• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

XBOX One X |OT| X Gon' give it to ya

Thanks man I’m so freaking excited. Just got home and gonna hook it up! I called ahead and some real nice guy said they had a cancellation and had one Scorpio and held it for me until I got there.

Thats love when they actually hold it for you! Did you get any One X Enhanced games with it?

Vkandrew

Thats love when they actually hold it for you! Did you get any One X Enhanced games with it?

My wife bought me Origins for my birthday but I have been waiting to play for when I got the X. I have Quantum break and Halo Wars 2 which I haven’t played yet and my wife hijacked $60 of my points for Disneyland Adventure and Pixar rush but I’m not holding my breath that they will push the boundaries of the system haha.

Wow, played a few matches of Halo 5 before going to bed. The 4K update makes a big difference. Looks great. Also tried out the Insects Tech Demo, was pretty amazing. Especially the difference with HDR On and Off.

VCALMLIKEABOMBV

Neo Member
FYI If you can hold off a few weeks there are some killer deals on some X enhanced games for black Friday. Assassins Creed is 30, so is Wolfenstein II at target.
I usually get the games through xbox store or psn, but I am kinda torn with the X. I have a 4 gig External drive but from what I can tell it's not near as fast as the X hard drive. I might be going back to physical games just to even save 10gb of space.

I am pretty shocked they didn't have the launch at 2tb with all the spaced needed.

No Patch for RedOut yet, game is clearly running at 30fps and is not in 4K. Im going to go on Twitter and ask the developers when Patch will be ready.

About to download COD WW2 now.

I am BEYOND frustrated at the moment. RedOut has no Patch, COD WW2 no Patch (Only 54gb download), my TV will not allow me to put COD in "Game" mode, which has never happened before. Game mode on my LGUH8500 has half the lag as opposed to any other Pic Mode, LG Updated this feature on this model TV just for us gamers about 8 Months ago!

I'll figure this all out, but c'mon, i didn't expect this much frustration right out the gate.

CrazyDutch

Neo Member
It's so pretty and tiny! Looks cute next to my big fat PS4 Pro. ;)
Update went very fast (778MB)

fu3drZY.jpeg

OiHDR9Q.jpeg

XzQwVCw.jpeg

U9mGeKu.jpeg

JB5CfxV.jpeg

A decent video showing a One S V a One X at 1080p on side by side monitors.

https://youtu.be/7QDAZzmF3W8

It is a blind test where the YouTuber tests two games. Super Lucky's Tale and Assassin's Creed Origins.

Super Lucky's Tale is not so obvious until he moves around. Assassin's Creed he tells instantly.

Can Someone play Battlefield 1 and tell me if the loading time is any better?

Its such a painful experience waiting so long to then getting stomped by the other team

I fugured it out with the TV...

It's not MS as far as the Game Mode thingy with my TV, Its my TV! lol Apparently my LG forgot about the firmware i installed 8 Months ago, so i have to reinstal. Just weird. I figured this out by installing Alien Isolation, which i always had/played in game mode after firmware update, and now Alien won't even play in Game Mode.

So as a Recap before heading off to sleep...

RedOut NO Patch, COD No Patch, Wolfenstein HAS ITS PATCH!!! :D

Nite fellas

Yo, that boot up intro..😈🔥

Console is so slick and clean..just a drop dead gorgeous design..Phil and the team is on the mission.

JohnnyFootball

GerAlt-Right. Ciriously.
Holy shit. I just started up Fallout 3 and the difference is god send. It is beyond incredible how good they made a 360 game look.

dcll

Banned
I guess I need to look on a 4k display because on the computer I am on now it isnt big at all, would a 5k imac 27" I also have show me the difference?

Srry came out kinna blurry, noticed my cam settings slipped to 2k instead of 4k shots..

Still amazes me how silent this little unit is, not a goddamn sound playing graphics hungry games. The Insect tech demo was bananas, difference night and day in the showpiece they got set up...plus everything fast UI, game loading..etc.

No more struggles for X to play a gm 1080p..fuk that we talking 4k multi-plats, X gon give it to ya, it's a wrap folks.

20171107_132445_zpsoopwaqod.jpeg

20171107_132617_zpswx5pdpaa.jpeg

20171107_132729_zpsn4iywgqw.jpeg

20171107_141118_zpszcczaran.jpeg

20171107_141335_zpsgeio3n5k.jpeg

Is running games off an external any slower than running of the internal drive? Should I look for a 7200RPM external?

DF would prolly have a better answer for you..Xs 1tb internal so far blazing fast. I have a 4tb fully loaded with games from S about to hook it up, but can't see being faster than internal tbh.

shinnn

Does anyone know if it will work with Dell HDR monitors? Even if QHD?

I want to replace my monitor before the TV.

Top Bottom