• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steven Universe |OT4| Every Rose Has Its Thorns

Status
Not open for further replies.

ElFly

Really? That episode cemented her status for me. Before that, it was Space Race that made me fall in love.

Lapis is also working her way into my heart. The level of fucks she fails to give about everything is amazing.

I love Peridot too, but I very much dislike how hard the writers are pushing her.

eeeeh Sworn by the Sword has her trying to transform Connie into another Pearl and that just made her too broken for me

Psxphile

tumblr_o7kcr3dgC91uuak58o1_500.png

Peri, I'm already a demon.

zeemumu

Not as brutal as a typical Wile E. Coyote cartoon but still cool. Peridot can take a lot more punishment than most other gems that I've seen so far, but that's probably for comedic purposes.

i remember the days when Lapidot made no sense

I saw it coming for awhile now, though I didn't really bother trying to actually ship it until more recently.

Basically my thoughts at the start was that the show made a point awhile back on how Peridot's never fused with another gem before and had a brief moment with Garnet dedicated on that subject about how she wasn't comfortable yet with trying to fuse with anyone yet.

Juxtaposing all of that with the very blatant abuse victim metaphors that are pretty integral with Lapis' character and it makes sense that the two arcs might potentially culminate with Peridot finally deciding to try fusion with Lapis, who in turn would finally be having a healthy relationship/fusion.

And the show was all the better for it. <3

I'm so happy they're getting along and being wacky roommates now. Lapis's morps are cool too.

The full term is "meep morps." ;)

But yeah, I'm loving the wacky roommates/old married couple vibe they're having now.

So what if Pink Diamond was really
the worst, meanest most awful and spiteful diamond of them all was abusing Lion, and was favored by all her sisters for her innate cruelty and dedication to life sciences/experiments?

Trojita

Rapid Response Threadmaker
Nothing beats Pearl terrifying the whole gem empire for being a Renegade Warrior Pearl.

Psxphile

The lack of Garnet appreciation is simply disgusting.

Probably a side-effect of not having any episodes in Season 3 focus exclusively on her. Her last big ep was The Answer and she played a big part in Log Date despite it being more focused on Peridot. Since then she's been mostly background cool mom or part of the core team dynamic.

Everyone going off about Lapis x Peridot and I'm just here rooting for Amethyst x Peridot.

; 3 ;

While Lapis and Peridot play off each other extremely well as roommates and friends, Amethyst and Peridot do have chemistry that may not be entirely platonic. They had that "Peridot landing on Amethyst and them looking into each other's eyes for a bit" moment in Too Far, which is a common anime trope used to tease potential romance or whatever. Amethyst is clearly Peridot's favorite out of all the original Crystal Gems and the show puts them together a lot for scenes and episodes.

Lapidot is perfectly fine and plausible, but I just prefer Amedot.

And this all sounds ridiculous when I looked at what I just typed, but Steven Universe is a rare case where romantic relationships between female characters could actually develop. So we're not completely insane in discussing this.

KiN0

Lapis is my favorite so far, if only for how shady she comes across.

While I like her relationship with Peridot, I'd actually like to see her interact with Pearl. Much like Pearl with Rose, I see Lapis acting kind of...possessive with Steven. Like, she's always really happy and talkative when Steven addresses her, but she's cold to everyone else around him. I feel like the two could benefit from getting to know one another, or at the very least produce some entertaining drama.

Let us set the record straight

Best Fusions: 1. Opal 2. Rainbow Quartz 3. Stevonnie

Best Mom: Garnet

Best Gem: Peridot

Best Townie: Jenny (She's the evil twin)

Amedot is better than Lapidot, don't cry too hard.

Lapis can have Pearl. Rose didnt want her, so Lapis should think carefully.

While I'm of the mind of "ship and let ship," I will say this about Lapidot: I have seen my parents do this with each other for well over a decade now. My grandparents do that even more often than them too when I get the chance to visit them. It never fails to be hilarious and adorable.

It's by no means a smoking gun or anything for the ship, but it's still a nice little detail about dedicated romantic relationships I see all the time in real life that doesn't pop up enough in movies or television shows imo.

Odrion

Banned
the best fusion is going to be lapidot, she's going to throw buildings at people with her telekinesis

i dunno how jasper is going to become a crystal gem. even if and when they manage to cure her corruption, she has pretty justifiable anger towards them and a huge amount of it

the best fusion is going to be lapidot, she's going to throw buildings at people

i dunno how jasper is going to become a crystal jem. even if and when they manage to cure her corruption, she has pretty justifiable anger towards them and a huge amount of it

I honestly can't wait to see Lapidot fusion happen. It's gonna be great.

Permanently A

Alright lets fucking end this.

Garnet is best "wanna get some ice cream" mom.

Amethyst is best "I want 3 scoops of mint chocolate" big sis.

Pearl is best "but what about CAVITIES" mom.

Lapis is best "ice cream is for losers but I guess I'll have some" cousin.

Peridot is best "HOLY SHIT ICE CREAM IS AMAZING WHY DIDN'T ANYONE TELL ME ABOUT THIS THERE ARE SO MANY FLAVORS" little sister.

Psxphile

Reminder that after tomorrow's today's episode "Know Your Fusion" we'll be going back to weekly episodes. Schedule will be as follows:

August 18th:
Buddy's Book
Steven visits the library with Connie and uncovers a long lost book.

August 25th:
Mindful Education
Steven and Connie learn to focus better.

September 1st:
Future Boy Zoltron
Steven tells people's fortunes at Funland.

Reason that I bring this up now is that I think CN is changing their premiere night from Thursdays to Mondays starting September 5th. According to a promo that was released (much earlier than expected), it's being referred to as 'Night of New' and Gumball, WBB and TTG! will each be premiering new episodes. But nothing for SU.

Trokil

Banned
Lapis and Peridot are such a hipster couple. Living together in a barn, creating art, watching Soap Operas all day. Peridot is even wearing a bow tie.

I love the show, the creators are such huge nerds. I like that Steven behaves sometimes like an anime character. And I mean those strange anime characters, of those cooking or Go shows. In the restaurant wars episode for example and it was pretty funny to watch that.

zulux21

Lapis and Peridot are such a hipster couple. Living together in a barn, creating art, watching Soap Operas all day. Peridot is even wearing a bow tie.

I love the show, the creators are such huge nerds. I like that Steven behaves sometimes like an anime character. And I mean those strange anime characters, of those cooking or Go shows. In the restaurant wars episode for example and it was pretty funny to watch that.

while I enjoy the anime inspired stuff, I gotta admit, the road runner vs coyote inspired episode today was great.

Toxi

Banned

Part of why I love this show so much is that the nerdiness is completely genuine. When Steven is playing a video game console, it's not just some generic video game console or a modern one, it's a Nintendo 64 or a Gamecube. That's something only a huge nerd would make sure to include.

zulux21

Part of why I love this show so much is that the nerdiness is completely genuine. When Steven is playing a video game console, it's not just some generic video game console or a modern one, it's a Nintendo 64 or a Gamecube. That's something only a huge nerd would make sure to include.

while I could easily see a huge nerd using a generic console. The big thing that sealed the whole nerd thing for me is the simple fact that when playing games, he actually looks like he is playing games and not just mashing buttons.

so many shows, animated or live action decide they have to make playing a video game exciting and mash buttons randomly, despite the fact it looks super stupid @_@

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom