• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Android |OT8| ConFuchsia say beta is better

LeleSocho

Banned
If that's the camera then i guess they'll go with the piezoelectric actuator for sound... wonder if it will sound better than the Mi Mix or not.

Bboy AJ

My dog was murdered by a 3.5mm audio port and I will not rest until the standard is dead
Once you activate a Google Fi sim with a supported phone, you can use that activated sim on every phone that has any Fi bands. It's awesome.

Jeffrey

Once you activate a Google Fi sim with a supported phone, you can use that activated sim on every phone that has any Fi bands. It's awesome.
I'm curious how it will be in China. I know project fi on a Google phone has built in vpn so you can use Google services in China.

Think I'll just find a cheap nexus 5x and use for Hotspot.

Bboy AJ

My dog was murdered by a 3.5mm audio port and I will not rest until the standard is dead
I'm curious how it will be in China. I know project fi on a Google phone has built in vpn so you can use Google services in China.

Think I'll just find a cheap nexus 5x and use for Hotspot.
I've used it in China and yeah, you don't need a VPN. It's fantastic.

Mindwipe

Apple iPhone cameras will soon give us DSLR quality with dual lenses, software to process the data, and a baller processor to push it all in a heartbeat.

I've said it a million times and you keep decrying me like you decried my predictions of death of aux. Come at me.

You are aware that this is literally impossible, physics wise, yes?

BahamutPT

That 170420.19 update that was 44.6mb yesterday is 1GB today. Downloading it now to see if it also fails

https://9to5google.com/2017/05/18/android-o-beta-is-receiving-a-second-ota-update-fixes/

It fixed Android Pay for some but not all with the update

In regard to what the article says about the build number, my 6P showed the DP2 build number and still failed this morning's update.

But the new one has just installed without a single hiccup!

At the moment, my only issue is that, after an app update, the Google Photos icon changed to a circle with a Bugdroid inside instead of the correct icon.

Bboy AJ

You are aware that this is literally impossible, physics wise, yes?
November 2013. Apple bought a 3D sensor company for $360M. Probably one of their highest priced acquisitions ever. They did Kinect.

Search my posts talking about two camera lenses. One to put everything in focus with a huge depth of field and the other to map the actual distance of what's in front of the camera. Mix em together and we've got Portrait mode. It took Apple almost four years to implement the Kinect guys, ages in Apple acquisitions. It'll keep getting better. DSLR better. Apple is the best camera company today. Dual tone flash was unheard of without thousands of dollars in equipment for pro photographers and Apple just came in and did it.

I'll wait for the revisionist history like those who said aux jacks would go nowhere. Today, it's I called something so obvious. Whatever.

In regard to what the article says about the build number, my 6P showed the DP2 build number and still failed this morning's update.

But the new one has just installed without a single hiccup!

At the moment, my only issue is that, after an app update, the Google Photos icon changed to a circle with a Bugdroid inside instead of the correct icon.
I think i Google Photos will get a new icon as it's a generic icon atm for me as well

Groof

C7S0ouqVAAANACj.jpg

Noema

Mr.Shrugglesツ;237465015 said:
Can't you just get a battery addon?

Much ado about nothing.

The whole point of the play line was getting a midrange phone with a gargantuan battery. Both the X Play and the Z Play had 3600maH batteries. There's really no point in getting this over the cheaper G5P.

What's a good alarm app that lets plays a random song from a folder you specify or just a random song in general?

I feel like my default oneplus one clock app used to do this but since I factory reset it the option seems to have disappeared to so I guess I need alternatives, all the ones I've tried either only let you chose one song, or make you make a playlist which would be effort since I delete and add songs to my phone all the time.

Ty4on

November 2013. Apple bought a 3D sensor company for $360M. Probably one of their highest priced acquisitions ever. They did Kinect.

Search my posts talking about two camera lenses. One to put everything in focus with a huge depth of field and the other to map the actual distance of what's in front of the camera. Mix em together and we've got Portrait mode. It took Apple almost four years to implement the Kinect guys, ages in Apple acquisitions. It'll keep getting better. DSLR better. Apple is the best camera company today. Dual tone flash was unheard of without thousands of dollars in equipment for pro photographers and Apple just came in and did it.

I'll wait for the revisionist history like those who said aux jacks would go nowhere. Today, it's I called something so obvious. Whatever.
😐😐😐

yagal

I have a Oneplus 3t since yesterday for 350€ the phone looks like new and I will sell my Sammy A5 2016 to my buddy for 180€, so
I like : - The thing is fast, the charge is fast, the fingerprint sensor is very very fast
- The OS is android
- The 3.5 jack is solid
But : I'm not convince by the camera

I will buy a case and stick with this phone and see what the future have to offer because between the Oneplus 5 not having a 3.5 jack , no quad DAC on the LG in Europe and no V serie, dat fingerprint sensor location on the S8 and the fact that I can't have album's cover on the lockscreen, Sony's BEZELS... I don't know what will come next for me maybe a Nokia at this point :)

Jeffrey

I have a Oneplus 3t since yesterday for 350€ the phone looks like new and I will sell my Sammy A5 2016 to my buddy for 180€, so
I like : - The thing is fast, the charge is fast, the fingerprint sensor is very very fast
- The OS is android
- The 3.5 jack is solid
But : I'm not convince by the camera

I will buy a case and stick with this phone and see what the future have to offer because between the Oneplus 5 not having a 3.5 jack , no quad DAC on the LG in Europe and no V serie, dat fingerprint sensor location on the S8 and the fact that I can't have album's cover on the lockscreen, Sony's BEZELS... I don't know what will come next for me maybe a Nokia at this point :)

Don't count op5 out yet on headphone jack. All we seen are a bunch of early prototypes xD

Best wait for official stuff.

The new Nokia flagship looks promising based off leaks, might wait for that.

Vanillalite

Ask me about the GAF Notebook
Will be interesting to see how Summer plays out.

If you're anywhere close to $700 it's basically Galaxy S8 or maybe Pixel.

Once OP and Axon release their new phones it should squeeze from th bottom.

The question is how will everyone else fair, and how low will everyone else go.

Will be interesting to see how Summer plays out.

If you're anywhere close to $700 it's basically Galaxy S8 or maybe Pixel.

Once OP and Axon release their new phones it should squeeze from th bottom.

The question is how will everyone else fair, and how low will everyone else go.
iPhone or bust.

Yeah, I know it's on the fall.

Quasar

It'll keep getting better. DSLR better. Apple is the best camera company today. Dual tone flash was unheard of without thousands of dollars in equipment for pro photographers and Apple just came in and did it.

Though I guess that depends on what you mean by DSLR better. I struggle to see a future phone camera that's as good as a proper camera with a 300mm lens. Maybe it will be the case for portrait photography.

Mindwipe

Again, you cannot break physics. There are only so many photons fit through the gate, and only so much focal area.

Nobody is saying that camera phones will not get better. They will. They will not get better than DSLRs, unless we find some fundamentally new imagining technology that doesn't rely on lenses and sensors, and that isn't going to happen in the next fifty years.

Jeffrey

I'm getting the craving again.

help.

Having only 1 phone atm is awful! Especially when its touchlagwiz.

damn it when is oneplus Dx0 phone coming out.

(and no i'm not gonna buy the squeeze phone. not that desperate).

Bboy AJ

Again, you cannot break physics. There are only so many photons fit through the gate, and only so much focal area.

Nobody is saying that camera phones will not get better. They will. They will not get better than DSLRs, unless we find some fundamentally new imagining technology that doesn't rely on lenses and sensors, and that isn't going to happen in the next fifty years.
Whatcha ya gonna do, brother, when the 24" pythons and Hulkamania run wild on you!?

I'm​ curious to see if Nokia will be timely with the updates on the 9.

If they can crack the under 90 days, that will put them ahead of majority of the OEM's out there. I really hope every manufacturer can bring these waiting times down.

Worst is Samsung, with how much volumes they sell, even their flagships take 4-5 months at the least.

wilflare

forgot to post here instead.
anyone else tried Android O?

I'm increasingly tempted to just switch to the Apple ecosystem (can't believe I'm saying this)

CS_Dan

Had to drop cash for a OnePlus 3t. It pained me with the 5 so close, but I'm off to Thailand in 2 weeks and my 6P is being a complete arsehole.

Kinda hoping it doesn't have a headphone jack to make me feel better.

BeforeU

Oft hope is born when all is forlorn.

help.

Which phone you got?

Vanillalite

Ask me about the GAF Notebook

help.

I'm not saying it's perfect, but man if you guys think the S8 is touchwiz lag idk wtf you thought of phones like the GS4.

Hasney

I'm not saying it's perfect, but man if you guys think the S8 is touchwiz lag idk wtf you thought of phones like the GS4.

Yeah, the lag on the S8 is barely there with Bixby off and Nova installed. As snappy as my 6P.

GS4 though... Jesus. That's been my only "I've made a huge mistake" phone ever.

Top Bottom