• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ubisoft: Rainbow Six: Patriots still in development, "a good chance" it's next-gen

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
It seems we're at the part of the generation where a delay in your title means it's probably getting delayed across generations (or at least releasing on both).

Polygon said:
Little has been said about the upcoming Rainbow 6: Patriots anti-terrorism shooter since word came that three of the top developers had left the team in March, but Ubisoft's CEO tells Polygon that the game is still in development and could be headed for a next-gen release.

"The only thing I can say is that we have a good team working on it, and it's really looking good," Ubisoft chairman and CEO Yves Guillemot told Polygon. "So when it will come, it will surprise the industry."

When asked if the game will be a next generation title, Guillemot said he couldn't confirm that but "there's a good chance it can be."

Source: http://www.polygon.com/2012/11/12/3...gen?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
When asked if the game will be a next generation title, Guillemot said he couldn't confirm that but "there's a good chance it can be."

WiiU version confirmed - Play as your Mii.

SJRB

Gold Member
"could be headed to next-gen"

It either will, or it won't. Stop with the pseudo-secrecy already videogame industry. Goddamnit.

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free

It either will, or it won't. Stop with the pseudo-secrecy already videogame industry. Goddamnit.

They are teasing it - maybe for MS or Sony to approach them to get an exclusive on the "next-gen" version. Its all business.

gofreak

GAF's Bob Woodward

, Guillemot said he couldn't confirm that but "there's a good chance it can be." => cross-generational game, methinks.

TCRS

Banned
After the Ghost Recon and Splinter Cell clusterfucks: Ubisoft stahp. Do not want. Don't ruin Rainbow Six. Please!

Vegas is a great game, I devoured the multiplayer too even if it was hardly content heavy.

The game is very hit and miss on the technical side though which is a shame.

He said next-gen.

tumblr_m4vil5J6uA1qj3ir1.gif

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything
I thought they made it very clear that it was 100% pre-vis/proof-of-concept?

Yes, they did... I'm just saying. Their proof of concept stuff, to put it politely, is pushing the boundaries of credibility.

Especially after the last RB6 game...

Raide

At this point making it like Old-School R:6 will be fresh and new to the majority of people that played Rainbow 6 Vegas. Bring back the stealth planning yo!

Normally this wouldnt even be a joke, but Ubisoft is one of the few big Publishers who even considers it as a legitimate Next-Gen console.

Well whether you consider it next gen or not, the WiiU isn't that much stronger than the PS3 and 360. So if they would release it for that I don't see why they wouldn't scale it down a little and just release it on the PS3 and 360 where it would get more sales.

HEAVY R6: PATRIOTS SPOILERS (NEW LEAK)

In the end you shoot Osama Bin Laden and fly back to USA with a DC9 shaped like a bald eagle.

I figured it'd be a next gen title when splinter cell got announced and a release date before this, I believe next time we see R6 it'll look much different than that trailer we saw.

I think it'll be out within he first year of next gen.

Raide

Hell, I would happily play a Kinect version if you could use it to plan your strategies before you jump in, then use Pad + Voice commands to get things done. The Xbox version was great fun.

Ubisoft's main issue is they keep making all their franchises feel like they are the same thing. GR, SC and R6 all felt way too similar, mainly due to them using the same tech over and over.

chris121580

Black Arrow was so great and both Vegas versions. Does anyone know if Rainbow Six Vegas 2 still has a strong online following? Was thinking of picking it up again

szaromir

Banned
Tom Clancy's franchise has become so homogenized... Back in 2002 all Splinter Cell, Rainbow Six and Ghost Recon had very distinct feeling to them while obviously all where political/military fiction. Nowadays they all have cover system, mark & execute and are very action-oriented.

Sethos

Banned
How many backup pistols does one wanker need?

Enough to draw them both towards the end, shoot his teammates in some sweet dual wield action while the music goes BZZZZZBUMBUMBUM and cuts to Edith Piaf, explosions going off and there's lots of slowmotion, one guy yelling "NOOOOO JIM, HOW COULD YOU MAAAAN!" then you discover the big story twist was YOU ARE THE TRAITOR! Bshhhhhh cut to black screen.

IGN gives it 9/10.

Red glowing lights on the back and arms? Ughh. Why? Stuff like this wasn't "cool" in Splinter Cell, and it certainly isn't in a Rainbow Six game, it's just cringeworthy.

Dead Man

Enough to draw them both towards the end, shoot his teammates in some sweet dual wield action while the music goes BZZZZZBUMBUMBUM and cuts to Edith Piaf, explosions going off and there's lots of slowmotion, one guy yelling "NOOOOO JIM, HOW COULD YOU MAAAAN!" then you discover the big story twist was YOU ARE THE TRAITOR! Bshhhhhh cut to black screen.

IGN gives it 9/10.
LOL, probably true too.
Next gen allows for more guns.

And people say it is only going to be higher res. ;)

Top Bottom