• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

@Xbox and @XboxSupport Twitter Hacked

Moa

E0Z3pg6.png

ax2CkTc.png

welp. Don't click any links.

Garou

Syrian Electronic Army sounds like some Middle-East Geek-Squad that helps you set up your TV.

Moa

From what I see it's only the @XboxSupport account, not the @Xbox account.

The tweet that Xbox Support sent out mentions @Official_SEA16, which has a picture on their Twitter, showing them with access on a mobile device on the @Xbox Twitter.

Easily faked? Probably, but considering they are on @XboxSupport right now, it could be absolutely real.

NJDEN

I feel like this is a pretty frequent thing...

Not nesc just Xbox, but also other popular Twitter accounts that pertain to gamers hacked by SEA

Ponn

Banned
I dont get the point, no one took it seriously anyways. Hack Shia's twitter account. Hes not using it anymore.

Chariot

The scary thing is: we don't know where the hacked messages begin. Is it Microsoft that wants us to play Farcry or is it a secret plot of the SEA!?

The tweet that Xbox Support sent out mentions @Official_SEA16, which has a picture on their Twitter, showing them with access on a mobile device on the @Xbox Twitter.

Easily faked? Probably, but considering they are on @XboxSupport right now, it could be absolutely real.
Sorry yes, I just thought it was odd they had not just tweeted from @Xbox.

And yes, looks to be recovered now.

NeoGash

So, are these guys freedom fighters? Lol. I don't get it, what does this accomplish? It's like criminals bragging about the crimes they have committed, and one especially retarded guy says "I threw a piece of rubbish on the ground before. It was in broad daylight too." I'm confused, like what is the point?

So, are these guys freedom fighters? Lol. I don't get it, what does this accomplish? It's like criminals bragging about the crimes they have committed, and one especially retarded guy says "I threw a piece of rubbish on the ground before. It was in broad daylight too." I'm confused, like what is the point?

Attention.

Really, taking over a support account? What could they have possibly ever hoped to accomplish other than sending out messages for "We have determined that your account is broken and need your user/password" Not only that, but it looks like the account was back under control pretty fast. They really just wasted their time.

plake

Embarrasing. How could MS let this go on for hours without resetting their credentials or contacting Twitter directly?

Hedja

"Hacked" as in "guessed the password" I guess. With things like LastPass and 2FA, you'd think Microsoft would have a decent password.

Is it really that easy to hack twitter accounts. I see stories every couple of weeks of some twitter account hacked and hilarity ensuing.

But damn... And LOL@ Syrian Electronic Army, sounds like some pro-regime group, but what the heck are they doing hacking Xbox twitter accounts ?

CONFIRMED: Kaz allied with Bashar.

Top Bottom