• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

God of War: Ascension (PS3, Series Prequel) - Live stream 8AM PST 4/30

Awe... my sexy awesome post disappeared.

Anyway, the description sounds like a sequel but the teaser sounded like a prequel... I think it will be a mix of both. Regardless, day fucking one.

Grymm

Banned
God of War without Kratos would be blasphemy. It wouldn't work and wouldn't sell. It isn't God of War without Kratos.

What if you play as Kratos for the first 30 minutes and then some new guy named Raiden for the rest of the game?

I just hope they deepen and expand the combat system a lot more. So much greatness could come out of this games' combat, it's just hasn't tried that hard yet.

Cautiously excited. And love the leaks.

Bebpo

Banned
Not even close. I just finished it a couple of weeks ago and I honestly can't recall anything from it. The PSP games are entirely forgettable experiences since they lack the epic moments and bosses that make the series memorable (it sure as hell isn't the gameplay).

Ghost of Sparta has a way better story and execution than GoW3. But there's no more room for stories to tell without really really reaching.

V_Ben

Banned
ibluXZ2ImpeF52.gif

That image... perhaps we're going to see the story of how he got those chains. I'd be down with fighting the barbarian hordes as a headstrong Kratos. I could imagine them retelling the events that led him to serve ares, and... oh crikey, they might actually make players kill Kratos' family.

OH WOW!! Ascension!! Wait...didn't he ascended to God status...fell back down...killed everyone......and then some?

okay..whatever. I am ready!!

Dark Schala

Eloquent Princess
Weird. I was reading the other thread and then it vanished.

Anyway... ah. I was wondering if they'd go with a different mythology should they make another GoW game.

KillGore said:
"Kratos would break his _____ to an unjust god"
Blood oath. Edit: beaten twice.

chubigans

y'all should be ashamed
I honestly thought it would be set in modern times, just like Jaffe's original time-traveling vision for the sequel to the first game. Phooey.

Ridley327

If it's really another prequel, then it just feels like they just threw their hands up and gave up on any plotting.

"Let's just make a game where Kratos kills shit with fancy gfx" - entire thought process behind next GoW game.

Give me GoW Modern Warfare or give me GoW Norse.

That's pretty much what I've been wanting since the ending of the first game. It'd be like the beginning of Darksiders, but the whole game instead of that small section. :(

Norse God of War would also be awesome.

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
You didn't expect them to use the God of War in a a game called God of War?

Kratos is badass personafied. Don't want another character, just don't want all the baggage that came with GoW3.

GoW3 ended how it did for a reason. Kratos had a story, it was completed. This feels completely unnecessary and you certainly CAN have a God of War without the original god of war, set in a different time period with a different set of gods.

Alrus

God of War without Kratos would be blasphemy. It wouldn't work and wouldn't sell. It isn't God of War without Kratos.

What's left to tell about Kratos story? And I doubt Kratos is such a well liked character, he's a complete douche in 3.

There's just so much mythologies out there they could use to expand the series, why not use them? :|

Vomiaouaf

Great organized leak (more exciting to think that way!). Sweet trailer. CG work is really delicious, too. Very hyped for this, whether prequel or not.

MrPliskin

Banned
So let's start putting together a list of things we know will happen.

1) We'll start somewhere, and ultimately revisit that area in the end.
o Sex Minigame
2) We'll die and crawl our way out of Hades.
3) We'll gain spells one by one and become more powerful.

Irish

Full transcript:

Many know the story of Kratos- the mortal turned god who brought down the very walls of Olympus, but there was a time before Kratos became the monster known as the Ghost of Sparta. A time where something other than rage consumed him. A time when, in spite of the madness that plagued him, Kratos would break his blood oath to an unjust god. A time when he would no longer be bound in blood.

That image... perhaps we're going to see the story of how he got those chains. I'd be down with fighting the barbarian hordes as a headstrong Kratos. I could imagine them retelling the events that led him to serve ares, and... oh crikey, they might actually make players kill Kratos' family.

Yep. That is exactly what I expect.

Will the GOW3 director still be directing? He is still at SSM.

I liked that all 3 main games had different directors and different feels.

Plus GOW3 was clearly the weaker of the bunch so having someone new at the helm would probably be for the better.

Hope its more then a AC2: Brotherhood semi sequel.

jett

D-Member
thread resurrection. what the hell happened here? would a mod plz stand up

We already know how he got those things. The teaser didn't really tell us anything other than confuse us, lolz.

Brazil

Living in the shadow of Amaz
So freaking disappointed. Can't believe they're actually doing a third prequel.

Ugh, Santa Monica.

Top Bottom