• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rhythm Tengoku Arcade Version

creamsugar

AKA: Rhythm Heaven
One of the best GBA games

GBA Site
http://www.nintendo.co.jp/n08/brij/index.html

ARC Site
http://rhythm-tengoku.sega.jp/

117885626101.jpg

Cmagus

Too bad we don't get stuff like this here.This game is awesome I already imported it but it would be awesome if they would bring it here and just leave it as is, leave the 3 Japanese songs in and there is very little to translate.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
So glad I bought this recently. Don't know why I kept putting it off.

Looks like it supports two players.

lobdale

3 ft, coiled to the sky
Wii Ware conversion = possibility? SEGA meaning it's running on Triforce board?

Would be sweets!

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
Hmm...this game better be really loud since the sound cues are very important

Sega is involved with this?

Mama Smurf

My penis is still intact.
I have a degree of hope that games like these, which Nintendo doesn't want to localise for some reason, will show up as original VC games when they start doing that.

A small degree.

Shikamaru Ninja

任天堂 の 忍者
I had a feeling that a Rhythm Tengoku project was still in existance at Nintendo. Yoshio Sakamoto better port this to Wii (16:9 this time please) and finish Metroid Dread already :(

zigg

Wario64 said:
Sega is involved with this?

Yeah, check out the very top of the arcade machine. I hadn't noticed it either till now. Clearly Brandon's eyes are superior to mine!

ziran

Rhythm Tengoku's awesome! Interesting seeing it going to arcade, it's a natural fit, in the Taiko no Tatsujin, DDR vein.

Hope we see a DS and/or Wii version :)

sc0la

Unconfirmed Member
and there still is not a US version of the GBA game? :(

This machine should have a vending machine at the bottom that you can buy a DSL and the game out of =P

Shikamaru Ninja

任天堂 の 忍者
Nintendo should have done a Pokemon Stadium for the arcades with GBC/GBA transfer pak. That would have been big!!

Smash Bros too.... :)

tanasten

glad to heard people isn't stupid anymore
A Wii version is likely. Sure, the arcade will make use of the Triforce.

Or so I hope. Just remember that Mario Kart Arcade got lost into... the arcade.

Shikamaru Ninja said:
Nintendo should have done a Pokemon Stadium for the arcades with GBC/GBA transfer pak. That would have been big!!

Smash Bros too.... :)

Yeah yeah. That would do a lot of money on the arcades.

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
HOLY SHIT I WANT.

Datschge

lol @ the huge size GB button layout of the arcade version :lol (I'm sure it works fine for the game though)

Now the arts looks vectorised like all Wario Ware games with Intelligent Systems involvement...

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
I just hope the sound is mega improved this time. The GBA version actually had some awesome music and very catchy

Drakken

Someone who knows Japanese could give us a better idea of what this article says, but going by a Google translation, it sounds like there will be some new stuff. Specifically:

"With 1 human play modes tempo of the rhythm keeps raising, adding “extra” stage. You say that it can enjoy anew even with the user which plays game boy advance edition."

"In arcade edition 2 human simultaneous plays which is not game boy advance edition anew recording."

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
I don`t get how this is going to be feasible in an actual arcade without headphone jacks. Getting a feel for the music as well as the visuals is what really makes the game such a riot to play.

If they include headphone jacks, I`m so there.

linsivvi

thetrin said:
I don`t get how this is going to be feasible in an actual arcade without headphone jacks. Getting a feel for the music as well as the visuals is what really makes the game such a riot to play.

If they include headphone jacks, I`m so there.

Just like how it works for the thousands of arcade music games out there.

mutsu

With arcade centers as noisy as hell, and with this game highly dependent on music and rhythm.... I just don't see how I can play this game well in the arcades.

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
Rhythm Tengoku is not the same as Bemani games and such. You need a combination of audio and visual cues to play Rhythm Tengoku since there's no "note chart"

linsivvi

Wario64 said:
Rhythm Tengoku is not the same as Bemani games and such. You need a combination of audio and visual cues to play Rhythm Tengoku since there's no "note chart"

True, though not being able to hear the music clearly hurt the experience for music games in general. That's why I tend to pick arcades where they set the volume for music games higher or put them in a separate section. Anyway, they should include a headphone jack in the machine, just like some Bemani and other various music games.

cae

OMG. Wii port please, DS sequel please, I WANT IT ALL NOW. Just erased my save and started perfecting the game all over. It's THAT good.

Top Bottom