• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon: Wildlands |OT| Squad Goals

It's weird. People are saying the reason is because of a disputes between Nvidia and Ubisoft but at the same time they use Nvidia turf effect :3

https://ghostreconnetwork.ubi.com/en-US/task-force/profile/1166/NeoGAF

SLI don't work at all in this. Got 30fps on low disabled the SLI and now like 55-60fps on what, vhigh-ultra

Im gonna disable SLI i knew it didn't use the second card at all but didn't bother disabling it. Seems SLI enabled made the game worse for you, i swear im done running a SLI system in the future. Just waiting on that 1080Ti now haha. Thanks guys.

luulubuu

Sent a petition
( ´ ▽ ` )b

Edit: The Ghost profile thing is way more detailed than I expected. Does people take this game that seriously?
xAAxv2T.png

Tecnniqe

Banned
A dispute? Yeah that would be odd since they bundle the game with their cards, they always had support for Ubi games and they feature some of their Gameworks tech in them... but I could had sworn there was a mention of Game Ready drivers on this Nvidia blog and I don't see it anymore (or I'm blind).
Game doesn't even appear on Geforce Experience by the way.
Yeah I have no idea. I'm sure I read something about drivers too but ¯_(ツ)_/¯
Im gonna disable SLI i knew it didn't use the second card at all but didn't bother disabling it. Seems SLI enabled made the game worse for you, i swear im done running a SLI system in the future. Just waiting on that 1080Ti now haha. Thanks guys.
Yeah I've had 2 SLI systems and never again.

When it works it's beautiful but it early does much at all or in cases like this make the game have negative performance.

TI bby grill is what I'm looking for too.
Sent a petition
( ´ ▽ ` )b

Edit: The Ghost profile thing is way more detailed than I expected. Does people take this game that seriously?
yEiEWHM.png
Neh don't see anyone use it seriously. Just put a lot of stuff in everything for ingame unlocks :3

I'm accepting everyone I see but the page is bugging out sometimes so tell me if it didn't get accepted.

Basketball

I am crying. That hostage shield animation is too funny.
I can't even complete the 1st mission, I have been shaking around everyone.

FiraB

Banned
Almost completed two areas, actually wish I had a better sniper because the one I got sucks. Til tomorrow.

Belker

Sorry, but is the task force for PC players only? I'm on Xbox. I'm not sure how this works - maybe there should be an XBL club if the task force won't support consoles?

Peroroncino

I'm accepting everyone I see but the page is bugging out sometimes so tell me if it didn't get accepted.

I still have it glitched... whenever I click NeoGAF task force link it sents me to some guy/gal named 'zenou' who is in french task force with only 1 member. :/

Is it possible to manually send invites FROM the task force?

Tecnniqe

Banned
Sorry, but is the task force for PC players only? I'm on Xbox. I'm not sure how this works - maybe there should be an XBL club if the task force won't support consoles?
Don't think it matters
I still have it glitched... whenever I click NeoGAF task force link it sents me to some guy/gal named 'zenou' who is in french task force with only 1 member. :/

Is it possible to manually send invites FROM the task force?
I can manually send out invites, yeah.

Ont

Extremely repetitive.

I would say that is largely dependent on the creativity of the players and the difficulty setting/area.

If you play at lower difficulty settings and just rush into every enemy camps, then the game will become repetitive very quickly.

cripterion

Disappearing vehicules is the most annoying shit ever. I plan a exit helicopter up in the mountains, go down on the village take the targets out, get my skill point and intel, climb up and still see the helicopter icon (and can still hear it) and it just disappears when I'm 120m out. It's like there's a 5-6mn timer of vehicule despawn, pretty ridiculous for an AAA open world.
I remember in the Witcher 3 some corpses stayed after hours and hours of play and just came back to loot what was forgotten and here you have vehicules which is a key element of the gameplay just disappearing in front of your eyes :/

Besides that I'm just taking in the sights, going through little towns collecting intel and I'm enjoying myself while I wait for a buddy to get the game. The friendly AI is ridiculous and I had one guy just stroll around the camp while having 3 narcos around him, the camp was on alert and they didn't shoot him and he didn't shoot back either, just when I got there shit started happening lol.

Oh yeah.

Once I figured that the guy was dead I literally stopped moving and went
pxzk_f-maxage-0.gif

lol. While the Itacua banter between the guys can get annoying (because I went through both betas and already heard it) I gotta say they really seem to have fleshed out the cartel and the people you have to take out giving you info about them through various means like intel files to read, videos and convos. I liked that in Horizon and I'm liking it here too. Makes me more invested in the missions I have to complete.

DrBo42

Are the vehicle, and most of all heli controls, similar to those in the beta?

Game is pretty much exactly the same from performance to control. Maybe some tweaks were made to cars but helicopters are just as odd.

Biggest difference for me is that Ghost difficulty was renamed "Extreme" and they removed the orange general enemy position mark on the minimap. So now you won't even know an enemy is there until you see them/spot them in co-op. That's a great change. Can't really speak to their AI so far. Enemy fire muzzle sprite is still horrendous, sadly.

SJRB

Gold Member
Game is pretty much exactly the same from performance to control. Maybe some tweaks were made to cars but helicopters are just as odd.

Biggest difference for me is that Ghost difficulty was renamed "Extreme" and they removed the orange general enemy position mark on the minimap. So now you won't even know an enemy is there until you see them/spot them in co-op. That's a great change. Can't really speak to their AI so far. Enemy fire muzzle sprite is still horrendous, sadly.

What, really? I thought the orange blob was excellent because it gave immediate oversight of the situation. You immediately know if you've tagged/taken down all enemies in an area.

Weird to remove such a mechanic.

Just spent an hour tooling around with 3 strangers. Terrific fun, even with all the silly AI and quirks.

We spent an age trying to assualt a mega Unidad base, but kept getting nailed. It's tough.

DrBo42

What, really? I thought the orange blob was excellent because it gave immediate oversight of the situation. You immediately know if you've tagged/taken down all enemies in an area.

Weird to remove such a mechanic.

Well it's the highest difficulty. They advertise it as the most simulation-like mode they have. It's what people want from that level I would think.

SJRB

Gold Member
Well it's the highest difficulty. They advertise it as the most simulation-like mode they have. It's what people want from that level I would think.

O, I thought you meant they removed it completely, not just on Ghost.

Nevermind then.

Peroroncino

I can manually send out invites, yeah.

PM'ed you with INTEL. ;)

I wish they'd include Future Soldier outfits as a special costume or something like that, I'd gladly even pay for that. :D

Also, I'd love an option to remove our backpacks and secondary weapons, I can appreciate wanting to make it look practical and semi-realistic, but what I'd appreciate even more, is an option to get rid myself of all this clunky looking stuff on my back, I can suspend my disbelief just fine so I wouldn't worry myself with things like 'oh, where does he keep his drone'.

btw. Auto-cover is still broken for me, it randomly just stops working until next loading screen, didn't have that issue in the beta. :/ It's definitely tied to exting a vehicle, at random, it just stops working after you exit a car or smth.

ironcreed

Banned
Created my character and did the first mission before calling it a night.

I played the beta on PS4, but had the game pre-ordered on Xbox One. I have to say that it plays really well and looks about the same.

Was the input lag addressed at all? That's my biggest gripe and I'd be willing to give it a shake if the issues been addressed.

Alternatively, was the PC performance fixed? It was unacceptable during the Beta.

Lren

axI15Ih.jpg

Just finished making my character, feels nice to finally be able to keep progress. Cor-Blimey on PC!

DrBo42

Was the input lag addressed at all? That's my biggest gripe and I'd be willing to give it a shake if the issues been addressed.

Alternatively, was the PC performance fixed? It was unacceptable during the Beta.

Performance feels the same as beta for me. I'm on a 980ti though. With a controller there is a noticeable lag in switching weapons and abrupt movement changes. Movement might be due to speed subtlety and momentum catching up. Keyboard weapon switching is far more responsive. Stance changes are instant across keyboard and controller.

cripterion

lol AMD have drivers out before a Nvidia sponsored game bundled with their last line of cards. Are we living in bizarro world or what?

Phinor

A huge difference for me between the beta and this release version on PC. The beta was just about unplayable because of constant stuttering but all that stuttering is simply gone now. It's still pretty demanding game for hardware but now with the stuttering gone I'm more than happy with the ~60fps I get at 3440x1440 with a single 1080.

g859

I can't confirm this right now, but the poor performance is apparently tied to having a controller plugged in and/or controller support enabled in game:

https://www.reddit.com/r/GhostRecon...ltra_1080p_60fps_with_a_gtx_1080_and/delxbd6/

Reddit said:
Are you using a controller? I've found turning off controller support/removing the controller fixes this problem of severely low FPS for some reason.

I had both a controller plugged in and the support enabled in the beta and my performance was pretty mediocre (never higher than 35-50 FPS with mixed high/ultra settings at 1440p with a Titan X Maxwell).

dex3108

I think the game is going to do really well all around. There are not many squad-based shooters with co-op in a massive open world like this. Especially on consoles.

Add to that number at least 25K UPlay only players. All in all solid numbers for launch day.

DrBo42

Game will sell fine. They really need to do an update for stealth and squad tactics though. The lack of an ability to move bodies, perform takedowns from cover, and no smoke or gas grenades is absolutely mental.

MaxiLive

A huge difference for me between the beta and this release version on PC. The beta was just about unplayable because of constant stuttering but all that stuttering is simply gone now. It's still pretty demanding game for hardware but now with the stuttering gone I'm more than happy with the ~60fps I get at 3440x1440 with a single 1080.

Not much difference for me to be honest. It feels pretty much the same as the open beta.

I'm hitting 50-60 frames most of the time but it feeeeeels really stuttery. I haven't had a play yet so I'm going to have a poke around this evening with the settings.

When I did the same in the open beta it didn't seem to make all that much difference, I lowered the resolution to 1080p and set most settings to medium/high instead of the default Ultra config the game set and would only gain 3-5 frames. I think I'm hitting some severe CPU bottlenecks with this one!

Lren

With the cigar, the eye patch, the beard and the ponytail there are more than a few possibilities to create Naked or Venom Snake.

No horns, though.

To be honest, the thought didn't occur to me until now. Haha. Thinking I may as well go all the way now.

Anyone get the Gold Edition? I'm having trouble redeeming my season pass (on PS4 btw). Contacted Ubi support and was told to simply keep trying throughout the day. That they're aware of this issue.

I'll post a transcript later, I'm at work currently. Please let me know if anyone has had a similar issue.

FlyinJ

Douchebag. Yes, me.
How does drop-in public co-op work? Do I gain rewards from playing it if I've already completed that point of interest/mission?

Also, what causes the "join public co-op?" prompt to appear? I've seen it a couple times, but I don't really know what triggers it.

Lren

How does drop-in public co-op work? Do I gain rewards from playing it if I've already completed that point of interest/mission?

Also, what causes the "join public co-op?" prompt to appear? I've seen it a couple times, but I don't really know what triggers it.

For the join public co-op bit, I think it pops up when you are at a friendly outpost.

FlyinJ

Douchebag. Yes, me.
Why does Metacritic only have 11 reviews so far?

From reading the reviews in progress, it's because the game is pretty massive. One guy played for 15 hours and said there was probably another 40-60 he needed to go through to get to the end.

v1lla21

I love the game with its dumbass quirks and all. It makes for great fun in co-op. Can't wait to play tonight. Ghost Bros. Assemble!

Jeff6851

From reading the reviews in progress, it's because the game is pretty massive. One guy played for 15 hours and said there was probably another 40-60 he needed to go through to get to the end.

Ah, ok. I figured as much. I'm guessing review copies went out late. I don't mind waiting because I wasn't going to get this till summer anyway but it was strange that a big release hardly had reviews.

TheMan

2 pages for an OT of a new AAA(?) game on release day? Not a lot of traction so far, huh? The betas didn't do this game any favors.

Top Bottom