• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Has Nintendo Convinced You to Buy a Wii U Yet?

Mariolee

Now we all know that the Wii U has gotten flack for not having any games that supposedly pushed the platform to its best potential and some criticizing it for having lackluster release titles that hadn't yet convinced them that investing in the Wii U was worth it. I myself was one of those who figured that jumping into the Wii U just wasn't worth it.

And then we had the Nintendo Direct today.
NEW YOSHI GAME. WIND WAKER HD. FIRE EMBLEM X SHIN MEGAMI TENSEI. NEW MONOLITH GAME. CONFIRMED SMASH BROS, NEW MARIO, BAYONETTA 2, AND MARIO KART AT E3.

As I said in another thread, it's as if Nintendo went online and literally looked at every piece of wild speculation surrounding this Direct and made it a reality. So with these Nintendo titles, are you finally willing to invest in the Wii U, or does Nintendo still need to do something else and if so, what is that thing?

Celegus

Once they announce a new Metroid, sign me up. This was a great step in that direction though, Wii U is definitely sounding tempting.

olimpia84

Now we all know that the Wii U has gotten flack for not having any games that supposedly pushed the platform to its best potential and some criticizing it for having lackluster release titles that hadn't yet convinced them that investing in the Wii U was worth it. I myself was one of those who figured that jumping into the Wii U just wasn't worth it.

NEW YOSHI GAME. WIND WAKER HD. FIRE EMBLEM X SHIN MEGAMI TENSEI. CONFIRMED SMASH BROS, NEW MARIO, AND AND MARIO KART AT E3.

As I said in another thread, it's as if Nintendo went online and literally looked at every piece of wild speculation surrounding this Direct and made it a reality. So with these Nintendo titles, are you finally willing to invest in the Wii U, or does Nintendo still need to do something else and if so, what is that thing?

You forgot to mention the new Monolith game that seems to be a sequel for Xenoblade...looks effing amazing.
I already own a WiiU so I'm all set :)

Valnen

Nope. For first party...something Pokemon related might have pushed me, like perhaps a Pokemon Stadium game for Gen 6.

I was always gonna get one because I knew games would come. Has it convinced me to get one sooner? Not really. But it made me for excited for when I eventually do get it. I'll have lots of games I want to play.

Sandfox

I'm guessing that the two updates are going to address a lot of issues that people are having with the device due to Iwata's wording so a lot of people may be holding off until we find out what they contain.

very convinced. This is why I like when they actually give us information about games that aren't about to come out, so we have something to look forward to.

zeitgeist

I already know I will get one eventually but even though the ND was awesome, I won't be rushing out to buy one any time soon.

dc89

If I could get a Basic package for £180 - yup I'm totally in.

I don't want a premium, Basic will do me nicely. It's currently £222 on Amazon.co.uk down from £250 at launch.

If 3D Mario looks amazing at e3, they drop the price and X gets localized then sure, I probably buy one.

NEW YOSHI GAME. WIND WAKER HD. FIRE EMBLEM X SHIN MEGAMI TENSEI. CONFIRMED SMASH BROS, NEW MARIO, AND AND MARIO KART AT E3.

Yoshi game based on Epic Yarn worries me tho since that game wasn't exactly good :(.

Derrick01

Banned
I am almost there with that new monolith game. All I need is a guarantee from them that it's mostly a SP story-driven game.

I also need more games because I don't buy systems for 1 game. More Mario/Zelda/Smash and all that stuff does absolutely 0 for me. I was tired of them 10 years ago and I still am.

Takuya

Banned
No.

The good games won't be arriving till late 2013 and into 2014+, by then Sony and Microsoft's next-gen consoles will be released, and there will be no time for the Wii U.

still not convinced. sigh.

John Dunbar

correct about everything
i don't really see anything that wasn't pretty much guaranteed to appear on a nintendo system anyway, except maybe fire emblem + tensei, but i don't care about that anyway. i'm still waiting for a price drop.

Shahed

I was always going to buy a Wii U. I've said in the past it would always be a Zelda and another RPG from Monolith Soft that would get me on board, and today has confirmed that.

Still will be a while before I get one though

dude819

Not at all.

The current Nintendo franchises don't really do it for me and I was hoping for an announcement of anything new.

Obviously they won't do that since they make money on the current ones and no one ever calls them out for being lazy and rehashing the same stuff over and over and over.

I'll stick to MS and Sony.

Des0lar

will learn eventually
No, because I already knew great first party games were coming.

I am still not seeing the value now and most of these titles are 2014 releases probably.
Maybe I'll get a WiiU at a discounted price somewhere around 2015. Also I still want to see more third party exclusives.

vall03

Yup, most probably getting one during the holidays which is always the time I buy new hardware.

SMTxFire Emblem already sold me, add to that Wind Waker. Theres still 3D Mario, Mario Kart and Smash on E3. More than enough reason for me to get the console.

Top Bottom