• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kotaku: Pikmin 3 (Wii U) at E3 2012 confirmed

BurntPork

Banned
I don't understand why Nintendo doesn't save this stuff for the conference itself. The impact is dramatically lessened if we know about it beforehand.

Either misinterpretation or Nintendo hoping to bring some good news to fight the bad press as of late.

Awesome! We all knew it was coming, but it's nice to get confirmation it will finally be shown.

Also, that gif makes me miss the old NPD threads with all the Mama Robotnik Star Trek gifs.

PetrCobra

Multiplayer... No. ONLINE multiplayer! With modes for more than two players, perhaps.

I would literally even forgive them having SD graphics on WiiU and no other new features, this would be enough for me.

Remember, people: the multiplayer in Pikmin 2 is one of the most amazing things ever in gaming history.

?oe?oe

Remember, people: the multiplayer in Pikmin 2 is one of the most amazing things ever in gaming history.
This was probably the most surprising thing when I played 2. Pikmin 2 multiplayer was brutally amazing. I didn't think much of it at first, but then, OH BOY, did that view change.

Cygnus X-1

newmontywii.gif

Quoted because it's amazing. Well done!

methodman

Banned
there's already a ton of ways to use the touchscreen in conjunction with the TV for pikmin that I can think of off the top of my head. can't wait.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.

Lets just hope with all the anticipation for this title people will actually buy it.

Might go back and replay Pikmin 2. Think I didn't quite get to the true end, but its been so long I'm better off starting again. Shame I've also got a backlog to think about.

TriGen

E3 is gonna be huge, Pikmin and 2D Mario confirmed by Nintendo already, and you know their saving big announcements for E3, hype intensified!

One of the parts should be a Wii Remote with some good old Duracell batteries. For whatever reason, Pikmin is one of the few games that product placement doesn't bother me.

SmithnCo

One of the parts should be a Wii Remote with some good old Duracell batteries. For whatever reason, Pikmin is one of the few games that product placement doesn't bother me.

Yeah. It was actually kinda cool in Pikmin 2, oddly enough. I think part of it had to do with Olimar's explanations of the items.

budpikmin

Pretty obvious but nice to know. I will be on pins and needles waiting for the trailer during the conference.

Yes. They are fantastic.

Based on that Miyamoto interview that ain't happening for a while. :(

I don't get it. He spoke about not wanting a new f-zero until they can do something fresh with it, and yet we just got confirmation of a new super mario bros game :-/

Edit: make that a 2d mario game

Yes, yes...

Now, how about a new Wave Race* for launch?

*Inspired by Wave Race 64, music and all. Blue Storm was a mis-step is aesthetics and atmosphere.

watershed

Banned
All that development time better ensure an awesome game. I want to see a pikmin game that makes full use of the Wii U's capabilities from the tablet to the graphics to the online stuff. I hope we don't get just a few new pikmin colors and that's it. I can only imagine there are some cool new gameplay possibilities with the wii u's hardware like physics or larger stages, etc.

1. OMFG I'M SO EXCITED!
2. Pikmin 1>Pikmin 2
3. I can't see MamaRobotnik's gif and feel left out. :(
4. There is no way Pikmin 3 will live up to how much I am hyping it
5. OMFG I'M SO EXCITED!

Top Bottom