• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Android |OT8| ConFuchsia say beta is better

Asgaro

Did they remove the Google Fit watch face from Android Wear 2,0? damn thing won't appear on this Hauwei watch 2 and Google Fit itself doesn't seem to want to get data from the watch either.

They want you to buy a decent device. A Garmin.

Asgaro

Please, let fans of small phones have something exciting for once.

N9yG7jE.gif

Kinda interested in the device. (If it's coming to Europe at least?)
I was looking forward to the upcoming Sony Xperia Compact, but I've come to realize my Z3C's 4.6" starts to feel a bit too small.
So I'm looking for an increase in screen space while still having a rather compact overall size.

Ferr986

I really like the look of this phone but I feel it's way over priced.

What do you think?

Got it for like 400€ from some shop at Amazon, you can probably get it for even less at Ebay. So far pretty good but didn't had much time to mess with it (busy day!)

Kieli

Is there a way to do a white-list for calls? I keep getting international numbers, so I want to block anything that's not a local number.

JudgeN

Brought a S8+ from Verizon 2 days ago which I love but found out best buy had it for $300 off today. Damn it but man this is nicest phone I've ever owned.

Jintor

Nexus 6p battery drain is a known issue right? This 4hr battery life is insane but I am using the phone actively with the screen and internet and whatever so maybe it's within parameters

Dobsie

Nexus 6p battery drain is a known issue right? This 4hr battery life is insane but I am using the phone actively with the screen and internet and whatever so maybe it's within parameters
Battery drain is a known issue with every android if you've got rogue apps, you can try uninstalling apps you don't use or if that doesn't work a factory reset.
The Nexus 6p has a hardware defect where it will shut down with anywhere from 15-60% battery remaining and won't power back up until you connect it to a charger. If this is what's happening you need to contact Google for an RMA as there is no fix.

Al-ibn Kermit

As I understand it, the jelly display is due to the pixels refreshing bottom to top instead of top to bottom so there is an adjustment period of like a few days for your eyes before your eyes get used to it and the effect "goes away".

If that's true, I could totally live with it. My guess/hope is that the refresh rate shows more judder when being filmed in 30 FPS YouTube videos since some videos make the OP5 jelly effect really obvious and in others you don't notice it at all.

DrFurbs

Battery drain is a known issue with every android if you've got rogue apps, you can try uninstalling apps you don't use or if that doesn't work a factory reset.
The Nexus 6p has a hardware defect where it will shut down with anywhere from 15-60% battery remaining and won't power back up until you connect it to a charger. If this is what's happening you need to contact Google for an RMA as there is no fix.

I'm in a contract with a mobile provider in the UK. My battery is definitely acting up. Do I contact Google or the company I bought the phone from?

Saiyan-Rox

As I understand it, the jelly display is due to the pixels refreshing bottom to top instead of top to bottom so there is an adjustment period of like a few days for your eyes before your eyes get used to it and the effect "goes away".

If that's true, I could totally live with it. My guess/hope is that the refresh rate shows more judder when being filmed in 30 FPS YouTube videos since some videos make the OP5 jelly effect really obvious and in others you don't notice it at all.

For what it's worth I don't notice and never have noticed it and I'm usually really particular with such things

Once seen it can't be unseen

Quasar

It's going to be stock Android with like a custom app to connect to Essential for updates. Expecting more is just setting yourself up for disappointment.

And some kind of integration with Essential Home, though that's a ways off. All in all my preferred outcome. I'd not want some shitty skinified Android that slows down updates to a crawl.

Dobsie

I'm in a contract with a mobile provider in the UK. My battery is definitely acting up. Do I contact Google or the company I bought the phone from?
Try Google first, they may say you need to go through the mobile provider, but in my experience their UK support is really good. (I'm in the UK too)

DrFurbs

Try Google first, they may say you need to go through the mobile provider, but in my experience their UK support is really good. (I'm in the UK too)

Thank you.

On another note, I'm thinking I might jump with the new Sony Xperia xz Premium. But as usual, in worried about the battery since there thing has a pointless 4k screen to power!

Why didn't they just go QHD and prolong battery?

Jeffrey

Thank you.

On another note, I'm thinking I might jump with the new Sony Xperia xz Premium. But as usual, in worried about the battery since there thing has a pointless 4k screen to power!

Reviews say battery is average.

4k is their bulletpoint. Otherwise it's a giant bezel phone that cost Samsung price

I just need to know that pixel XL 2 battery size and if it has notification led. If it has good battery of 3400mah+ and notification led I'm in.

kaiyo

Thank you.

Most of the time it's running at 1080p resolution, it's only running 4k when needed e.g. photos, 4k videos, etc. Though, running at a higher resolution doesn't affect the battery that much, unless you are runing a game trying to push that many pixels.

no media uses QHD.

Noema

Is there an app that displays iOS emojis, rather than Samsungs?

At a Global OS level you need Root, and I think Xposed as well.

Certain apps use iOS Emojis within the App, like Whatsapp, but you'll still see the OS's emojis in notifications and such for the messages. It's a weird disconnect.

DrFurbs

Most of the time it's running at 1080p resolution, it's only running 4k when needed e.g. photos, 4k videos, etc. Though, running at a higher resolution doesn't affect the battery that much, unless you are runing a game trying to push that many pixels.

no media uses QHD.

Just seen the size of it.. I'm out
Too big.

After being at a con all weekend, I can definitely say I'm getting real fucking tired of my shitty battery life on my Nexus 6P. Holy shit do I need the Pixel 2 XL in my life right now.

Top Bottom