• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bridge Freezes Before Road Surface

Status
Not open for further replies.

ItAintEasyBeinCheesy

it's 4th of July in my asshole
Warmth in the earth means road stays unfrozen, bridge danglin in the air, freezes faster cause of no warth, wind etc......... maybe, i dunno, i live in QLD in Aus, nothing gonna freeze here. :lol

NJ Shlice

ItAintEasyBeinCheesy said:
Warmth in the earth means road stays unfrozen, bridge danglin in the air, freezes faster cause of no warth, wind etc......... maybe, i dunno, i live in QLD in Aus, nothing gonna freeze here. :lol

So in other words the sign would read "The bridge will freeze before the road will freeze."

Interesting.

Suikoguy

I whinny my fervor lowly, for his length is not as great as those of the Hylian war stallions
NJ x Falkor said:
So in other words the sign would read "The bridge will freeze before the road will freeze."

Interesting.

Yeah, but that's a lot of words for a sign :D

it's a warning.

the surface on normal land before the bridge may not be frozen, but the surface of the bridge might be, since it freezes faster.

Goreomedy

Console Market Analyst
It means the bridge did a double take and froze up at the first sight of the Road Surface, all to the jazzy strains of Etta James' "At Last...".

It's a warning. It means the surface on normal land before the bridge may not be frozen, but the surface of the bridge might be, since it freezes faster.

NJ x Falkor said:
I see these street signs all over the place.

What does it mean?

People ask this very question when they fly off the bridge or land in a ditch or snowbank...kinda like the "Caramilk" secret...

ItAintEasyBeinCheesy

it's 4th of July in my asshole
StoOgE said:
... how could you not figure out what that means.

reconAvy3.png

jks :lol i would be a bit beffudled as well only cause i live in the tropics......

Suikoguy

I whinny my fervor lowly, for his length is not as great as those of the Hylian war stallions
What does the sign

"No Engine Break"

mean?

Gattsu25

Banned
The sign is a warning sign. It's a warning that the surface of the bridge will freeze faster than the surface of the road before the bridge.

This means that if you will need to reduce your speed, doing so before you reach the bridge is better than waiting until you are already on the bridge.

Phobophile

A scientist and gentleman in the manner of Batman.
It's a thermodynamics issue. The cold air flowing beneath the bridge will cool it due to convection. So though it may not be icy on the roads or on solid ground, it may be on a bridge.

It's a trigger code for sleeper agents. You can tell who they are because they reflexively tap their brakes as the code takes effect. If you see someone do that, TURN THE FUCKING CAR AROUND IMMEDIATELY.

Crushed

Fry Daddy
It means that the surface of the road will freeze before the surface of the bridge, so if the road is unfrozen then you're A-OK to speed over the bridge.

...Wait.

Stinkles

Clothed, sober, cooperative
I can see why folks would confuse bridge surface with road surface, but it gets the idea across. This bridge is dangerous.

Suikoguy said:
What does the sign

"No Engine Break"

mean?
I think that is directed towards semi-trucks. An engine break (Jake Break?) is very loud, so I think you usually see those signs near residential areas.

EDT: Oh wait, beaten. Oh well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom