• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Anyone else touch their face or eyes after cutting hot peppers?

Status
Not open for further replies.

CrankyJay

Banned
Broke my own rule of wearing gloves while slicing some Anaheim peppers (making stuffed peppers). Then I touched my cheek and my forehead and they're on fire. Ouch!

Anyone else feel the burn?

Feels bad man.

Once, with Jalapeno peppers. I itched my nose, and somehow it got IN MY NOSE. Oh my lord. I threw up and my eyes were watering ... My face was swollen for like a day and a half. ~T_T~

wenis

Registered for GAF on September 11, 2001.
lol, no.

as a kid I used to eat those little packets of chili peppers that came with pizzas, my body is immune to all of it!

CrankyJay

Banned
AngelSoldier said:
Once, with Jalapeno peppers. I itched my nose, and somehow it got IN MY NOSE. Oh my lord. I threw up and my eyes were watering ... My face was swollen for like a day and a half. ~T_T~

I did that once with contact lenses. My eyes were on fire so I took my contacts out, and the next day, I put them back in thinking the solution would have killed off the oils. So I put them in and dosed myself again...contacts are porous. LOL.

Azriell

No, but I've gotten poison ivy on my scrotum before, and that was pretty terrible. I was in middle school at the time, and going 8 hours while trying to not scratch my balls was fucking miserable.

CrankyJay

Banned
SolKane said:
Gloves for Anaheim peppers, seriously?

Try it on your face and report back. I touched the seeds and the pith while gutting them. My wife can tell exactly where I touched my face because it's dark red. LOL.

Just drinking away the pain now.

Darkwater

On a similar note, I cut some onions once, washed my hands thoroughly after and put in my contacts. I didn't wash nearly thoroughly enough as the veins in my eyes turned bright red and tears started rolling down my cheeks. Had a good laugh about it, though. :)

Yeah, a day after cutting some peppers and my eyes still burned.

I only cut a few jalapeno peppers but my fingers (and under my fingernails) burned for a few days. Srs bznss

RevDM

Banned
Bread said:
Real men wipe their ass with hot pepper soaked hands.

I've been on a hot sauce binge lately and I'm really tempted to spray down my chicken wings with pepper spray.

Buttchin

i did this a few months ago... was cutting some jalapeno peppers for a chili i believe. I washed my hands after cutting them for a few minutes. I was aware that the chances of getting the stuff in my eyes still existed so i made sure not to touch anywhere near my face. Then 3 hours later i lapsed and touched around my eyes and not just one eye both of them (yeah i was a freaking idiot). I was pretty much blinded and had to make my way upstairs to the shower and decided it was a good time to take a shower lol.

Considering i washed my hands after i think i must have made another mistake after i washed my hands like picking up the cutting board after it had not been washed or something cause the intensity level was so freaking high considering the wash...

Phobophile

A scientist and gentleman in the manner of Batman.
Nope, but last year at work, a coworker brought some fresh Hungarian peppers in. Ate a few of them raw at lunch. Went to go wash my hands after eating to get rid of the capsaicin. Decided to take a piss first, forgetting why I was in there in the first place. After I returned to my desk, my penis was on fire for about 10 minutes. I was contemplating going to the restroom to wash off my dick but I figured me splashing my junk in front of the sink would have been a bad idea. I'm just glad they weren't terribly hot peppers.

Yup. I had contacts in at the time too. Hell, I didn't even touch my eye, just a spot on my face and it still fucked me up! I had to rinse my eye out with cold water over the sink for about 25 minutes before I was back to normal. In retrospect, I should've been more careful because my fingers were burning as I cleaned and cut up the peppers... but I thought they were relatively harmless as they were green peppers. Note to self: green peppers in a thin bell shape grown in China are hot as fuck.

Ialokin

A couple months ago I was eating serrano peppers at the same time I was trying to robotrip and for some reason a bottle of Robitussin and some hot peppers didn't sit well in my stomach. So I ventured down to the bathroom to vomit that all out in to the toilet. During this process one of the regurgitated chunks of pepper splashed up out of the toilet into my eyeball. It was not a pleasant experience.

CrankyJay

Banned
Ialokin said:
A couple months ago I was eating serrano peppers at the same time I was trying to robotrip and for some reason a bottle of Robitussin and some hot peppers didn't sit well in my stomach. So I ventured down to the bathroom to vomit that all out in to the toilet. During this process one of the regurgitated chunks of pepper splashed up out of the toilet into my eyeball. It was not a pleasant experience.

lolwut.jpg

Eteric Rice

Late at night, playing EverQuest. Get hungry, grab one of my mom's stuffed hot peppers that we had the night before. Must have touched it at some point, tired, rub eyes.

Oh MY GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOD.

notsol337

marked forever
My friends and I like to grow peppers, dry them, and turn them into dust.

You have not felt pain until you inhale dried and powdered bhut jolokia...

Stet

Banned
Doesn't matter how much I wash my hands after cutting peppers, my face will burn.

notsol337 said:
My friends and I like to grow peppers, dry them, and turn them into dust.

You have not felt pain until you inhale dried and powdered bhut jolokia...

I grew jolokias one summer and decided to make hot sauce from them. I buzzed them up with some habaneros in the food processor and immediately took the lid off and thought it'd be a great idea to smell them.

Yeah, that's right, I pepper sprayed myself. What of it?

linkboy

salva said:
Even worse: i touched my dick once after touching jalapenos.

My brother actually did that once. Sucked for him, but when he came running into the house screaming, I laughed my ass off.

Was even funnier when he told mom and dad why he was screaming.

notsol337

marked forever
Crucified said:
Doesn't matter how much I wash my hands after cutting peppers, my face will burn.

I grew jolokias one summer and decided to make hot sauce from them. I buzzed them up with some habaneros in the food processor and immediately took the lid off and thought it'd be a great idea to smell them.

Yeah, that's right, I pepper sprayed myself. What of it?

See? You know the score! Jolokias, oh god. Oh god. Get the water, oh lawd jesus.

Vicros

For some damn reason I always seem to rub my eyes after cutting a really strong onion. Nowhere near as bad as a pepper, but still sucks. Shit stings.

Orayn

A friend of mine helped his dad cut some habanero peppers when he was a kid. Afterwards, he picked his nose. It did not go well.

Worked in Restaurants for 10 years, it happens and it sucks. The worst part is that you don't normally think about washing you hands BEFORE you go to the bathroom so I've seen people in serious pain (men and women) because of this.

edit: someone just said the same thing to me a few days ago about fingering his GF as someone else said. I asked "how do you apologize for that?" He had no answer

Borman

Did it once recently. Red pepper that my dad grew, dried out for months. One little touch was all it took. Washing away got some in my eye, and it was downhill from there.

RankoSD

Well, here is my brutal story.

My mom and I were having a lunch and she was sitting across the table, and then started slicing a red hot pepper.

As she sliced it, a seed got big air time, it flew right into my right FREAKIN' EYE, I mean, what's the possibility of that? Like one in a million?

And then what happened? Naturally when something hits your eye it closes instantly, and mine did that, as lucky as I was, the seed got stuck in there, and then the pain started...

Let me just say that that was the hardest pain that I ever felt in my life, teeth pain, as hard as it can get is a baby compared to this.

I thought that I would never be able to see from that eye again because of the pain.

As my eye closed, I felt that the seed was stuck inside and started rubbing my closed eye which was a very, very bad idea because the seed spread its "ingredients" at every direction at that point.

I got in the bathroom in front of a mirror and, as my eye was closed because of the pain I couldn't open it without my hands, I used my left hand fingers to open it and my right hand fingers for picking the seed out.

Everything about my eye was red, minutes flew and "luckily" because of the pain I didn't felt my fingers touching my eye and I was able to pick the seed out, but the pain didn't stop.

I flushed the hell out of my eye with water, and after 10 minutes under water the pain started to ease, it was swollen a little bit but not as much as I was expecting it to be...

That little fucking thing is what, like a millimeter long and still can cause the pain like that.

The funny thing is, I see things sharper in the distance with that eye now.

Valhalla

Banned
This sucks, ive never done this before...Im jealous. I will have to do this on purpose. So whats worse, eyes, dick, asshole or nose?

Valhalla said:
This sucks, ive never done this before...Im jealous. I will have to do this on purpose. So whats worse, eyes, dick, asshole or nose?

Just do it all ... at the same time. Come back with news.

Valhalla said:
it helps if you duct tape the head of your penis, pull the duct tape off and then put on the hot pepper.

ampere

Always-honest said:
My brother in law forgot to wash his hands after cutting peppers and ......... fingered his girlfriend.

Yeah.....
Always-honest
(Today, 07:11 PM)

I was waiting for this to be posted

Ouch.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom