• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo Dream (FEB 2007) scans

Alex

Ring of Fates looks good, but I'm still so bummed out about it not having online play.

Revenant Wings looks great.

A Wonderful World looks like absolute puke but hey, look who's behind it.

Dragon Quest is Dragon Quest, it'ls going to rock.

TreIII

Ahhh, IaWW and FFXII: RW both looking good. These, along with Heroes of Mana will definitely be mine soon enough. DS 2D FTW, indeed... :D

Error

Jealous of the Glory that is Johnny Depp
horii hinted at possible remakes of old DQs for the DS in those scans apparently (credit goes to dark10x)

!!!!!!

Chrono

Banned
<3 how Revenant Wings + Wonderful World look. How many games is square enix making for the DS? :lol I'm also interested in DQIX and Front Mission. And I still have to buy FFIII. Oh and the GBA ones of course, can't forget those. I've got IV and will be getting V and VI whenever the hell I start thinning at least my handheld backlog. @_@

Alex

Error2k4 said:
horii hinted at possible remakes of old DQs for the DS in those scans apparently (credit goes to dark10x)

!!!!!!

IV IV IV IV IV IV IV IV IV IV IV IV IV IV IV IV

Sonsabitches cheated us, look at the back of the DWVII manual and weep. THEY OWE US

Saoh

Alex said:
Ring of Fates looks good, but I'm still so bummed out about it not having online play.

yeah, i was very dissappointed at first, and my biggest fear is that the Wii version wont have online either :(

but combining magics online would be really hard. i dont think even voice chat would help much :p "3... 2... 1... NOW! ****!!"

i dont know, i hope the Wii game does have it in some way.

Llyranor

Well, for RoF, since the singleplayer is supposed to have a storyline, I hope it's retained for coop rather than just a dungeon crawl like CoM.

The theme of DQIX is to be able to go on adventures with your friends (online/Wifi enabled).

Horii says "If you have a DS all you have to do is turn the switch on and you can adventure with your family, friends, girlfriend or boyfriend."
"Of course it will be a big enough adventure to enjoy on your own as well"
"We want you to get your money's worth"
"We are breaking all sorts of barriers, so it feels like when we were first making DQ1"

Alex

CountZeroInt said:
The theme of DQIX is to be able to go on adventures with your friends (online/Wifi enabled).

Horii says "If you have a DS all you have to do is turn the switch on and you can adventure with your family, friends, girlfriend or boyfriend."
"We are breaking all sorts of barriers, so it feels like when we were first making DQ1"

So, there you go, just another reason in the never ending list of why Enix >>> Square

CountZeroInt said:

Yay!

Jiggy

Dragon Quest IX and Ring of Fates would look so much better if they didn't have to be pretty much juxtaposed with that beautiful, beautiful 2D from IAWW and especially FFXII:RW. DQIX still passes the "buy" test, though.

Just an impression but the text in Revenant Wings seems kind of kiddified, "Alright, we have a new adventure to go on!". They are bragging how it looks like a manga when you talk to people. It looks very good graphically but not much mention of gameplay yet.

Error

Jealous of the Glory that is Johnny Depp
CountZeroInt said:

there we go that's to the haters.

DQ9 goty 2007

LevelNth

Banned
Yup, definitely buying all four of these. IAWW and RW are just stunning 2D gorgeousness and FFCC and DQIX are leaps and bounds above any other 3D on the DS.

I'm still amazed at how much awesomeness the DS has on tap. Best handheld ever? Looking more and more likely every damn day.

CountZeroInt said:

Oh hells yes! :D

terrene

Banned
These all look awful. Gaming ghetto confirmed. :(

Edit: Am I really supposed to be excited to play DQ9? Look at that, man.

JCX

terrene said:
These all look awful. Gaming ghetto confirmed. :(

Edit: Am I really supposed to be excited to play DQ9? Look at that, man.

It looks much better in motion. I think that is true for most, if not all 3D DS games.

terrene

Banned
JCX9 said:
It looks much better in motion. I think that is true for most, if not all 3D DS games.
****ing Nintendo.

Actually, Crystal Chronicles looks good. I just don't know what to say to DQ9, though. They've actually found a way to offer worse-than-PSX image quality.

AniHawk

Final Fantasy III
Final Fantasy: Chocobo Adventure Dealy
Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles
Final Fantasy XII: Revenant Wings
Final Fantasy Tactics A2
Dragon Quest IX
Dragon Quest Monsters: Joker
Dragon Quest Heroes: Rocket Slime
Board Game w/ Mario and the like
It's a Wonderful World
Children of Mana
Heroes of Mana
Mario Hoops 3 on 3
Front Mission 1st
Egg Monster Hero

I mean, god damn.

Vic

Please help me with my bad english
Error2k4 said:

!!!!!!
helllll yeah!

Jammy

Banned
AniHawk said:
Final Fantasy III
Final Fantasy: Chocobo Adventure Dealy
Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles
Final Fantasy XII: Revenant Wings
Final Fantasy Tactics A2
Dragon Quest IX
Dragon Quest Monsters: Joker
Dragon Quest Heroes: Rocket Slime
Board Game w/ Mario and the like
It's a Wonderful World
Children of Mana
Heroes of Mana
Mario Hoops 3 on 3
Front Mission 1st
Egg Monster Hero

I mean, god damn.

Needs some more Chrono.

Mr Toast

Thanks.

Love the art style in it too. Ive always appreciated the 2D art style that a lot of Square RPGs go with. Looks very nice indeed.

Top Bottom