• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Witcher 3 much further in development than Cyberpunk, unveil first half of 2013

Anarkin

Sorry for bumping but I watched an interview with the CEO of CDPR and he confirmed that The Witcher 3 (he didn't say Witcher 3 but the second project) is much further along in development than Cyberpunk 2077 and will be announced in the first half of this year. Interview is couple of weeks old but I don't think it was already posted here and some of you were curious which RPG will be released first.

http://www.tvncnbc.pl/centrum-wynikow,288382.html

FACE

Banned
Sorry for bumping but I watched an interview with the CEO of CDPR and he confirmed that The Witcher 3 (he didn't say Witcher 3 but the second project) is much further along in development than Cyberpunk 2077 and will be announced in the first half of this year. Interview is couple of weeks old but I don't think it was already posted here and some of you were curious which RPG will be released first.

cowboysmile5zb3308ask.gif

Eideka

Banned

Thank you, I had no idea The Witcher 3 was remotely close to being unveiled.

Looking forward to that, we can hope for a 2013 release and Cyberpunk in 2014.

Holy fuck, yes! So Witcher 3 in 2014 and Cyberpunk is 2015 (guessing since they said after W2 that their next two games would be 2014 and 2015). Assumed Cyberpunk was further along and was the 2014 title. Very happy to be wrong, not that I'm not looking forward to Cyberpunk. But, I need more Witcher ASAP.

antonz

Oh yeah. I love me some Witcher 3. Cant wait to see what they do with it with the hints of more open world

Witcher series has surpassed every RPG and JRPG I've played. So hyped.

I hope it's a prequel. Witcher is one game where you can make 10 prequels and still not run out of Geralt's exploits, each more badass than the previous.

Eideka

Banned
I love the Witcher series but I'm hyped significantly more for Cyberpunk.

2014 for The Witcher 3, 2015 for Cyberpunk.

Nibel

ibln4jr3Aylryk.gif

Witcher 2 was amazing - only thing I didn't like was the last third of the game. It felt pretty rushed to me.

I'm hyped as fuck for number 3 though and wonder where they'll take us this time!

Enkidu

I hope it's a prequel. Witcher is one game where you can make 10 prequels and still not run out of Geralt's exploits, each more badass than the previous.
They can't go for a prequel after the way 2 ended, that just wouldn't be fair.

I'd love more Witcher 2 tbh. Already a great engine just add more stories and gameplay and I'm there.

The engine would scale with next-gen consoles too considering how Witcher 2 looks on PC.

krishian

Great news!

No way it's a prequel after that ending. It's time to go to Nilfgaard to save the missus.

Witcher 2 was amazing - only thing I didn't like was the last third of the game. It felt pretty rushed to me.

I'm hyped as fuck for number 3 though and wonder where they'll take us this time!

IIRC, in the Enhanced Edition they added more content for the third chapter...I still haven't gone through it myself, but I just remember that feature specifically.

TheUsual

Gold Member
Need to get up caught with the series. Finally started playing The Witcher again and I'm now at Chapter 3. I tried getting into the game twice before, but always stopped as soon as I got to Chapter 2. I think it was the scope of the game really opened up when you first arrived in Vizima and there isn't much hand holding.

Anarkin

Apparently there was a new interview and the dark fantasy RPG (Witcher 3) will be announced next month and is open world like Skyrim. I didn't see it myself so I can't confirm this, but I hope TVN CNBC will upload the video like they did last time.

Serra

I love me some CDPR and Witcher but I am way more hyped for Cyberpunk than W3. I just prefer sci-fi. I really hope CDPR does well sales wise.

Good news, I prefer Fantasy to Scifi every time.

Same here. I'll be there day one for Cyberpunk, but I like my dragons and dwarves more than lasers and shit.

Isn't it a tad early? Then again, announced doesn't mean released so it might come out in 2014. I just hope they don't rush it.

After Witcher 2 came out they said their next projects would be next-gen and come out in 2014 and 2015:

During an investor's day presentation this week, Polish publisher CD Projekt revealed that its Red team will be working on "two different AAA+ projects simultaneously," and that the next big CD Projekt games are due out in 2014 and 2015.

Source

bone_and_sinew

breaking down barriers in gratuitous nudity
I still have yet to finish The Witcher.
Same here but what I've played so far I've liked a lot.
I just have tremendous respect for CDPR for the way they conduct themselves and their development philosophy, so anything they do grabs my attention.

I wish I had a pc that could run the witcher 2.

Everything about that game looks right up my ally except the system specs.

Is the first game worth a look?

demolitio

Holy shit is this good news. I'll give the cyberpunk game a chance, but the way The Witcher 2 ended has had me anticipating 3 more than anything else.

I can't wait.

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
Ugh, why...Cyberpunk seems like a much more interesting universe and setting. Disappointing to hear this.

Well let's see...

The Witcher is a financially successful series with a set gameplay base to work from.

Cyberpunk is a new IP going through a lot of revision.

Why... would we expect the other one first?

Top Bottom