• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tekken Tag Tournament 2 Location Tests: May 16 - 22

AAK

:(

NOTE TO ANYONE that will make a huge mega thread OP in the future....

Reserve mulitple replies before it gets too big and causes everything to disappear :( It took me nearly 2 hours to make the op and then collectively 5-6 to keep updating it... swear this sucks!

Anyways, the now that the OP I originally had is gone for anyone that is interested in seeing the changes I shall redirect you to this thread on Tekken Zaibatsu:

http://www.tekkenzaibatsu.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=121075&perpage=25&pagenumber=1

Elixist

Game looks like it delivers the goodz! So many chars. and i'm quite happy with the little touches like dust and water staying on your guy/gal. Its also cool that the stages are going to be even more DOAesque multileveled and watnot. Graphics look pretty dam good as well. Choo choo hyped!!
the wait is so dam long for us westerners tho :(

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that
I'm really interested to see how they will differentiate Jun and Asuka. Asuka has been my main since Tekken 5, and I was a huge fan of Jun in Tekken Tag Tournament. Having both of them on a team is like a dream for me.

Anyanka

Wooo can't wait till 2013 for the console release.

If Lili's d/b+4 doesn't KD I hope it's back to the DR speed.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Teknopathetic said:
WTF did they do to my Julia.
*meanwhile, for Lee fans*
Where are my damn changes?!

AAK

i.e. each character can have 4 costumes at a time depending on pressing lp,rp,lk,rk in the character select screen whereas before, you only had 1P,2P, and a 3P for some characters with console exclusive attires.

AAK said:
i.e. each character can have 4 costumes at a time depending on pressing lp,rp,lk,rk in the character select screen whereas before, you only had 1P,2P, and a 3P for some characters with console exclusive attires.
I assumed that's what you meant. Just wanted to make sure. This is good news because I'd always go back and forth between OCD fueled default costume only to trying to make a better version of ugly Yoshi in T6.

AAK

Sai said:
Looks almost just like the b+1 from T5 & 6, only he steps foward instead.

Does this replace it?

Don't think so, I suppose it's just like Law's Dragon Sign Stance and his Dragon Step Stance. 2 different stances and different notations but the same followups. One has the punch parry while the other has use in combo's. Similarly, I think Jin's b+1 has evasion properties but d+1+2 can be used better in post B! and tag assault situations.

But I have no idea. Would be nice to be in Japan/Korea right now to test this though :D

I kind of don't have that same hype for this game as I did with TTT1 because A) T6 sucked and B) the character roster already featured nearly everyone anyway and the addition of just 2 (pending the possibility for more) returning characters hardly feels hype worthy. Guess Tekken threw up in my mouth a little which is why I'm a little biased against it...

AAK

Yoshichan said:
*meanwhile, for Lee fans*
Where are my damn changes?!

THERE YOU GO!

But bad news for you, Maxi ran out of batteries before he could record any Lee footage. Sorry but he'll be missing in the ldmaxi 3 hour epic!

MoonsaultSlayer said:
I kind of don't have that same hype for this game as I did with TTT1 because A) T6 sucked and B) the character roster already featured nearly everyone anyway and the addition of just 2 (pending the possibility for more) returning characters hardly feels hype worthy. Guess Tekken threw up in my mouth a little which is why I'm a little biased against it...
Early reports are buffed movement and nerfed wall carry and wall combos so I'm optimistic. This, along with Soul Calibur V, are the first post-Twitter Namco games and they seem to be listening to the fans. :)

AAK

Holy crap @ King's b+1+2 Tag throw!!!!

My hype level is rising.... oh shi... Julia time!

Just finished watching.... man I love the mechanics of hitting both players at the same time while they're trying to tag out. Makes the tension of looking for safety that more riveting!

LowParry

Why can't this be a 2011 console release :( :( So so want.

Teknopathetic said:
Man, I hope whoever can do so communicates to Namco Bandai Japan to step up their netcode game, because this game looks insanely fun.

MarkMan maybe?

Edit: Holy shit at that fountain stage. The stages definitely look lot lot better than 6.

Please have retro costumes for all characters. I want to feel like a young teen getting a ps1 for the first time again.

edit- I feel like the only person who cares/complains about the useless, non-gameplay related issues. I, personally, dislike the recycled character outfits and models for the past 7ish years....

Ratba

Unconfirmed Member
I'm not a fan of Tekken but I'm always interested in watching people play it. I guess I gotta pop into the Namco land on my way to the Gym tonight.

MoonsaultSlayer said:
I feel like the only person who cares/complains about the useless, non-gameplay related issues.
Not really. I personally love bringing up my opinion of the character designs.

Although gameplay is the final issue in my not playing/indifference to the series.

LowParry

MoonsaultSlayer said:
Please have retro costumes for all characters. I want to feel like a young teen getting a ps1 for the first time again.

edit- I feel like the only person who cares/complains about the useless, non-gameplay related issues. I, personally, dislike the recycled character outfits and models for the past 7ish years....

Eh, it's not too bad. Tekken has the customizations in place so you can definitely change up what character you want change in looks.

CcrooK said:
Eh, it's not too bad. Tekken has the customizations in place so you can definitely change up what character you want change in looks.
But customizations feel artistically starved. Yoshi with a glowing pot-belly? Butterfly wings for the ladies because they're gurlz? Generic hobby-esque outfits? Eh.

LowParry

MoonsaultSlayer said:
But customizations feel artistically starved. Yoshi with a glowing pot-belly? Butterfly wings for the ladies because they're gurlz? Generic hobby-esque outfits? Eh.

True. Though I feel in this version, we're going to see double the customs.

I noticed the enrage only lasts for a certain time. I like that change (which is best with Tag considering I could let my character die out till I enrage, switch out and blow shit up.)

Wish the game was called Tekken-a-Vacation. I'm loving how these fights are taking place at serene vacation spots haha.
-Christmas village
-Seaside foutain/garden
-Outdoor restaurant during a festival of lights
-On a fishing vessel
-Picturesque roadside complete with balloon vendor
-Parade in the city (a la MvC3)

Good stuff.

Top Bottom