• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rainbow Six: Siege |OT| Idris Elba sold separately

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything
So TH mm is broken. So far, after every match, the game has frozen. 100% of the time. Complete a game... freeze. After the 4th time dashboarding, I just turned it off.

Glaz is fun with thermal. At least in TH.

The new update is really good guys. Thermite's gun is godlike but I didn't notice the change on Capitão's gun. Glaz is cool but gonna take some getting used to. Blitz is great again. Caviera's Luison godlike too. New red dot sight and reglex sight are great. Holo sight is okay, didn't really need a change imo and it's defo not as good now. Also the new update hype means lots of people are playing so matchmaking has a temporary buff so play now whilst games are going fast. Altogether it's a pretty great update making me hyped for siege after taking nearly a month off playing Wildlands and overwatch.

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything
These f'n assholes broke IQ.

Pressing her gadget button brings up her pistol... not gadget. You have to hit it AGAIN for the gadet, and doubletap doesn't work.

Had a really good experience playing games today. Nobody in any of the lobbies crash, though I'm not ready to declare the game cured. And the matchmaking still has struggle-bus moments. But I'm crossing my fingers.

I didn't play any Glaz but he was getting picked a lot, and the Glazes in my games were doing work with that thermal and smoke nades. It's an absolutely huge buff.

D

Deleted member 22576

Unconfirmed Member
Dude I'm really loving this game!! I can't express how surprised I am by it. It's really exciting and rewarding even if ur a n00b. What a cool game.

Wish I had got more than the starter edition.

Servbot #42

Unconfirmed Member
This patch is pretty good but ranked mm in PS4 is still pretty broken.

Thinking of picking up this game while it's on sale, is the Complete Edition worth the extra $40+?

That depends on how you value your time, you can grind all of the dlc operators but it's a huge time commitment.

D

Deleted member 22576

Unconfirmed Member
I Just got owned. And trolled. It was awesome.

There was a drone in our base and running around very frantically. Me and another player were having a helluva time subduing it. It was dodging in and out behind the hostage which seemingly made it harder to hit or invulnerable to our melee attacks and pistol fire. It went on for a little while. The guy was driving back and forth between me and the other guy very skillfully. I unloaded with my shotgun, but also hit my teammate accidentally and got booted from the game.

The guy totally did it on purpose. There is some high level bullshit goin on in this game. But I feel like a n00b bolting up my sleeping bag over doorways. I saw a guy tear down a door I put up only to replace it with his fancier door.

Lol, yes you are indeed a noob, but that's ok. There is an endless array of traps and baiting that you will face the more you play the game. No other shooter comes close in the "ways to get outsmarted" department.

As for +$40 for the complete edition... I take that to mean you get all Y1 operators along with the Y2 pass. If you're just starting out now I think it's a good idea. You'll have a great selection from the 10 DLC operators which will make things much more convenient when you're starting out and unlocking the regular operators. Without it starting from scratch you'd need to earn 275,000 renown or so. That is a lot of play time and being diligent about doing your challenges for the bonuses.

D

Deleted member 22576

Unconfirmed Member
Yeah, the game is hilarious. I've seen so much insane stuff go down already and I've only had it for like 4 days. Its amazing.

andycapps

Yeah, the game is hilarious. I've seen so much insane stuff go down already and I've only had it for like 4 days. Its amazing.
Yeah some funny stuff does happen in this game. Some great moments C4ing people and having them flying towards me afterwards when ragdoll takes over.

I should get back into this. I plowed through Horizon and now I'm playing Ghost Recon but sometimes you need that PvP. Did the new patch break things?

That's probably the best part about this game. No two rounds are the same. And when you clutch a round, oh boy, it feels so damn good.

Glaz is disgusting

Smoked a room, made 3 kills from the safety of the smoke.

I feel a nerf coming. Probably removing his smokes to make him dependent or something

Disgraced

It's for the best that they asserted their focus on fixes instead of content last patch.

However, the output of standard uniforms purchasable with renown since the inital batch has been fucking meager if not pathetic. I want Fashion Siege for all my characters, Ubi.

Onikaan

Has anyone noticed an issue with Glaz's gun when looking down the scope? Countless times now ive pulled the trigger over an enemy and the bullet hasnt made contact.

Only noticed this since latest update.

fr0st

Banned
Has anyone noticed an issue with Glaz's gun when looking down the scope? Countless times now ive pulled the trigger over an enemy and the bullet hasnt made contact.

People on Reddit have proof of this issue

andycapps

Wonder if it's like the ACOG on L85 bug that Exec has been talking about forever. Basically every 5 or 10 shots is off by about 6 inches if at a decent range. Rest of them are accurate. Not an issue with other sights, either.

https://youtu.be/YE4RQrmGpNU

There really should be some sort of surrender without penalty option in ranked if you're down 2-3 players due to quitting. Two games in a row the other day our team mates quit in the second round leaving my friend and I at 2 v 5 for the rest of the match. We lost both times of course and ranked down. Unfair.

Disgraced

A while back somebody on the boards asked if there was any place they could learn about pro strategies, and well, here are invitational match analyses by Canadian, captain of the league champions, Continuum.

ESG vs deX - Kafe
ESG vs deX - Consulate
There really should be some sort of surrender without penalty option in ranked if you're down 2-3 players due to quitting. Two games in a row the other day our team mates quit in the second round leaving my friend and I at 2 v 5 for the rest of the match. We lost both times of course and ranked down. Unfair.
The system definitely needs to account for dropping more than it does and a backfill bonus or loss reduction ABSO-FUCKING-LUTELY needs to be implemented.

A clanmate (who was plat at the time) and I once joined a ranked game 0-3 on fucking MATCH POINT and were stuck SPECTATING. Which as I understand it, was actually a bug—however, I still see insertions on 0-2 from time to time and that there's absolutely no mitigation or compensation for such is GOD DAMN CRAP.

andycapps

A while back somebody on the boards asked if there was any place they could learn about pro strategies, and well, here are invitational match analyses by Canadian, captain of the league champions, Continuum.

ESG vs deX - Kafe
ESG vs deX - Consulate
The system definitely needs to account for dropping more than it does and a backfill bonus or loss reduction ABSO-FUCKING-LUTELY needs to be implemented.

A clanmate (who was plat at the time) and I once joined a ranked game 0-3 on fucking MATCH POINT and were stuck SPECTATING. Which as I understand it, was actually a bug—however, I still see insertions on 0-2 from time to time and that there's absolutely no mitigation or compensation for such is GOD DAMN CRAP.

King George also has a bunch of map breakdowns on Youtube. He was formerly in Continuum but now in Era.

Disgraced

Don't open something just because you can, kids.

giphy.gif
King George also has a bunch of map breakdowns on Youtube. He was formerly in Continuum but now in Era.
Yooo, that's dope.

Here's a link for anyone interested.

andycapps

Pro League match between Continuum and Elevate up soon on official Siege Twitch channel. I'm not sure if this is qualifying or just a scrimmage. I would think Continuum would have already qualified from winning the past two seasons.

Elevate was formerly an Xbox pro team, so should be an interesting match.

Disgraced

Wow, first map (Kafe) Elevate went up 0-4 and Continuum came back and won 6-4.
That was a good-ass match, but that use of Glaz agitates me, especially when they were overconfident with him (i.e. Canadian's botched rush in the freezer). I understand high level players' frustration with the domination of Montagne, but I think a meta with him is far more dynamic and fun than Glaz, an operator who is so much less team-oriented.

They both need very soft nerfs. Perhaps remove the laser from Monty's revolver, and reduce Glaz's ROF. But I fear Ubi's going to scorch them, and then we're going to be back to square one, which is a lot of samey team compositions.

To a certain extent, I'm worried about the same thing with Fuze, who only needs a slight range reduction and a fix for the excessive bouncing.

On the other end, I'm afraid of a Blitz buff going too far as well. At this point all he needs is a fucking hitbox fix. After the small buffs here and there he's received alongside the other shields he's already creeped back in the meta ever so slightly, I firmly believe a hitbox fix could edge him back into total viability.

andycapps

That was a good-ass match, but that use of Glaz agitates me, especially when they were overconfident with him (i.e. Canadian's botched rush in the freezer). I understand high level players' frustration with the domination of Montagne, but I think a meta with him is far more dynamic and fun than Glaz, an operator who is so much less team-oriented.

They both need very soft nerfs. Perhaps remove the laser from Monty's revolver, and reduce Glaz's ROF. But I fear Ubi's going to scorch them, and then we're going to be back to square one, which is a lot of samey team compositions.

To a certain extent, I'm worried about the same thing with Fuze, who only needs a slight range reduction and a fix for the excessive bouncing.

On the other end, I'm afraid of a Blitz buff going too far as well. At this point all he needs is a fucking hitbox fix. After the small buffs here and there he's received alongside the other shields he's already creeped back in the meta ever so slightly, I firmly believe a hitbox fix could edge him back into total viability.

Continuum always starts out really slow and it seems like they're figuring out what the other team is doing and then they change their strategy completely to counter it and unless the other team can change their strategy, then it's over. And it doesn't seem like any of the other teams change their strategies like that. Definitely none of the non-NA teams.

The Glaz buff Is frustrating because he's so strong now that every pro league team is picking him for every match. I'd rather see everyone pick Montagne than do the same thing with Glaz every round: smoke everything, Glaz take out a couple before he gets taken out, rinse and repeat.

Think they're going to take Glaz's smoke grenades away so that he'll have to work with other operators. Or maybe they reduce the 3 smokes to 2. I don't think they'll take the thermal away though, but who knows. Maybe you try to make other operators stronger to counter him. Give Pulse back his range and instant switch again maybe.

Yeah, Blitz doesn't need much. Fix the hotbox and that's about it. Maybe they could make the shield slightly bigger? He's being played more at high levels of ranked play (well beyond me lol) but nobody in pro league will use him. Not surprising that Jackal is never played. Hes pretty useless if your team is droning everything out.

Three days after implementing 'fuck this guy' matchmaking R6 would go from 20 minute queue times to infinity.

I like it when randoms come through for me though. This might be my favorite ace that I've gotten: http://xboxdvr.com/gamer/Pegasus Actual/video/28326603

A bit of a surprise ace, I didn't realize I got the random wall-bang while fighting Montagne until I watched it back a couple of times. In the heat of the moment I was just confused because I thought I headshotted him but then he was still alive.

Anyway, the randoms... Valkyrie with the boss camera that I wanted. Literally all I was trying to do from the start of that clip (and probably a full minute prior) was to jump out that window for the flank. But somehow I got wrapped up in a situation where I had to kill the entire rest of the team to be allowed to do it! Boss random Echo takes care of my Montagne problem for me, and he was even getting Yokai in position to help with the second to last guy!

Top Bottom