• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Darksiders II delayed to August

http://www.darksiders.com/blog-post/darksiders-ii-release-date
Once again we want to welcome you to the new Darksiders II website. Being a part of our community means you will be the first to know when new trailers, screenshots, announcements and updates around Darksiders II are released.

The rumor-mill has been churning with speculation recently, so we wanted to put it to rest first here with our core fans: Darksiders II will be moving to release globally in August 2012, rather than June as previously announced. It’s just a short delay, but we promise the game you’ll have in August will be well worth the wait!

This is great news for the team at Vigil, because it allows additional time for polish and to ensure that all aspects of Darksiders II meet the high-quality bar the team is targeting. In game development, more time is always a good thing for quality and the Vigil team is dedicated to providing the definitive Darksiders experience.

[edit] also Q&A up:
A brief Q&A on the date change is below for any questions that you might have: http://bit.ly/J2R0Qm

Questions & Answers:
Q.) When will the game be available in North America?

A.) Darksiders II is scheduled to be available on Xbox 360, PlayStation 3, and PC in August of 2012. The release date will vary by region (as they did with a June release). The exact street dates will be issued for each region in the days to come.

Q.) Has the date been pushed back to tie in with Nintendo’s WiiU™ launch?

A.) The date was shifted to ensure we meet the high quality threshold that we are committed to achieving. It has nothing to do with any other platform releases.

Q.) Is Darksiders II being pushed back because of the recent layoffs at Vigil Games?
A.) No, the staffing changes at Vigil Games have not impacted the release date.

Q.) Is content going to be cut from the game?

A.) Definitely not! As we approached the game’s completion date, the team asked for more time to polish the huge amount of content included in this ambitious project. We are all committed to making Darksiders II the highest-quality game possible and the additional time will allow the team to do just that. The game content remains unchanged, as do our future DLC plans.

Q.) Are you truly pushing the date back to make Darksiders II a better game?
A.) Absolutely, that is the only goal fueling this decision. Nothing is more important to us than quality and thankfully our company’s current operational position allows us to make the right choice for Darksiders II.

Q.) Aside from getting it later, will this affect my pre-order?
A.) Definitely not, everyone who has/does pre-order Darksiders II will receive the Limited Edition at release, along with any associated retail exclusive content.

Q.) Will the game definitely release in August or will it be delayed again?
A.) This small delay is to allow additional time for polish and bug fixing. As we’ve stated in numerous articles and videos, Darksiders II is substantially larger game than its predecessor and the ambition of this project requires extra time to polish to the high standards that Vigil Games and THQ are committed to.

If you have any further comments feel free to post them within the forums here:

Regards,
THQSledgehammer

FUCK

Derrick01

Banned
It will be interesting to see if they can get the game out before THQ croaks.

Hell I wouldn't even be surprised if this is the game that kills them after it likely bombs. First one didn't exactly light the world on fire.

Well that's a shame. This is one of my most anticipated games but if it needs some extra time for polish then I won't complain.

August usually doesn't have too much going on so it should still get a decent amount of time dedicated to it at launch.

ced

Goddamnit.

Every fucking year the good summer titles are delayed to fall.

Yes I know Aug is still summer, but it's really close to the huge amount of fall games.

Kusagari

All August has so far is Sleeping Dogs and Transformers, so it's not nearly as packed as I expected.

Hopefully it does well, but the June date was far better.

ReaperXL7

I guess the graphics were too much for the Wii U, so now they needed sometime to adjust accordingly. Shame as I was looking forward to this, either way it's just more time for other games.

With their new found cash I guess they no longer need to rush this out in June for the money. Good call to polish it up, need this do well to set up the huge second half of their fiscal year.

DcyYK.gif

Micerider

It will be interesting to see if they can get the game out before THQ croaks.

Hell I wouldn't even be surprised if this is the game that kills them after it likely bombs. First one didn't exactly light the world on fire.

You mean, Darskiders II would be the "Death" of THQ ? That would make a perfect tagline to market the game : Become the "Death" of us.

Q.) Will the game definitely release in August or will it be delayed again?
A.) This small delay is to allow additional time for polish and bug fixing. As we’ve stated in numerous articles and videos, Darksiders II is substantially larger game than its predecessor and the ambition of this project requires extra time to polish to the high standards that Vigil Games and THQ are committed to.

Didn't exactly answer the question LOL.

Mr_eX

Someone just bought be this on steam for my birthday. Seeing it listed in my steam library will make the wait that much harder.

Lambtron

Unconfirmed Member
Thank god. End of May & June were already packed. I'd prefer to grab this for Wii U this fall, so this will help me hold off a bit.

El-Suave

June = Euro 2012, I don't know how big the effect will be, but I'm sure it would have negatively impacted game sales in Europe somehow. Avoiding that may be a good side effect of this delay for them.

D

Deleted member 81567

Unconfirmed Member
Good, I couldn't play it during June anyway.

JdFoX187

Banned
It was originally going to release right around my birthday. Oh well, I'll still have a day-one preorder for the collector's edition.

Tenck

Oh well, Darksider's loss...

http://www.obviouswinner.com/storage/post-images/lollipop-chainsaw-cosplay-1.jpg?__SQUARESPACE_CACHEVERSION=1326375685107[IMG]

[I][B]Is Suda's gain![/B][/I][/QUOTE]

The picture is alright till you notice she basically has no hips!!

Top Bottom