• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fishing Resort new trailer [Wii/XSEED/Prope] - open-world fishing

adroit

Philia

Hey guys. Looks like an ambitious player went inside the meat of the Fishing Resort disc and found all of these installed fish and their passwords. :) H.Protagonist has been notified about this.

Input these at your risk, you'll be encountering a lot more trouble getting the other fish you want if you have these guys nibbling the bait selfishly too. Remember Electric Eel at Mangrove Pool? :)

Either one of these are for the Napoleon Fish, Rock Bass, and Porcupine Fish.
sjkltl409
39kdjrqp
g34nvg9xw2

pghx189hz is the Coelacanth - Safir Cave
typrqtyb3 is the Electric Eel - Panas Jungle's Mangrove
hd2k49nsx is the Sailfish
32g89pnh5 is the Threespot Dascylus - Teman Beach
gjkl3902d is the Chain Pike - Kanan Lake
wy2vx773h is the Largehead Hairtail
ksjkpw240 is the Alaska Pollock
mck245h6h is the Flying Fish
hpsprkhsw is the Shortnose Gar - Dua Ribu Lake

The flipside about these passwords is that you don't really need wifi other than for online tournaments.

Forums are back! :D

Google now says "This site may be compromised" if you Google "XSEED games". When I clicked the forums link it redirected me to a Canadian pharmaceuticals web site. Ouch.

We're selling pharmaceutical 'supplements' to supplement our income. Yesiree...
We're not.
;_;

Oh, had no idea. It's $30 for accessory and all?

:D Tempted? C'mon, you know you're tempted.

Did you know that if you press button 1 while you look at a fish in your fish book, the fish become animated.

Try sitting down on the chairs at the beach too. Just sit and wait, and look at the clouds. Look very closely...

Hey guys. Looks like an ambitious player went inside the meat of the Fishing Resort disc and found all of these installed fish and their passwords. :) H.Protagonist has been notified about this.

Input these at your risk, you'll be encountering a lot more trouble getting the other fish you want if you have these guys nibbling the bait selfishly too. Remember Electric Eel at Mangrove Pool? :)

Either one of these are for the Napoleon Fish, Rock Bass, and Porcupine Fish.
sjkltl409
39kdjrqp
g34nvg9xw2

pghx189hz is the Coelacanth - Safir Cave
typrqtyb3 is the Electric Eel - Panas Jungle's Mangrove
hd2k49nsx is the Sailfish
32g89pnh5 is the Threespot Dascylus - Teman Beach
gjkl3902d is the Chain Pike - Kanan Lake
wy2vx773h is the Largehead Hairtail
ksjkpw240 is the Alaska Pollock
mck245h6h is the Flying Fish
hpsprkhsw is the Shortnose Gar - Dua Ribu Lake

The flipside about these passwords is that you don't really need wifi other than for online tournaments.

Haha. Go wild, guys, but at your own risk. Who knows what will happen if you input Wi-Fi fish. Fishapocalypse probably.

Philia

What those code does?

They add type of fish?

Yeah, if you looked earlier in the thread you'd notice that H.Protagonist had posted a couple of images with codes on them. However they were straight from Prope though. So in a way, this is cheating by getting all of the special fish right away. The only thing so far I've seen that is impacted by doing this is your First Catch Fish total will still remain the same.

Philia

thanks to this thread I want to buy this.

is the controller cool?

is it worth it or should I just go standard?

Dude, 30 dollars with the attachment is not going to rob you of hundreds of hours of FUN. Its totally playable without. Finding a stand alone 20 dollar copy is gonna be even more rare than the box itself. This is a small shipment in a small select group of stores man. Keep an eye out for it!

Afrikan

I wanted to buy this for my ex girlfriend's birthday, but couldn't find it...so I panicked and bought GoVacation....needless to say we got into an argument and she tried to call my bluff about taking the game back....which I did.

first chance I can find Fishing Resort around here, I'm getting it......I just need to get a new girl who has a Wii.

I wanted to buy this for my ex girlfriend's birthday, but couldn't find it...so I panicked and bought GoVacation....needless to say we got into an argument and she tried to call my bluff about taking the game back....which I did.

first chance I can find Fishing Resort around here, I'm getting it......I just need to get a new girl who has a Wii.

Wait, what?

Zarovitch

thanks to this thread I want to buy this.

is the controller cool?

is it worth it or should I just go standard?

I just have the standard and it's work well.

But when you see it, with controller or not, buy it.
It's the best fishing games i ever play.

Ok thanks Philia, i think i'll wait to catch more fish before trying those code.

DoubleTap

Bought the bundle and am thoroughly enjoying this and I'm not even that deep into the game yet.

Although you really don't need the attachment it really does add to the immersion. Plus there are the advantages of being able to hold it in one hand and having tactile control of your reeling motion.

It's a game for when you want to take a break from playing games.

Philia

I thought so too but...

Ip1zw.jpg

My sweetie now tells me that I need games to take break from Fishing Resort lmao!

Bought the bundle and am thoroughly enjoying this and I'm not even that deep into the game yet.

Although you really don't need the attachment it really does add to the immersion. Plus there are the advantages of being able to hold it in one hand and having tactile control of your reeling motion.

Hurray! Always happy to hear of new Fishing Resort addicts, I mean... players. :) Have you gotten much farther since? Philia could use a challenger, though I'm not sure anyone can catch her now.

I thought so too but...

Ip1zw.jpg

My sweetie now tells me that I need games to take break from Fishing Resort lmao!

Did you max out every possible thing, Philia? No breaks until you do!

Philia

LOL naw. Otherwise it'd be obvious on my avatar card there.

If you S ranked every fish, there's a upgrade of the card of sorts. No one has gotten this far yet. I've only S ranked 180 fish out of 203 total.

If you platinum'ed every activity, you get gold olive branches adorning your avatar's photo. Someone else had gotten this. :)

Zarovitch

I have buy two more fishing resort, one for a gift, the other for one of my friend.
My friend and his son are hook. "Cannot be more happy with the game" he tell me.

Seanspeed

Banned
God I'm a sucker for anything 'open world'. I dont care about fishing at all, I care about fishing games even less, yet the idea that this is an 'open-world fishing game' makes me want it. lol

I have buy two more fishing resort, one for a gift, the other for one of my friend.
My friend and his son are hook. "Cannot be more happy with the game" he tell me.

Awwww, Zarovitch, you're awesome! Thanks. ^_^ I'm glad they're enjoying it. You definitely get a lot of bang for your buck.

God I'm a sucker for anything 'open world'. I dont care about fishing at all, I care about fishing games even less, yet the idea that this is an 'open-world fishing game' makes me want it. lol

It's pretty damn fun and VERY relaxing. I'd never played any fishing games either (hell, I don't even own a Wii or anything), but working on this title was one of the most stress-free experiences I've had with our games. I happily dropped 100+ hours in it over the course of evaluation and QA... >_>

Seanspeed

Banned
It's pretty damn fun and VERY relaxing. I'd never played any fishing games either (hell, I don't even own a Wii or anything), but working on this title was one of the most stress-free experiences I've had with our games. I happily dropped 100+ hours in it over the course of evaluation and QA... >_>
I'm buying a Wii next month when Xenoblade comes out and I wanted a few of the casual Wii games too, and I think will have to be one of them.

Got it, played for a couple hours. I'm hooked (hurrrr)

although I should have made a female character as they are usually more fun to dress up in games. Maybe I'll restart before I get too far into it.

Is there an OT or is this basically it

Fish Get! XD

FINALLY found one at a Toys R Us where I happened to be around in, they only had the bundle.

Strangely, there was no circle sticker to seal the openings, so you could open the box and take anything out. I had the guy scan the standalone copy, and it didn't show up on the system.

I haven't tried the game yet, my time will be devoted to Xenoblade (which is, to put it simply, AWESOME). But I wanted to let H.Protagonist know that I wanted to do, and did, my part. :)

Oh and, get Naka or Kadokawa on the phone about Rodea, thank you. XD

And I'm surprised that the game is still on the charts in Japan, certainly blew Naka's other recent games out of the water.

Played a few minutes so far and it's neater than I thought it'd be! The rod was a great idea as it'd be disorienting to do the reeling out of thin air. And was Motion Plus in the JP version? Why was there not a M+ icon on the box? Maybe to not make people think they had to own one?

So I was looking at the credits and searched the names from allgame and to my disappointment, so far, the only two Sega folks are Naka, and Tomohiko Aita (Chief Planner), who worked on Samba and Chu Chu Rocket. Haven't checked grunt folks, just the senior ones.

http://www.allgame.com/game.php?id=76551&tab=credits

A lot of folks are from Namco Bandai, makes sense as the game was commissioned by Bandai to begin with.

Honestly this makes it far more a Namco Bandai game than a Prope one, most of the folks seem to be from all over the place, to having no listings at all on MobyGames.

I thought Naka took like 10 Sega folks with him to Prope, I guess most of them left?

Looks like Arzest is the major Sega Jr. these days, as they ditched Artoon after they were absorbed by AQI it seems. Including Ohshima himself, also founder of Artoon.

Arzest still has keys players from Sonic Team and Team Andromeda.

Prope to me as a sort of identity crisis. One man does not a team make. All I ever hear is about Naka, and of course that's justified, but him being top dog would've made any think it was a rather decent sized Sega-exodus team, apparently not.

larvi

Amazon has both the stand alone and controller bundle in stock. I got this as a Gamefly rental to try out and liked it so I just ordered the bundle version. Does the controller work with any other Wii fishing games?

@MUWANdo

Banned
Amazon has both the stand alone and controller bundle in stock. I got this as a Gamefly rental to try out and liked it so I just ordered the bundle version. Does the controller work with any other Wii fishing games?

I'm sure it would, but there aren't any other fishing games on Wii worth owning (aside from Sega Bass Fishing, I guess).

mbmonk

I just bought the bundle off Amazon. I don't have motion plus though. How important is it to have? Is it worth the extra cost to pickup a motion plus if I would only use it for this game?

Thanks to GAF for word of mouth on this. I am excited to get the game in my hands. :)

dokish

Banned
I thought so too but...

Ip1zw.jpg

Holy shit.

Can you change your character model once you create a profile?

I just started this game, saw it on a Wii recommendation thread. The graphics in those images are pretty good, because the game is kinda ugly on my TV. But that's ok, I don't mind.

I'm in LOOOVE already with the game, although I only played for a few minutes... Its Saturday night and my battery just died. Fuuu-

I saw you have tons of other island to explore, right? I love these infinite replay value games.

(bump because I didn't saw a OT)

Top Bottom