• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

XboxEvent.com just registered by the same company that did Xbox's E3 presentations

Biggzy

hFUlb.gif

I would love to see Ballmer do this again for the Xbox event.

The biggest question is if we will have another Kaz like blowout? I don't think it'll be Mattrick, but I could see a Ballmerfied? Won't match the awe inspiring Playstation Meeting Thread sadly.

It'll be Ballmer definitely, so many different and crazy face pictures to choose from.

FrankT

In the UK, the non gaming press, nearly all took the piss by the non show of the PS4 at the PS4 launch especially the BBC. MS would be nuts to do like wise.

Will they reveal the price however? Save it for E3 is my guess.

Hanmik

if we are doing a "microsoftication" of avatars in here.. we need to do it like the Sony ones. Make it a figurehead who isn´t going to be on stage (like KAZ lol).. I´m nomitating Bill Gates..!

Corto

Will they reveal the price however? Save it for E3 is my guess.

That would be the biggest possible surprise for me, honestly. I think they'll both wait for E3 to announce at the same event without leaving room to the opponent to make final hour adjustments. Not that I expect great price differences on the hardware, but in terms of services they will offer very different models of business and pricing.

Kyoufu

If Microsoft shows Kinect in any form my hype levels will be very low for the system. They need to focus on games for core gamers or I'll be disappointed.

Please don't pack Kinect in with the system.

Hanmik

That would be the biggest possible surprise for me, honestly. I think they'll both wait for E3 to announce at the same event without leaving room to the opponent to make final hour adjustments. Not that I expect great price differences on the hardware, but in terms of services they will offer very different models of business and pricing.

do we know who is going first on stage at E3 2013 yet..?

Pug

I bet the services both consoles will offer will be very similar as will the pricing structure.

Meh, the only thing I have feels for is Alan Wake and PGR. I can't see the MS conference being too exciting. Prove me wrong MS. PROVE ME.

Pug

If Microsoft shows Kinect in any form my hype levels will be very low for the system. They need to focus on games for core gamers or I'll be disappointed.

Please don't pack Kinect in with the system.

Of course they are going to show the new kinect, just like Sony showed their camera system.

Caramuru

Neo Member
Sonygaf reaction:

Killzone (4) shown = "Looks amazing wow, can't wait."

Halo (5) shown = "All Microsoft shows is rehashed crap sequels!"

Final Fantasy XXXXVIII shown = "Wow, can't wait!@#!!"

Fable (4) shown = "Give up already Microsoft, nothing but sequels, ugh!"

All hypothetical of course, lol.

Yes, it's predictable.

But one thing that wasn't predictable is the "GDDR5 isn't good for gamers" talk from Xboxgaf.

Let's see what they will say if MS change Durango's memory type.

Persona86

Banned
Meh, the only thing I have feels for is Alan Wake and PGR. I can't see the MS conference being too exciting. Prove me wrong MS. PROVE ME.

There MIGHT be games that will also be released on PS4 there, that definitely has my interest, since I know I'm getting a PS4, and if they convince me to buy the next xbox, well that's a nice bonus. so I'm hyped.

Kyoufu

Of course they are going to show the new kinect, just like Sony showed their camera system.

Sony showed the peripheral but their focus was on core games without any demonstration or even mention of camera functionality.

At least I hope MS doesn't build their games around the Kinect or I'll be wary.

Corto

I bet the services both consoles will offer will be very similar as will the pricing structure.

If the rumored Cable deals are true Microsoft will have a heavy subsidized option tied to your TV cable bill, that Sony won't be able to directly compete with. That was what I had in mind with that post.

grkazan12

Also anyone who thinks that they're not going to show kinect even for a little bit is crazy. Their making it essential in at least the system UI section of the console and they're implementing some substantial hardware improvements in the kinect. I'm not the biggest fan of it, but keeping the talk to a minimum is the best we could hope for at this point.

shandy706

Yes, it's predictable.

But one thing that wasn't predictable is the "GDDR5 isn't good for gamers" talk from Xboxgaf.

Let's see what they will say if MS change Durango's memory type.

Haha, arguing GDDR5 is not good is stupid.

I also see an explosion of "not interested/hype gone/not buying" if Kinect is flashed on the screen for more than 1/1000th of a millisecond. (from people that wouldn't buy anyway of course)

Comet

About the only thing MS could do to get me somewhat interested at this point is by showing off some nice, fresh, new IPs. If they start off by talking about Kinect, or show some new next-gen games being played with Kinect instead of a standard controller, I am so out.

Top Bottom