• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona 2: Innocent Sin release hinted at by Atlus?

creid

Just got the Atlus faithful newsletter, dated the day P2: Innocent Sin was released in Japan. Good news incoming?

cVkKs.jpg

scy

I'm imagining this going over many people's heads, to be honest. Or maybe not since it does kind of stand out.

"Absolutely no new games releasing today in Japan" made me laugh though.

=HERO=

Neo Member
The whole newsletter is funny, with a "fan editorial" on Which is Better?: Playstation or Nintendo 64, and news pieces on Ogre Battle 64 and Tail Concerto.

And really, "Looks like there really isn't anything new out in Japan to talk about"...what else can it be?

Actually, the wiki page has it releasing as the 24th, but I can't see the source for that. It still can only apply to P2.

Yeah, just got this and thought the same thing.

Day one.

"Last time, we asked you, "Is there anything you regret that you wish you could go back and redo?"

hahaha.

graywolf323

Gold Member
hosannainexcelsis said:
Ooooh, I get it now. I was completely baffled as to what this email could mean, but it seems like good news! Clever, Atlus, clever.

same, I was sure there had to be a reason I just didn't know what it was

Volcynika

rainking187 said:
Everyone seems to know what they're hinting at, are they really going to hold off officially announcing it for another three weeks?

They could, but they'll probably do some sort of "unveiling" of it at E3, if anything. Like announce it and say "you'll first see it at our E3 booth." Or whatever.

=HERO=

Neo Member
shidoshi said:
Gotta love Atlus and the effort they put into things like this.
Totally, all this effort just to insert a joke about "oooh, there's nothing coming out the week of June 23 1999, of course not!"

creid

Quick - some tiny website needs to ask Atlus if they're releasing this, so they can say they have "No plans." The internet can freak out about/misunderstand it, and Atlus will have to quickly follow up with a real announcement. Just like with Catherine!

Danny Dudekisser

I paid good money for this Dynex!
I dont think anyone's surprised it's coming out... I can't wait. This is honestly my most anticipated rpg for the foreseeable future.

DiscoJer

rainking187 said:
Kind of weird they're teasing it now, I figured this would be an E3 announcement.

Would it really make sense to announce a PSP game at E3? It would likely get lost in the coverage of everything else...

graywolf323

Gold Member
DiscoJer said:
Would it really make sense to announce a PSP game at E3? It would likely get lost in the coverage of everything else...

pretty much anything Atlus would announce is going to get "lost" in the coverage of everything else

Augemitbutter said:
to whoever came up with that newsletter. you guys better buy this game, it's seriously awesome.

I'll buy it day 1 on PSN

Vamphuntr

Let the grinding for tarot cards and personas' rank begins
again

Even though I beat the game with the fan translation, I think I will buy this only to support Atlus.

<3<3 Ginko and Michelle!

Glix

Ha, there aren't enough trollfaces in the world for that Star Wars review.

"Our staff's favorite part was the 12 minute podrace" - Haha not funny. Seeing that movie is the lowest I've ever felt in my life.

Vamphuntr

cj_iwakura said:
Let's get down to brass tacks, people.

Michel or Michelle? There's only one correct answer.

Even though Michelle is a name for a girl, I think it fits better for him. Lisa will also be able to call him out on that in the US release :) .

Fimbulvetr said:
No. The writing is generally better than P3 and P4 as well.

agreed. P3 and P4 prove that character development and personality can happen to a fault.

though the gameplay in P1 and both P2 games is too outdated for me to enjoy.

Top Bottom