• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Minecraft PS3 releasing on Blu-Ray disc on May 14th

Vashetti

Banned
Just got this email:

Screen_Shot_2014_04_16_at_10_38_25.png

Minor sales update:

Hello everyone! Owen from Mojang here. As at least 1.5 million of you already know, Minecraft: PlayStation 3 Edition has been available to download from PSN since the end of last year. Welcome to the Minecraft family, friends of Sony!

http://blog.eu.playstation.com/2014/...se-next-month/

elektrixx

Banned
All hail Notch.

As much as I love Minecraft, I never play with enemies. They just disturb the exploring and building.

meppi

If Sony are smart they'll release physical copies for Vita and PS4.

A Vita bundle would be terrific at the right price.
That would indeed be a very smart move.

Portable Minecraft as a packing. That's sure to sell a couple systems.

Card Boy

Banned
I just find it funny a 150 meg game is getting a Bluray disc. I guess Mojang has no choice if they want a physical release on PS3.

lewisgone

If they release this physically for the Vita it might help convince me to pick one up. I play Minecraft sometimes on the PC, but a portable version that isn't touchscreen-only and far behind version-wise is what I really want...never feel committed to big projects on the PC version because you can't multitask very well.

If Sony are smart they'll release physical copies for Vita and PS4.

A Vita bundle would be terrific at the right price.

I agree, but it will be hamstrung by the silly memory card prices and Minecraft is a game that demands a lot of storage. (unless of course Sony sees sense and drops the price by 50% across the board)

Vashetti

Banned
I agree, but it will be hamstrung by the silly memory card prices and Minecraft is a game that demands a lot of storage. (unless of course Sony sees sense and drops the price by 50% across the board)

Err?

Minecraft is tiny in terms of file-size.

They could bundle a 4GB card and it would take up barely any of it.

Edit: If they bundle the Vita 2000 they wouldn't even need to include a memory card as it already has 1GB of onboard storage.

Err?

Minecraft is tiny in terms of file-size.

They could bundle a 4GB card and it would take up barely any of it.

Edit: If they bundle the Vita 2000 they wouldn't even need to include a memory card as it already has 1GB of onboard storage.

Doesn't it have almost weekly updates along with various skin patches at the like? I can't imagine they'll all fit along with numerous save files on a 4gb memory card. Unless the Vita is getting the P.E version of the game...

Vashetti

Banned
Doesn't it have almost weekly updates along with various skin patches at the like? I can't imagine they'll all fit along with numerous save files on a 4gb memory card. Unless the Vita is getting the P.E version of the game...

The PS3 patches are usually tiny and just replace the last patch when it updates. The Vita patches will likely be even smaller.

It's a complete non-issue.

The PS3 patches are usually tiny and just replace the last patch when it updates. The Vita patches will likely be even smaller.

It's a complete non-issue.

Ah, I didn't know the newer patches replaced the last ones. I guess that makes the storage issue moot. Thanks for clearing that up.

Still, Sony should take the opportunity to drop the price of the memory cards.

Dachande

Not sure about boxed, but a crossbuy promo on Vita/PS3 may make me rebuy Minecraft again since my original PC Alpha purchase all those years ago... such a different game from back then, though.

VLiberty

Posted yesterday in th PSN thread

Since it's published by Sony, if they won't do the same for Vita then they're just stupid

This pretty much confirms it's coming to PSV and PS4, but not if it's physical..

Bk7TdxNCIAAo76c.jpg:large

I'm pretty sure they confirmed them for the those platforms well before that picture was released. The only problem has been the release date, since they really haven't given any clue as to when they would actually be out.

PS4 and PSV versions were announced at the last Gamescom conference, so that's been known for a while.

As I said in the PSN thread, it's genuinely concerning how few people actually realize Minecraft PSV has been officially announced for nigh on a year now :(

EDIT: On the above blog post, 4J are taking questions. So... jump on it!

Top Bottom