• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fire Emblem Awakening |OT2| PAL reinforcements

Qurupeke

One question:

After the ending will you be able to do the paralogues and anything that remains unfinished? When the game ends, does it restart or stops on the last save(before the last chapter)?

Jumping in to my first Fire Emblem game and I plan on going Classic mode with no resets, am I crazy?

No resets means you'll likely be fucked after a point. Might not be bad on normal but on hard your units can die in a couple hits early on. Single hits for healers.

See how you go but this series errs more on the RPG side of SRPG. Units are meant to be trained and trained a lot. Some of the situations you get into can be really ugly if you're under-levelled.

But of course.

Yes. If you play like that you risk a cascading faliure where losing your best units will make it nearly impossible to proceed in the game. That and no one gets left behind.

No resets means you'll likely be fucked after a point. Might not be bad on normal but on hard your units can die in a couple hits early on. Single hits for healers.

See how you go but this series errs more on the RPG side of SRPG. Units are meant to be trained and trained a lot. Some of the situations you get into can be really ugly if you're under-levelled.

I'll keep these in mind. I'm playing on normal so I'll see how it goes for now. If I start losing too many I'll just start all over. It's a fun game so it wouldn't be that big of a deal.

Tempy

don't ask me for codes
This week's DLC is up in Europe. It's Summer Scramble, and the Irreconcilable Paths side story as well as the Shadow Dragon teams.

But(t) I know what you all want to know, really, don't I? The answer is... Nope! Tharja's butt is not censored in Europe. We even get the sparkles.

HALLELUJAH!

/avatar quote

Kincaido

Got 99 problems and only one of them is a waifu
This week's DLC is up in Europe. It's Summer Scramble, and the Irreconcilable Paths side story as well as the Shadow Dragon teams.

But(t) I know what you all want to know, really, don't I? The answer is... Nope! Tharja's butt is not censored in Europe. We even get the sparkles.

Too hot for murrica =(

Semajer

(;_;)7

But this just makes the decision to censor the Nowi-Tharja conversation in Harvest Scramble even more confusing.

Frost_Ace

The final battle. My body is ready.

Brace+yourselves.+too+many+damn+feels_e26c64_3785839.jpg

PK Gaming

Good to know that nintendo of europe appreciates a good ass

depths20XX

Been enjoying this game but I feel like the characters dying doesn't really work right. They often seem too important to lose. In something like X-COM it works and I keep on trudging if I lose a character. They're generic soldiers and you get to name them and watch their kills as they grow. In a way it's fun to laugh about them dying. In this I almost always want to reset. There's no fan fair or anything like a graveyard to view lost units either. That would make it a little more interesting.

OceanBlue

Been enjoying this game but I feel like the characters dying doesn't really work right. They often seem too important to lose. In something like X-COM it works and I keep on trudging if I lose a character. They're generic soldiers and you get to name them and watch their kills as they grow. In a way it's fun to laugh about them dying. In this I almost always want to reset. There's no fan fair or anything like a graveyard to view lost units either. That would make it a little more interesting.

I think that if a game makes you feel bad about non-generic characters dying, it's doing something right, not wrong :p. I'm fine with the game not rewarding you for a character dying, especially after Shadow Dragon.

depths20XX

I think that if a game makes you feel bad about non-generic characters dying, it's doing something right, not wrong :p. I'm fine with the game not rewarding you for a character dying, especially after Shadow Dragon.

Well I like the non-genericness of the characters for sure. It's just like "oops they're dead" then you never hear anything about it again. I'm not hoping to be rewarded but a graveyard screen listing their kills/level/etc. would have been cool. Granted I'm only like 8 chapters in so maybe there is something like that?

axisofweevils

Holy crap! Today's real megaton is that more than two people can have the same first name.
So America got the "Boingy Bits" dialogue, but we get the butt

NOE > NOA

Kristoph_Desk_Pound_4.gif

Nowi x Gregor, tell me I was not the only one that did this.
Nope, I did that too. Seemed like the best pairing for her.

And hurrah for Nintendo Europe not censoring Tharja, I was holding out hope on that since Europe seems to be generally more forgiving towards suggestive content.

Top Bottom