• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Guild Wars 2 public Beta is here for pre-purchases! [Stress Test June 27th]

Status
Not open for further replies.
It begs the question - what single player game is most like GW2 in essence?

I would say Witcher 2.

Action combat, awesome!

I am playing that right now. Actually I was really enjoying it before the BWE and now I go and finish a couple of quests for about 30 minutes and then I just stop it and come to the this thread and the GW2 subreddit.

This withdrawal is not good.

A couple of days ago I had a dream where ArenaNet announced the date for the release of the game...September 3rd. It would be awesome if that dream came true but not so awesome because there would be no GW2 all summer.

Complistic

I would say Witcher 2.

Action combat, awesome!

I dunno it reminds me a lot of Dragon Age Origins. Different races with different backgrounds and personal stories. Combat system where you take 10ish skills into combat. Dragonz. I'm sure there's other things.

ShaneB

I'm playing Dungeon Siege 3 to pass the time.

It's not a terrible game, but yeah...

Playing Arkham City, and enjoying the hell out of it.

It's all about keeping busy! Diablo 3 next week, I go to the gym, 3/4 times a week, working, etc etc etc. I mean I miss playing GW2, but it'll come out eventually.

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
Playing Arkham City, and enjoying the hell out of it.

It's all about keeping busy! Diablo 3 next week, I go to the gym, 3/4 times a week, working, etc etc etc. I mean I miss playing GW2, but it'll come out eventually.

I miss having time for games in the first place :( fulltime work, university and a gf, all together leaves little time for games... (and yes, I'm working on combining games&gf. Slowly but surely I'll make it work. Got her hooked on Dungeon Raid, an iphone rpg-ish game. Baby steps.)

I'm scared I won't have enough time for GW2 in the fall, SOMETHING will suffer. I'm hoping for an early september release, for those personal reasons. :p

This has become like an AA meeting and we are all sharing our withdrawal stories and how we ate able to move forward.

Don't know if it's more sad or funny!

Jira

I"m going to guess cooking benefits don't last on death?

I'd guess the ones that say lasts for 1 hour would persist, but if I remember correctly the ones with no timers are one life as far as I can remember. Granted I didn't test any of this out, but I will next BWE.

Retro

This has become like an AA meeting and we are all sharing our withdrawal stories and how we ate able to move forward.

People at AA meetings are recovering addicts. We, on the other hand, are junkies who have to wait an absurdly long time before their next fix. We're not looking to kick the habit, we're wishing we could dig deeper in.

Smiley90

People at AA meetings are recovering addicts. We, on the other hand, are junkies who have to wait an absurdly long time before their next fix. We're not looking to kick the habit, we're wishing we could dig deeper in.

Those people need help too!

gunbo13

Then I would be a non-junkie who hangs out with the junkies destined to become a junkie? I'm confused. Where's the D.A.R.E. lion when you need him?

inky

Hi, my name is inky and I have a problem... my problem is I can't fucking play GW2 right now!!!!! I keep launching the game and nothing happens T.T

Been rummaging through the forums and I noticed they didn't specify if dyes/cosmetic equipment will be be account bound or character bound. During the beta it was character bound, and in the threads complaining about this they wouldn't commit to an answer.

My guess is that they are still considering their options, but in this case there is only one acceptable option. If they go with the character bound stuff I will be very disappointed. It is also worth noting that there are quotes out there specifying that dyes at least would be account bound, BUT again, in these threads I read, devs would post but never gave a clear answer.

Smiley90

Then I would be a non-junkie who hangs out with the junkies destined to become a junkie? I'm confused. Where's the D.A.R.E. lion when you need him?

You have the needles ready, you're just waiting for the stuff. Me too. The others are discussing whether meth or coke are adequate gap-fillers until they get their hands on more heroin.

Hi, my name is inky and I have a problem... my problem is I can't fucking play GW2 right now!!!!! I keep launching the game and nothing happens T.T

Been rummaging through the forums and I noticed they didn't specify if dyes/cosmetic equipment will be be account bound or character bound. During the beta it was character bound, and in the threads complaining about this they wouldn't commit to an answer.

My guess is that they are still considering their options, but in this case there is only one acceptable option. If they go with the character bound stuff I will be very disappointed. It is also worth noting that there are quotes out there specifying that dyes at least would be account bound, BUT again, in these threads I read, devs would post but never gave a clear answer.

They have always given the impression they would be account wide. At least the dyes would. I believe one of them got asked it in an interview and they said its the way they did it before and would probably would do that again.

I kind of find it hard to believe they wouldn't be account wide if we have to wait for 24 hrs for each dye. 400 dyes and 24 hrs for at least 300 of those on each character? Id rather them be more rare drops and account wide with the 24 hr wait.

nataku

I could see them going for a hybrid option. Dye unlocked through the game character bound but dye packs bought through the store account bound.

They still have dye packs in the store, right?

Jira

http://www.examiner.com/article/guild-wars-2-public-beta-impressions-part-1

Some 4 part impressions, not that we really need to read them now.

I compare this game to others I’ve been fond of for a reason. It’s not that I think Guild Wars 2 will destroy what they are, but it’s to illuminate what those games are missing and why I don’t play them anymore. Guild Wars 2 is pushing the genre in a new and better direction. That’s something the MMO has needed for a while now. It’s not perfect and it certainly won’t please every gamer in the world; however, it’s a game that will change the way we play MMOs. That’s astounding.

ShaneB

I miss having time for games in the first place :( fulltime work, university and a gf, all together leaves little time for games... (and yes, I'm working on combining games&gf. Slowly but surely I'll make it work. Got her hooked on Dungeon Raid, an iphone rpg-ish game. Baby steps.)

I'm scared I won't have enough time for GW2 in the fall, SOMETHING will suffer. I'm hoping for an early september release, for those personal reasons. :p

I can understand, I really don't want to fall back into my mmo addiction I had when I played WoW.

Come summer time I really don't like spending all my time on games anyway, so like you, a lot of my time is often spent elsewhere. At least with something like GW2, it's not exactly a race to end game, so it does cater to different levels of playtime.

Ashodin

I keep slinking back to other MMOs in vain... I just went back to some Allods Online (the free WoW clone).

It's like playing antiquated, the game.

inky

I just went back to some Allods Online (the free WoW clone).

Wasn't that Runes of Magic something or other? ;P

The good news for me is that I have never been addicted to an MMO (before), the bad news is that my irl friends who play are very few and scattered between a shitload of them, like LOTRO, WOW and even some stupid Korean ones and have no interest in GW2 the fools.

Smiley90

I keep slinking back to other MMOs in vain... I just went back to some Allods Online (the free WoW clone).

It's like playing antiquated, the game.

Play Vindictus, train your dodge-skills :p

EDIT: if my old account still exists I'll even give you my old level gear... What was I... 70ish, I don't remember...

Ashodin

Runes of Magic is very similar - but Allods is my favorite. The game looks good, plays good, and is still kinda interesting in that WoW way, I just never have anyone to play with usually so I close it after a couple minutes, haha. I've rerolled the same character like three times because I get bored of the guy's face. But each time I've done it it's been a while, so the game has changed a lot since then.

Play Vindictus, train your dodge-skills :p

I actually practice them in any MMO I play, including allods. Still fun doing that.

Jira

The good news for me is that had never been addicted to an MMO (before), the bad news is that my irl friends who play are very few and scattered between a shitload of them, like LOTRO, WOW and even some stupid Korean ones and have no interest in GW2 the fools.

RoM and Allods were both F2P WoW clones.

gunbo13

I can understand, I really don't want to fall back into my mmo addiction I had when I played WoW.

Come summer time I really don't like spending all my time on games anyway, so like you, a lot of my time is often spent elsewhere. At least with something like GW2, it's not exactly a race to end game, so it does cater to different levels of playtime.
Same story for me except sub WoW for GW1. I was partly on the fence this time cause I didn't want to get sucked into PvP again. I figured though that GW2 won't require the same level of study as GW1. I spent a good amount of time testing, building, spectating, and other non-playing shit with GW1. It was like homework before a test. I don't feel GW2 will be remotely the same and with no monthly fee, I can justify rocking the game.

I guess that makes more sense.

I hope they don't make BWE2 on the weekend of the 18th because I will be away to a place with only 3G access. *crosses fingers*

Totalriot

Amazon.de is sending out mails saying the release date has been moved to September 28. They had July 26. before this.

I guess this is just speculation on their part but it would suck.

Jira

Amazon.de is sending out mails saying the release date has been moved to September 28. They had July 26. before this.

I guess this is just speculation on their part but it would suck.

Of course it's speculation, no retailer knows the date.

J-Rzez

Speak for yourselves. I still do summer time things but i personally love summer gaming. Just got some awesome deck furniture with that in mind. Gimme the game nao! If it doesnt release until sept id be pissed, especially considering how long that would have been since we gave them full price for the game.

Jira

Speak for yourselves. I still do summer time things but i personally love summer gaming. Just got some awesome deck furniture with that in mind. Gimme the game nao! If it doesnt release until sept id be pissed, especially considering how long that would have been since we gave them full price for the game.

Hence why it's releasing in July. :D

RealMeat

Banned

I would say Witcher 2.

Action combat, awesome!

Xenoblade's actually pretty close. Active combat, no mana just skill cool-downs, big open world. Even has some similar cross-class stuff between your party members.

The silence from ArenaNet is not fun at all. Withdrawal is getting worse.

I saw that video of the dungeon armours. I was wondering how much glory or whatever the reward that you get from finishing is called, is needed to buy a whole set.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom