• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Airplane travel, carry ons and shaving Razors

Status
Not open for further replies.
So, do they allow you to take your shaving razor on the plane?

I use Gillette Mach 3's, and going on a 4 day trip and having recently decided to keep myself clean shaven wanted to take it. But online sites are confusing me on whether its allowed or not.

So GAF, help me out.

I don't want to use the shitty use and throw blades they give at the hotel when you ask for one.

slider

cartoon_soldier said:
So much confusing info, some people say they have had no issues with it. lol.

Where you going to? There's no way I could predict but if it's the US/NA definitely don't do it! It's not a huge deal tbh; if they don't let them through they'll throw them in the bin and you'll be out of pocket by a few $/£/#.

Korey

Your question was answered in the first reply, not sure why you're still confused. Just put it in your regular luggage.

cartoon_soldier said:

I use Gillette Mach 3's, and going on a 4 day trip and having recently decided to keep myself clean shaven wanted to take it. But online sites are confusing me on whether its allowed or not.

So GAF, help me out.

I don't want to use the shitty use and throw blades they give at the hotel when you ask for one.

I have carried Mach 3 and Mach 5 blades in my carry on baggage multiple times.

Now that I have moved to razor blades for shaving, I just keep a couple of Mach 3s as spares to go in the carry on baggage while travelling.

BTMash

I had tried to take mine on my carry-on baggage last year and they asked me to throw it out.

So not allowed.

suffah

Does maths and stuff
I always bring my Mach3 style blades.

The key is to DISENGAGE the blades.

I have a toiletry bag with a shitload of stuff in it, when you disengage the blade the razor looks like a tooth brush or something else.

I've done this about a dozen times without incident.

cartoon_soldier said:

So GAF, help me out.

Just a tip.
Gillette Custom Plus Pivot Razors are pretty good throw away razors just in case.

tokkun

I've never had a problem with safety razors. I have, on the other hand, had my shaving cream thrown out on more than one occasion.

esquire

Has waited diligently to think of something to say before making this post
The correct answer is, it depends on the airport you are flying out of. TSA does not have consistent security measures across all the different security companies they hire to run airport security. Some airports are more strict than others (Reagan is the strictest I've flown out of). If you want to carry your razors in your hand luggage, do so being prepared to throw them out should airport security request you to do so.

Ok, I'm confused about the liquid restrictions. I'm moving overseas and I want to take my shampoo, body wash, etc. There are no restrictions on the amount of liquid you take as long as you put it in your checked bag, right?

thespot84

^^that's correct, the 3 oz liquid restriction is for carry-on only. you can check most anything. (guns require registration, no explosives etc)

I fly from Denver to other major cities (NY, LA, Seattle, San Fran, DC etc) once to twice a month, and I've carried a mach 3 with 3 or 4 blades in my carry-on every time without hassle.

thespot84 said:
^^that's correct, the 3 oz liquid restriction is for carry-on only. you can check most anything. (guns require registration, no explosives etc)

I fly from Denver to other major cities (NY, LA, Seattle, San Fran, DC etc) once to twice a month, and I've carried a mach 3 with 3 or 4 blades in my carry-on every time without hassle.

Thank you so much!

mac said:
What? It's not a problem at all. Hell, in jail they give you safety razors to use.

First time flying?

No, but before this I had never had to take a shaving razor. If I needed to, I would just have the hotel send me the use and throw one and use it.

Its only in the last 3 weeks I have decided to be clean shaven, i.e. not have my goatee even anymore, so I need to take my Mach 3 for a good shave.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom