• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Elder Scrolls Online Beta sign up

Izayoi

Banned
Oh my god it's so fucking bad.

They should cut their losses and just cancel it now.

How the fuck did this get into beta?

Alric

Just played about 2 hours of the beta. I don't know it's cool for the fact thats it Elder Scrolls and I enjoy its world and lore. It just feels like The Lord of the Rings Online with elder scrolls shell. Some different stuff here and there but nothing completely game changing to make me want to play an MMO.

Nokterian

I played 20 minutes finally and I can tell this game is not for me. This is gonna be a huge waste of money for Bethesda.

Incoming F2P..because that was said a lot more times before. I don't feel anything for it since it was announced. I am a ES fan but i never asked for this.

Been updating this game for awhile now (damn internet) but from what yall are saying I feel like I am wasting my time. I hope I disagree with you guys.

Jharp

So I used a torrent to grab the beta client, but I'm still unable to use the account signup site in order to put in my beta code and gain access.

I submitted a support ticket to Bethesda customer help under login issues, and have yet to hear back. This was early this morning, around 8 or so PST.

If anyone that is able to use the account creation site (accounts.eldersrollsonline.com/login), and is willing to help me out, I'll give you my email address, password choice, and beta key, if you wanted to help set it up for me.

Real real shitty on Beth's part to have this site error, and only give beta participants such a small window in which to play. By the issue is fixed, and that's assuming it even gets fixed at all, who knows how little my time with the game will be?

Dysun

Calling this game a jankfest would be an understatement.

I played for about an hour before I knew I'd never touch it again

Zaph

I really hope Zenimax are able to track first played timestamp and uninstalled timestamp. Then put them together.

If they do, hopefully they don't try blame it on people trying a beta and expecting a finished game - at this point the people who sign up for MMO betas are pretty experienced with probably at least half dozen under their belt. They don't immediately quit because of minor issues.

Zenimax risk doing a lot of damage to the Elder Scrolls brand, a very valuable brand as it's one of the few 'nerd games' with mainstream appeal.

The single most atrocious sin here is the fact that not only do they use some bullshit TTS to synthesize dialog that isn't actor-voiced, but the fact that it will sometimes switch between TTS and actual voice-over IN THE MIDDLE OF A DAMN CONVERSATION.
Dear lord, it's so horribly distracting.

Damn this game is horrible. Combat is janky as hell. Animations atrocious.

Anyone know how to get into the massive PvP they've been hyping? You have to be level 10 right? A shame because I don't think I can force myself though another 8 levels.

Alric

The single most atrocious sin here is the fact that not only do they use some bullshit TTS to synthesize dialog that isn't actor-voiced, but the fact that it will sometimes switch between TTS and actual voice-over IN THE MIDDLE OF A DAMN CONVERSATION.

Haha, I came across a hunter that did that and my and my fiance burst out laughing. I couldn't believe it.

LeBart

What...
Please tell me that's placeholder.

Whompa

By the looks of it, people are saying it's bad to abysmal....is it really that much of a hot mess?

Can you steal/interact with items or is it just another cut/paste MMO with non-interactive environments and boring questlines? Does it bring ANYTHING new to the table for MMOs?

D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
Zenimax risk doing a lot of damage to the Elder Scrolls brand, a very valuable brand as it's one of the few 'nerd games' with mainstream appeal.

I agree. With Skyrim they really captured the "mainstream nerd" audience. You know, the folks who don't really play a ton of games, but like to watch Game of Thrones and really got into Skyrim and giggled over Arrow to the Knee memes on Facebook.

If they put this out on consoles... oh boy. Especially with how much they're trying to make it *look* like Skyrim, it's going to kill a lot of fondness for the brand. The management has to know they have an absolute stinker on their hands. Surely, they do, right? They would be far better off just cutting their losses and not releasing this than to sully the reputation of Elder Scrolls.

Yoday

I'm really confused by a lot of the comments here. It is an Elder Scrolls game, but online. I'm not sure why people were expecting anything other than that. I feel like this game is getting a lot of hate simply because it is an MMO, but I suppose that is to be expected.

Cipherr

Sad to hear. I signed up for beta but only a day or two ago. So I might be to late to get in, but I was hoping this would be decent.

Sounds like it isn't though.

ACSwift

Man this game seriously needs some solo areas for the dungeons and other indoor areas. Not much of a problem outside, but elsewhere, try to loot a chest, already been looted. See an enemy, already killed before I can get a hit in.

I'm really confused by a lot of the comments here. It is an Elder Scrolls game, but online. I'm not sure why people were expecting anything other than that. I feel like this game is getting a lot of hate simply because it is an MMO, but I suppose that is to be expected.

Except it's not. It's a typical MMO that has a Elder Scrolls paint job. All the freedom that makes Elder Scrolls appealing, is not here.

Why pay a monthly fee to play an inferior Elder Scrolls game?

belushy

Banned
What...
Please tell me that's placeholder.

It is obviously a placeholder.

Also, guys who are complaining... make sure you guys write all the stuff down on notepad or something that you guys don't like and submit it on the forums as suggestions. It can really help these developers try and make the game better.

It is obviously a placeholder.

Also, guys who are complaining... make sure you guys write all the stuff down on notepad or something that you guys don't like and submit it on the forums as suggestions. It can really help these developers try and make the game better.

Not if they don't have the talent and technology to implement it.

The world is static. It feels like every other MMO that's been attempted the past 10 years.

It's done.

Kimawolf

Well after playing it for awhile, it's just as boring as Elder Scrolls combat wise, and it's missing some of the great "world feel" but it is basically like someone turned a Elder Scrolls game into a mmo without taking anything into account for the MMO space.

Woorloog

Banned
Why is it so bad?! Everyone just does a drive by, "it's crap" and then doesn't elaborate...

NDA and the game login queue being full perhaps (people seem to be complaining inability to play)?
And the NDA is there probably for this reason, the game being crap at this stage. Of course, if there's mere 5 months still launch or so, i wonder whether they can actually get rid of all the actual bad stuff people imply there being in that time.
Just guessing.

At least now i know to not (probably) bother with the beta even if i get an invite.

NeededSleep

I have a beta code and i don't even want to use it.

Something tells me i would probably get more enjoyment out of their forums than i would the game.

Yeah, this just doesn't feel any different to me from another MMO I've played in the last few years. I'm not quite sure if this is going to be salvageable in it's current form.

Halfmunch

Man I would love a Skyrim like game with 1 or 2 more players, but with most of the single-player game mechanics in-tacked. Co op Skyrim not an MMO.

Top Bottom