• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Monster Hunter XX Switch Edition (JP) |OT| The World is not enough

Raysoul

Ugh, I'm think of buying this, but I'm not quite 100% sure because I can't read Japanese. I'm done with the demo (Already beat Valfalk), but not quite sure if the lack of english would just frustrate me.

Dammit Capcpom!

Heroman

Banned
Ugh, I'm think of buying this, but I'm not quite 100% sure because I can't read Japanese. I'm done with the demo (Already beat Valfalk), but not quite sure if the lack of english would just frustrate me.

Dammit Capcpom!
If you know enough about Mon hun it wouldn't be too hard to get through and given the Mon hun community alot of stuff should be translated online.

depward

Starting over here as well, which is fine I suppose. Going to mess with some new weapons to make it a bit more digestible.

With Kiranico, the Google translate app, and having Generations up on my 3DS, everything has been fairly understandable if I've needed to check on anything.

If you've played a lot of MH, especially Generations, you're able to poke around alright.

ys45

I will get this tonight or try to I'm not sure if I can use my CC otherwise il need to get some JP e-shop point card .

This will probably help me with my Japanese (I'm JLPT5ish) and help me learn new words.
and on top of that, my Japanese friend got the 3ds version and since we can play with 3ds players I will be able to play with her.

ys45

Ordered on eBay. If there is English localisation down the track, there better be a way to transfer saves.

I don't think they will localize this one. Capcom is working hard on MHW to be a success in the west instead.

Which is fine with me.

All of my worries were squashed thanks to the brilliant work put into the Kiranico page for the game. All quests, etc is all there in English, so really all you miss out on is the story, which is almost non-existent

georly

Pro-tip for the pro-tip! Know that, in my experience at least, the Instant Translate feature for Japanese Language can be a bit less exact than the manual translation option (take a photo, swipe over the text you want to translate). Just in case any of you try it, have Instant on and aren't getting very understandable results =P Try turning Instant off and see if that helps you. It is not every time that the results are a bit silly with Instant, but often (for me).

Yeah i just used the instant translate as it's a good picture to demo the capabilities of the app, but I agree.

Also, i'm sure the answer is no, but i want to quadruple check - there's no way to transfer my gen (english) file over to this, right?

Edit: nvm already been answered.

patientx

Guys is online content not enabled ? The main menu downloads and bonuses from home cat -I don't know what to call him- , when I enter there nothing happens and unless I disable internet completely I can't get out of it either.

Me too. This is not good.. at all. fuck

Monster hunter on this thing is basically why i bough it but this may end up being less than ideal. I certainly don't speak japanese, even if it just comes down to monster parts. I'm not a huge fan of referring to a wiki to get through the story mode, even if it's not a huge part of it.

froliq

Guys is online content not enabled ? The main menu downloads and bonuses from home cat -I don't know what to call him- , when I enter there nothing happens and unless I disable internet completely I can't get out of it either.

Worked for me earlier, but there's no DLC available currently from what I saw.

patientx

Worked for me earlier, but there's no DLC available currently from what I saw.

What do you know.. It worked when I tried after reading yours. I was afraid it didn't work because I was using my NA account. It works, but there is no content yet.

Doombear

Worked for me earlier too. Note if you're not fluent/translating: If the moofah is on the screen, it is generally doing work and backing out will cancel it. It did take a long time to GET to the DLC menus once I started it from Main Menu. Likewise it took a good minute or two for my save to upload to the servers from 3DS. Both times you get a warning that it is doing stuff, and not to back out or cancel. Moofah running in place underneath the message.

EDIT: Hmm, doesn't look like there is an option to change/swap the R/ZR - L/ZL button functions. That is unfortunate. I could be missing it.

luulubuu

Just popping by to say the thread title is amazing!

:D

1_result3.png

hunnies28

I had already decided not to get this due to localization salt and not knowing an ounce of japanese, but chances are I'll bite sooner than later.

Also, I don't want to start from scratch.

Monster hunter on this thing is basically why i bough it but this may end up being less than ideal. I certainly don't speak japanese, even if it just comes down to monster parts. I'm not a huge fan of referring to a wiki to get through the story mode, even if it's not a huge part of it.

Yeah I really dont want to be running around with a palm pilot to translate stuff.. Oh well.. decisions.

How do you sprint in this? I haven't played Monster Hunter since Freedom Unite and was going to wait till Worlds but I thought I'll try the demo first.

I'm not sure i can navigate through the Japanese the same way I could as a kid.

Is there a website where most things would be translated?

luulubuu

How do you sprint in this? I haven't played Monster Hunter since Freedom Unite and was going to wait till Worlds but I thought I'll try the demo first.

I'm not sure i can navigate through the Japanese the same way I could as a kid.

Is there a website where most things would be translated?

Check the op.

luulubuu

I want to say don't reward Capcom for their fuckery, but I can understand why you guys want to.

Non fuckery at all, the game was never announced to the west, please keep the thread free of such claims to avoid derailing to people who wants to support the game.

ys45

Ok that sucks , Paypal is not working because I'm not in Japan and my CC is not working either probably for the same reasons .

So whats the point of the e-shop being region free again except for demo?
I went to SolarisJapan for point card it cost me like 100 CND -_-

So I bought it on eBay at $85 CND and at least it's a physical copy .
I guess I won't be playing anytime soon ...

Kyoufu

Ok that sucks , Paypal is not working because I'm not in Japan and my CC is not working either probably for the same reasons .

So whats the point of the e-shop being region free again except for demo?
I went to SolarisJapan for point card it cost me like 100 CND -_-

So I bought it on eBay at $85 CND and at least it's a physical copy .
I guess I won't be playing anytime soon ...

Buy the digital version on Amazon Japan for 6000 yen.

PKrockin

Two 3000 yen eshop cards on amazon.co.jp was 5700 yen for me, as opposed to 5990 yen for buying the download code for the game itself, so I went with the cards.

Up to you. You can change your main account to JP, buy it then set it back I think. I have 3 separate accounts stored on my Switch for 3 different regions.

I was just thinking that I dont really want to split my sales between multiple accounts, but then I also dont want to have to go through the hassle of changing my account all the time, haha.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
I'm so conflicted.

I fucking love Monster Hunter. But the moonspeak makes it super frustrating to craft gear. Also how good/bad will online be from the USA?

Meesh

Got an email from PlayAsia saying it's shipped! I'm hyyyype!
For the record I don't speak or read Japanese but I've been known to import for the love of the franchise.

Top Bottom