: Oh man, rumors that BF3 is switching to a subscription are popping up again. Seriously, this better not be true.

That wouldn't make sense this far out from launch. They'd be met with too much rage. They should do it. I'd love to have my last EA straw and the rage would be entertaining.

Fracas

#fuckonami
That wouldn't make sense this far out from launch. They'd be met with too much rage. They should do it. I'd love to have my last EA straw and the rage would be entertaining.

As dumb as it may be, I honestly wouldn't be surprised.

I don't know what's happened to EA these last few years. They were sooooo good before all of this, now I just don't know.

Top Bottom