• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy Series development status

Is X still slated for PS3 only?

If they are making all this effort for it, would have hoped they would get it working on the PS4 too.

Square makes me sad. The people that gave me Final Fantasy tactics, and Final Fantasy 12, have become such a joke.

Square really really makes me sad.

so where is versus

pP0d3it.gif

Datrio

I found the FF8 PC inclusion amusing.

I wonder does that mean they're remaking some stuff in the re-release, or they just wanted some more hype. I mean the main work should be to change some configuration options for the game, make it compatible with new systems and add squall saves, achievements, etc. I know that's still some work, but it should be way easier to do compared to porting FFX/X-2 to a system with a different architecture.

Kyon

Banned
Death @ having to develop a PC port of a PSX game. Seriously the mess and incompetence.

EDIT: Oh forgot about that Aeana RIP

kayos90

Tragic victim of fan death
K. My new predictions. FFXHD is coming out November. October is ideal but I'm not sure if they'll make it in time. We'll have to see. LR? lol.

This also could bring up the possibility that FFXHD for the Vita will release first and FFX-2 HD will release sometime later alongside the double packaged version for the PS3. This is a possibility considering the percentage they have done. That way they meet the 2013 deadline. Who knows.

X and X-2 are PS3 + Vita.

I hope they decide to release it on the PS4 also. Can't see it selling all that well on a platform in its eleventh hour (atleast not well enough in comparison to how long its been in development).. Making it available on the PS4 from launch would surely give them a reliable revenue stream over the next few years (particularly if there is a gap in the JRPG lineup at launch).

Wasn't the last progress report on FFX at 70% ?

If they stopped making crappy social games and put everyone on the games in this list we could have them all released in 3 months lol

Kyon

Banned
I hope they decide to release it on the PS4 also. Can't see it selling all that well on a platform in its eleventh hour (atleast not well enough in comparison to how long its been in development).. Making it available on the PS4 from launch would surely give them a reliable revenue stream over the next few years (particularly if there is a gap in the JRPG lineup at launch).

....... That makes absolutely 0 sense. Sorry you're wrong and here is why

PS3 = 70+ million userbase

PS4 = 0

Also lol port begging

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
I want FFX and FFX-2 nao.

Oh and probably LR:FFXIII.

Soriku

Eh...an HD remaster isn't going to give them any form of reliable revenue for the next few years. A PS4 version's sales would be pretty damn diminished by PS3 + Vita version's sales too.

Exentryk

Wasn't the last progress report on FFX at 70% ?

They did actually. https://twitter.com/aibo_ac7/status/316441486839402496

FF10/10-2インタビュー「開発度70%、なるべく早く出したい」そうです。

All I see is X-2 garbage when I searched myself. Really just want see how FFX looks like.

Check the shots on the official site - http://www.jp.square-enix.com/ffx_x-2HD/

Top Bottom