• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon Ball Super |OT9| Genki-Drama

Kevinroc

RIP I can't reply since the previous thread got locked

@Kevinroc

Yeah it's just as HardRojo said about Zen'O-sama. About the other two, they're called Kaio-sama and Supreme Kaio-sama, although I think they've caled him Shin a couple of times(?)

I find that really interesting. It sounds like the English dub is able to take a few more liberties than the LatAM dub. (Usually this kind of thing is stipulated in the licensing agreement.)

kuYuri

too much jaw

unHkaIN.png

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
I don't remember seeing any summery mentioned Gohan.

Animedia Summary:

While Gohan has a tough fight, Son Goku and Ribrianne's battle continues. Ribrianne wants to win the "Tournament of Power" so that she can become a goddess beloved by humanity throughout all the universe, and she attacks Goku at full power. Meanwhile Universe 11's Jiren (who has been conserving his power up until now) finally goes into action, and appears before Goku. With his unthinkably colossal ki, Jiren overwhelms Goku and the other warriors.

Magwik

Banned
I have to say, I have so many criticisms of Dragon Ball: the plotlines are flimsy, characters are downright ridiculous at times and I feel like there is a lot of wasted potencial with it.

However, there is something about it that keeps me coming back.

I cant quite put my finger on it. Nostalgia? The whole tournament thing makes the stakes higher so I feel excited about it?

All I know is, I will be watching this show. Bitching all the way, but I will watch it! :p
So Dragon Ball is the anime of Marvel movies?

Ashodin

Yeah who knows.

He seems to keep fighting

• People who are beneath him
  • People who have abilities that could potentially beat him
  • People he is having trouble with but someone else comes to aid

So we haven't had a real knock out slug out fight with him yet.

Toppo plz

Kagari

Crystal Bearer

Toppo plz

Indeed. Hopefully they've got something for later, and that goes for pretty much everyone in U7 not Goku.

Fj0823

I find that really interesting. It sounds like the English dub is able to take a few more liberties than the LatAM dub. (Usually this kind of thing is stipulated in the licensing agreement.)

Not really, they just really like to keep stuff close to the original version

They have taken some liberties with some of the funny dialogue or even improvised a couple of times

But LatAm dubs always try to keep it as close to the original as possible. To the point of even dubbing Openings and endings

Redubs of americanized dubs are really really hated. The only ones I remember being successful are Yu-Gi-Oh and Yu-Gi-Oh! GX

Skeeter49

Toppo plz
Gohan unintentionally saves Cabba.
Cabba vs. Toppo is never going to be referenced again :(

I have to say, I have so many criticisms of Dragon Ball: the plotlines are flimsy, characters are downright ridiculous at times and I feel like there is a lot of wasted potencial with it.

However, there is something about it that keeps me coming back.

I cant quite put my finger on it. Nostalgia? The whole tournament thing makes the stakes higher so I feel excited about it?

All I know is, I will be watching this show. Bitching all the way, but I will watch it! :p

Character Interactions with cool designs with fun fights is what Dragon Ball excels at.

Knock AT all you want for flimsy plot lines and plot holes that you could drive a truck through but his characters are fun to watch. Dragon Ball is simply at its best when it's not taking itself seriously and mocking popular tropes of the genre including itself.

dickroach

double episode double episode double episode double episode double episode double episode double episode double episode double episode double episode double episode double episode double episode double episode double episode

Magwik

Banned
double episode double episode double episode double episode double episode double episode double episode double episode double episode double episode double episode double episode double episode double episode double episode
First part recap First part recap First part recap

Zubz

Banned
Don't worry guys, in celebration of the new OT and hour special this weekend, I went to Chinatown earlier today and you'll never guess what I found...

DLYm4WyXkAAkCUF.jpg:large

There was also some oddly buff Tien, weird eyed Yamcha, a SSJ3 Kai and copious amounts of Broly's.

Do you have any pictures of Oddly Buff Tien? And by Kai, do you mean King Kai, or Supreme Kai?

Sorry, I just love & collect bootlegged merch, as well as Tien.

Top Bottom