• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Game of Thrones |OT| The offseason thread - Season 3 returns March 31st

Status
Not open for further replies.

apana

Someone can have my Dany Avatar if they like. I've always loved this picture of her:

1335942938_daenerys_by_sharandula-d4vbxr0.png

ib2l4ElU2tolUF.png

I'm excited for this season. I think it will be truly epic stuff, but then again I was hyped for season 2 and it kind of let me down.

edit: some anime stuff

tumblr_m68tfxamEy1rohuy3o1_500.jpg

scosher

I hate hate hate the (rumored) Ramsay casting. First time I've felt let down by the casting in GoT. However, I hope I'm wrong and their guy doesn't just do a reprise of his Misfits role (noting that season 1 is the only one I've seen).

Simon in Misfits was pretty multi-layered, which you don't really get to see until S2 and 3. And although his character would be COMPLETELY different from Ramsay, Iwan Rheon definitely proved that he can act on Misfits. That's the most important part, so I'm in favor of the casting.

That is, if "boy" is confirmed to be Ramsay.

LAUGHTREY

Modesty becomes a woman
has it been confirmed that (ASOS)
the same actor that played Barristan Selmy in S1 will be returning for season 3/4
? I really hope so.

It's one of the cool things in the books is that everything is from the characters POV, so being able to see him and know who he is and how they work around it will be cool.

Most likely probably just reveal who he is immediately though.

MNC

Been looking all over the place for this thread.

Season 3 has to be amazing. IT HAS TO BE. Just like the book(s). Yes, just like the books... I'm putting off reading AFFC just because ASOS was so good and I don't want to bathe in the experience some more.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
It's one of the cool things in the books is that everything is from the characters POV, so being able to see him and know who he is and how they work around it will be cool.

Most likely probably just reveal who he is immediately though.

My assumption is that they just won't say anything but won't make any serious attempt to really disguise him physically; as long as its apparent that Dany and Mormont don't recognize him, it works just as well.

MNC

ASOS
Just give him a good long beard and a cloak and nobody will recognize him. I don't think people pay that much attention to Barristan Selmy. Atleast, whenever I'm reading, my mind goes to 0 and I don't speculate that much so often when something happens it comes at a complete surprise for me. Same for tv shows.

ASOS
Just give him a good long beard and a cloak and nobody will recognize him. I don't think people pay that much attention to Barristan Selmy. Atleast, whenever I'm reading, my mind goes to 0 and I don't speculate that much so often when something happens it comes at a complete surprise for me. Same for tv shows.

ASOS
Probably would still be able to recognize him from hearing his voice though

zethren

Banned
Can't wait. I need GOT back in my life.

I should really finish the novels, as well. But I actually don't want to get ahead of the progress of the show, as I love watching it unfold.

Great OT.

MNC

People that have read the books and also watched the show: Do you visualize the show people in the books? I can't help it, but I do. Except for unknown characters/recently announced characters.

Creamium

shut uuuuuuuuuuuuuuup
People that have read the books and also watched the show: Do you visualize the show people in the books? I can't help it, but I do. Except for unknown characters/recently announced characters.

For some I do, some I don't. I can't un-see the show version of Arya, Bronn, Sam and Jorah for example. Same with Tyrion, Joff, Varys, Ygritte, and to my surprise, also Barristan Selmy. He's described a bit differently in the book, but I always picture the show version now. Must've left a bigger impression than I thought.

Other strong candidates: Jaime, Jaqen and Robert

I cling to 'my version' for : Davos, Stannis, Mel, Jon, Cersei, Dany, Littlefinger and (biggest change) Renly and Roose Bolton. These two appear completely different in my mind, and I'd guess for others as well.

Maybe his acting will convince me otherwise, but the guy I see on screen is a far cry of what I picture Roose to be. The only casting choice that has disappointed me so far.

Yager

Banned

Same here, but for some I add some minor changes , like being a little younger, no beard, bigger breasts, things like that.

cj_iwakura

[ASOS]
I hope it doesn't happen at the end. I really want to see how they do Lady Stoneheart.

[ASOS]
I believe the rumor that Ep7 is TRW, and Stoneheart appears at the end of the season.

Can't wait for the Queen of Thorns. I can picture Mrs. Baratheon played as a psycho religious fundamentalist looking at her actress, and it'll be perfect.

No cast for the Boltons yet?

ASOS
Probably would still be able to recognize him from hearing his voice though
ASOS
I don't think that's an issue though. It will actually create some small tension as the audience will realize who he is, and will wonder if and when she'll find out and what she'll do when she does.
Yes, definitely do that, especially all the characters that appeared in the first season because I watched season 1 before I read any of the books.
[ASOS]
I believe the rumor that Ep7 is TRW, and Stoneheart appears at the end of the season.

ASOS
Confirmed by GRRM that Ep 7 does not have the RW in it.

apana

Most of the time, it doesn't stay constant for me, but I would say the television version is usually the default since I started with the show. There are certain characters that always stay the same though. I think it's hard for me to dream up different versions of Sansa, Bran, Arya. Cersei and Dany change around a lot in my head, especially Cersei. They are described as the most beautiful women in the world and it is hard for anyone to capture that. I like the image I just posted for Dany. Ned Stark will always be Sean Bean. All the Starks are from the show. I may be the only one but sometimes I see it as an animated show in my head, that is probably due to all the artwork out there.

Lirlond

How very in time!

Erm... The name (GOT-ASOS?)
Lady Stoneheart
doesn't appear in ASOS, does it? Who is it? I think I forgot :/

ASOS:
Lady stoneheart doesn't show up in ASOS

AFFC:
She shows up as the leader of outlaws in AFFC

Necrovex

Someone can have my Dany Avatar if they like. I've always loved this picture of her:

ib2l4ElU2tolUF.png

I'm excited for this season. I think it will be truly epic stuff, but then again I was hyped for season 2 and it kind of let me down.

Awesome picture, thus claimed. Thanks, bro.

For some characters, yes. The younger characters, besides Jon, I see in their TV form. When "stuff" happens to Dany, I have to see her as an older character.

Does anybody live in Mississauga Ontario. I've been try as hard as fuck to get a copy of the first season on Blu Ray. None of the stores have it and I dont wanna order online

Michelle MacLaren will be directing episodes 7 and 8.

Thanks to a head’s up from Maureen Ryan of the Huffington Post, we now know that director Michelle MacLaren—who’s won plaudits, and well-deserved ones, for her work as a producer and director on Breaking Bad—will be directing episodes 7 and 8 of the third season of Game of Thrones, and she’ll start lensing the series “soon”.

For those who may not recall, episode 7 is of particular interest since it’s George R.R. Martin‘s script contribution for the season, and we know the name of that episode already: “Autumn Storms”.

That means we now know the majority of what directors are directing which episodes, with Daniel Minahan directing episodes 1 and 2 and Nutter directing episodes 9 and 10. That leaves the episodes directed by Alik Sakharov, Alex Graves, and executive producers David Benioff & Dan Weiss up in the air. We do know Benioff and Weiss are directing only one episode, so that means either Sakharov or Graves is tackling two episodes.

Having finished ASOS, I can't wait for the scene where (ASOS)
Tywin verbally smacks down Cersei, telling her she will remarry and pop out more Lannisters. Charles Dance is going to absolutely kill that scene.

For those who may not recall, episode 7 is of particular interest since it’s George R.R. Martin‘s script contribution for the season, and we know the name of that episode already: “Autumn Storms”.

I hope this is the start of the storm, that segment of the book is one of the clearest in my head, I loved it.

Roders5

Iwata een bom zal droppen
I couldn't believe my luck last night, I was driving up the road where I live in Belfast and I stop to let this guy walk across. Turns out it's Peter Dinklage, so I jump out of my car & ask him for a photo. He said no problem and we had a quick chat, he's over here filming season 3 obviously. Only famous person I've ever met and just happens to be one of my favourite actors from my favourite series.

I couldn't believe my luck last night, I was driving up the road where I live in Belfast and I stop to let this guy walk across. Turns out it's Peter Dinklage, so I jump out of my car & ask him for a photo. He said no problem and we had a quick chat, he's over here filming season 3 obviously. Only famous person I've ever met and just happens to be one of my favourite actors from my favourite series.

*swoon*

Davey Cakes

I'm only three episodes into Season 2 but I'm enjoying it so far. Season 1 was pretty amazing (I just finished it days ago) so I guess S2 has a lot to live up to, but as soon as I go into this thread I see posts like "Season 2 was garbage" and the like. I hate when that happens.

Seems pretty good so far. Where does it go wrong for people? I'm just as invested in the story as ever.

Also, Peter Dinklage continues to be my favorite thing about the show.

(I haven't read and probably won't read the books)

I'm only three episodes into Season 2 but I'm enjoying it so far. Season 1 was pretty amazing (I just finished it days ago) so I guess S2 has a lot to live up to, but as soon as I go into this thread I see posts like "Season 2 was garbage" and the like. I hate when that happens.

Seems pretty good so far. Where does it go wrong for people? I'm just as invested in the story as ever.

Also, Peter Dinklage continues to be my favorite thing about the show.

(I haven't read and probably won't read the books)

This is why. You don't have those expectations. It seems to have soured a lot of the book fans. But the show is great when you don't try to compare and just watch it for the fun entertaining show it is.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom