• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

HENSHIN!! Official Tokusatsu Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

vareon

Hahaha, not even anime-gaf?

There are many mods frequent Anime-gaf. Apparently they don't really enjoy grownups fighting with costumes!

chickdigger802 said:
And anyone else find it hilarious that all the other makai knights dress like hobos vs pimp coat kouga?

He's the motherf*kin Golden Knight who lived in a huge mansion with Alfred, dude deserves a pimp coat!

Edit:
NWxgh.png

Heh.

Wiseblade

Go-Busters

Nice start, the Zord fights are a huge step up from Gokaiger.

Fourze

So are Miu and Shun leaving the show? Or are going to carry on as graduates?

ReiGun

Go-Busters: I love the look and feel of the show. The Budyroids aren't nearly as annoying as I thought they'd be, so that's good.

Fourze: Interesting little twist there wit Cygnus. As for the graduation, I wouldn't care much if Shun and Miu left. Pretty indifferent to them.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
I wonder if the homages in Gobuster was meant as a call-out to Power Rangers, what with anniversary and all that.

vareon

Super Hero Time, plus!

Go-busters

Impressive opening, and I like the fact that they experimented in leaving some of the Sentai conventions (though maybe just because this is the first episode). Not counting much on the CG mech battles since, well, it's just the first episode and all.

Fourze

Cancer's much more active than the other Horoscopes. Does this means he'll leave earlier than others? Also there's a missed opportunity for development between Tomoko-Ryusei/Meteor. I was hoping she would be the only one who knows about Ryusei but keeps silent on it for some reason.

Garo

Kickass fights with nonsense story! This is what I wanted for Garo. The episode was practically all fight. Kinda surprised at so few knew Saejima Kouga.

WillyFive

I wonder if the homages in Gobuster was meant as a call-out to Power Rangers, what with anniversary and all that.

Toei sure loves their anniversaries. Since 2009, we have had two Kamen Rider anniversaries; the Super Sentai anniversary, the Metal Heroes anniversary, and I suppose Power Rangers.

Takao

Banned
Toei sure loves their anniversaries. Since 2009, we have had two Kamen Rider anniversaries; the Super Sentai anniversary, the Metal Heroes anniversary, and I suppose Power Rangers.

Any Anniversary that doesn't include Dragon Ball!

I know Kai premiered during the 25th Anniversary celebrations.

Slayven

I haven't watched the subs, but if the villain has to get power to make monsters, why doesn't he just find a random outlet just to plug the pack into?

Fourze:

I got a big kick out of the new horoscope running things. He's really active and I wonder if that's to mean he'll last longer into the series.

Also I liked how Meteor had a grudge but I didn't like how short his revenge fight was though. It was over in 2 mins tops? The whole time he was amusing himself with cute little goth girl err Tomoko and was like meh the whole time. I do like Meteor's new form look and I hope the build is solid.

Gobusters:

I laughed at morphing time and I laughed at enemy robots being called megazords. I like the premise and yeah I was hating...probably still am. The villain Enter..ugh who thought that name was good.

Slayven

Just saw the Meteor upgrade, beyblade is all I can say.

Akibaranger cast is filling out, nothing but chicks man. And their main weapon is an action figure that turns into a gun.

Anyone else find it a bit odd that their normal 'uniform' looks extremely similar to their ranger suit?

There whole henshiin sequence should just be the helmet at this point xD.

WillyFive

I'm sick and tired of that Edo set.

I know fresh locations are kinda rare in Japan; and they do have a fully built Edo set; but it's so lame.

Why can't they keep using the destroyed city set that Super Sentai usually uses? That one never gets old.

Slayven

I'm sick and tired of that Edo set.

I know fresh locations are kinda rare in Japan; and they do have a fully built Edo set; but it's so lame.

Why can't they keep using the destroyed city set that Super Sentai usually uses? That one never gets old.

I liked the bombed out factory from the Nega Den-o movie.

Takao

Banned
I just realized, it takes Saban less time to shoot an entire season of PR than it takes Linkara to put out a single review video.

Parallax

best seen in the classic "Shadow of the Beast"
I just realized, it takes Saban less time to shoot an entire season of PR than it takes Linkara to put out a single review video.
I want to hear his views on spd and rpm only. I know there's gonna be saban wanking in the others.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
Honestly it's RPM I want to hear him out - it's pretty much predictable on what he'd do on the shows after SPD.

WillyFive

It's neat that they continue to play with the whodunit aspect of Fourze. This past story arc, it was a total red herring; there was absolutely no way to correctly guess who the monster was, since the show outright lied to the viewer.

Wiseblade

It's neat that they continue to play with the whodunit aspect of Fourze. This past story arc, it was a total red herring; there was absolutely no way to correctly guess who the monster was, since the show outright lied to the viewer.

I guessed it. But then I changed my mind when the ballerina girl showed up.

vareon

We never actually see Cygnus alongside that guy, actually. All we see was from his side, so he could be lying. Never thought it was another personality though, and ballerina girl seemed too obvious.

vareon

I guessed the Garo twist when they showed the burned up family tree. But it si funny no one never read it before.

I was actually expecting something outlandish for it--like, he's actually Leo's manifested evil side or something (this is Garo after all). But twins are fine too, I guess.

Slayven

90% sure that w/e they are trying to resurrect will have titties.

Hmmm more random eps splicing for Super Samurai. And it worked out pretty well imo. A lot better work than mmpr s2 =P

It probably will, I like how Kouga can silence a whole building just by holding up his sheath. I wonder if the Mio character was mute or talking cost extra?

Parallax

best seen in the classic "Shadow of the Beast"
i might be jumping the gun here, but after that mini preview of akibaranger, i feel it might be pretty damn awesome.

WillyFive

Yeah, it looks pretty great. The explosions look like they are played back in real time, and not in slow motion; which makes it look more real. The door said "Go-Busters Production Meeting", so it's pretty meta too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom