• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker HD is $59.99 at Amazon

NR1

I didn't want to start a new topic for this, so I'm just going to place this here and hope anyone that is interested will see it...

The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker HD is $49.99 at Amazon

At the E3 demo events at Best Buy, there were flyers at the demo station that listed all the games as $59.99 (Mario Worlds, Mario Kart, Donkey Kong, and WInd Waker). Since that was an official Nintendo event, I would imagine that wasn't a speculation price on Best Buy's part, but rather what Nintendo intends to sell those games for. $49.99 is a great deal seeing as Nintendo games rarely drop in price; primarily Mario and Zelda games at that.

I didn't want to start a new topic for this, so I'm just going to place this here and hope anyone that is interested will see it...

At the E3 demo events at Best Buy, there were flyers at the demo station that listed all the games as $59.99 (Mario Worlds, Mario Kart, Donkey Kong, and WInd Waker). Since that was an official Nintendo event, I would imagine that wasn't a speculation price on Best Buy's part, but rather what Nintendo intends to sell those games for. $49.99 is a great deal seeing as Nintendo games rarely drop in price; primarily Mario and Zelda games at that.

Good catch. I remember just yesterday (really...it was literally just yesterday) the price being $59.99.

I wonder if Nintendo lowered the MSRP, considering it's just a remake.

zroid

Banned
I was hoping for $39.99, but $49.99 seems about right, given Nintendo tax.

Quite likely this is the MSRP.

This has more work done to it than most HD remixes right? I mean, even the bare bones ones are 20 bucks, I thought.

Yeah anyone genuinely expecting this to have been less than $30 obviously hasn't been paying attention to the entire PS360 generation. More likely trolling.

Yeah anyone genuinely expecting this to have been less than $30 obviously hasn't been paying attention to the entire PS360 generation. More likely trolling.
Yea paying 40$ retail for SH collection the 50$ for this seems more than worth it.

Drago

$50 is too high, relative to basically every single other HD remake (and the $40 ones included multiple games)

Should be $40 max. Still, this was always going to be a rental for me so whatever.

rockx4

It needs to go down about $10 more. Better than $59.99 but not by much for an HD remaster.

borghe

Loves the Greater Toronto Area
What a joke, it should at maximum 20usd.
The only other remake anywhere near this scale was, well.. REmake. And that was full price when released. Expecting it to be priced the same as other remakes that just up the resolution and add some AA and filtering is idiotic.

It needs to go down about $10 more. Better than $59.99 but not by much for an HD remaster.
$50 is too high, relative to basically every single other HD remake (and the $40 ones included multiple games)
Read up on the game. Redone art assets, textures, shaders, etc on top of the technical improvements. This is far more rework than "every single other HD remake".

Sweet deal? What?

- One of the most popular Zelda titles.

- Actual reworking done the the mechanics and design.

- More than just basic resolution upgrades

- A few new things

- Nintendo

Yeah, I expected $60. Have you seen their VC prices? Why would they only charge a slightly doubled price when they have to worry about packaging and whatnot on top of actually improving the game? Genuinely asking.

30 dollars is what it should be as the changes arent that substantial and 40 is the max i would expect for a 1 game hd "remake". Its not worth over double the price of regular hd remakes for what they did. This is in no way a good deal especially when the game looks mediocre anyway

foxuzamaki

Doesn't read OPs, especially not his own
Wow I think my post didn't send when this got split :( guess ill post it again.
I think people fail to realize that this is an actual remake and not just a remaster being called a remake for PR's sake which now that I think about it, it makes this even more awesome as this game is 1080p, some remasters don't even go up to full HD

Aren't most HD remakes over $30 during the PS360 generation compilations of several games? This is just the one game.

Persona7

Banned
Overpriced for a single upgraded port even if it does have a few changes.

Not compared to other HD version compilations, are you trolling?
Wow I think my post didn't send when this got split :( guess ill post it again.
I think people fail to realize that this is an actual remake and not just a remaster being called a remake for PR's sake which now that I think about it, it makes this even more awesome as this game is 1080p, some remasters don't even go up to full HD

Proof?

Aren't most HD remakes over $30 during the PS360 generation compilations of several games? This is just the one game.

Yep, FFX+X-2 HD is cheaper than this

Also im very hesitant to say this is any way a remake when other hd ports also redid portions of the entire code.

amr

Banned
Honestly, I expected $60, so I'm pleasantly surprised.

I guess I'm out of touch. Although I also didn't expect Diablo III to be $40, which lots of people on GAF did.

Evenflow

Quick ebay sold search, it goes for $35-$45 used on Gamecube easy.

I think the gamepad item management and map plus off tv play make this more than worth it, it's not a quick port. Not to mention the widescreen + HD

rockx4

Yep, FFX+X-2 HD is cheaper than this

Also im very hesitant to say this is any way a remake when other hd ports also redid portions of the entire code.

Pretty much this, I look at the FFX+X-2 HD pack and it makes this look insanely expensive. I don't see how WWHD is a remake at all, isn't it 30fps because of it's using the animations from the GC version? It looks like all they did was up the resolution, add bloom, tweak some gameplay mechanics and added some new textures. It looks great, but it's definitely not a remake. It's as much of a remake as FFX HD.

- One of the most popular Zelda titles.

- Actual reworking done the the mechanics and design.

- More than just basic resolution upgrades

- A few new things

- Nintendo

Yeah, I expected $60. Have you seen their VC prices? Why would they only charge a slightly doubled price when they have to worry about packaging and whatnot on top of actually improving the game? Genuinely asking.

Because HD Collections were doing it for less. And, no, Nintendo is not a 'new feature'.

Velcro Fly

You can barely even find the Gamecube version of this game used for less than $40. There are tons of things to bash Nintendo for and this is definitely not one of them.

You can barely even find the Gamecube version of this game used for less than $40. There are tons of things to bash Nintendo for and this is definitely not one of them.

This is awful logic when rare games get rereleased for normal prices a good number of the time. This is the same logic with the recent Earthbound release. Just because they can do it doesnt mean we should say its okay. And no this is not the biggest deal ever as it will probably drop in price later

Velcro Fly

This is awful logic when rare games get rereleased for normal prices a good number of the time. This is the same logic with the recent Earthbound release. Just because they can do it doesnt mean we should say its okay

Ok. People can wait until the game is $30 to buy if they feel that strongly about it. Good luck playing through the game in 2018.

They are at that price precisely because there has not been another realease in another hardware.

Have you looked the price of ZOE2 before its HD Release?

GulAtiCa

OOT 3D and Starfox 64 3D got released at full price. This is not surprising to me. I always expected it to be around this price

Ok. People can wait until the game is $30 to buy if they feel that strongly about it. Good luck playing through the game in 2018.

With the way wiiu is selling, it might be on discount by early next year so i can wait.

He wasn't listing 'new features,' and how often do HD Collections do more than bump up the resolution?

Actually many times a shit ton of work goes in these hd ports. There is no hd port button

Murrah

Banned
Pretty much this, I look at the FFX+X-2 HD pack and it makes this look insanely expensive. I don't see how WWHD is a remake at all, isn't it 30fps because of it's using the animations from the GC version? It looks like all they did was up the resolution, add bloom, tweak some gameplay mechanics and added some new textures. It looks great, but it's definitely not a remake. It's as much of a remake as FFX HD.

Could've sworn this was confirmed to be 60fps but I guess I might be thinking of A Link Between Worlds. Not that that justifies the pricing either way

But yeah, despite being someone who loves Windwaker and is content starved on the Wii U this was probably always gonna be the one Nintendo title that I was probably passing on for the backhalf unless they're hiding some major new content

This is awful logic when rare games get rereleased for normal prices a good number of the time. This is the same logic with the recent Earthbound release. Just because they can do it doesnt mean we should say its okay. And no this is not the biggest deal ever as it will probably drop in price later

I guess it would've been OK for Earthbound on VC to release at $100, since it goes for $170+ on eBay...

Top Bottom