• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Game soundtracks on vinyl | Analogue Gen 33fps

Shaneus

So, not to read anything into it, but my reply to a Data Discs tweet regarding receiving test pressings was liked by them.

It mentioned Space Harrier and Fantasy Zone.

There was another tweet that wasn't liked that mentioned Space Harrier and Ghouls n Ghosts. So make of that what you will... it's probably nothing though.

Having said that, despite already owning the Sega Game Music that has Fantasy Zone on it, I'd buy the shit out of a DD release.

BTails

So, not to read anything into it, but my reply to a Data Discs tweet regarding receiving test pressings was liked by them.

There was another tweet that wasn't liked that mentioned Space Harrier and Ghouls n Ghosts. So make of that what you will... it's probably nothing though.

Having said that, despite already owning the Sega Game Music that has Fantasy Zone on it, I'd buy the shit out of a DD release.

I would buy both of those. I would also feel regret buying Fantasy Zone, just because I'm so rubbish at the game itself. Seriously, I want to get better, but I can barely get past the first couple stages (Mega Drive version).

Dyna

I think they just like most tweets that mention them, I requested Jet Set Radio for their next release way back and they liked that one too. Data Discs give me that JSR!!!

Sigh, my Snatcher isn't going to be here until Tuesday. The weather really did a number on shipping :(

According to tracking mine hasn't even left yet, just the label printed, which I thought was nice at first because I thought my college's mail room would be closed for spring break... turns out it was open the whole time...

According to tracking mine hasn't even left yet, just the label printed, which I thought was nice at first because I thought my college's mail room would be closed for spring break... turns out it was open the whole time...
My copy didn't even got a label printed. No signs of any shipping whatsoever. And it's going to be a long journey from the US to Europe, hoping it will not stay in customs for days. I WANNA GET DOWN TO ONE NIGHT IN NEO KOBE CITY SO BAD!!!!!!!!!!

Received my Snatcher (The Yetee red and black edition) set. So good. Came with two double-sided art sheets. Wish they had labelled which versions of the tracks are on here, but the first vinyl seems to be mostly from the Sega CD version.

I know you guys warned that glow-in-the-dark records are pretty noisy, but WOW Ori. I went back to check my needle three times because I couldn't believe the surface noise was louder than the music. It got better toward the center of the record, not sure why.

Dan-o

I know you guys warned that glow-in-the-dark records are pretty noisy, but WOW Ori. I went back to check my needle three times because I couldn't believe the surface noise was louder than the music. It got better toward the center of the record, not sure why.
Glad I got the regular one.
I wish that "Climbing the Ginso Tree" and "Restoring the Light Facing the Dark" were on the same side, since they flow together so well, but it's not a deal breaker. I'll be listening to this one a lot, regardless.

Still no shipping info on Snatcher, though :(

JOEVIAL

Has a voluptuous plastic labia

A lot of records suffer from sounding super noisy in the first song (maybe two) because the outside edge of the record is the last surface area to be pressed. All records start out as hot vinyl pucks and then get squashed between the metal plate masters.

This also explains why some of the inside tracks may sound more deep and full. As far as I have read and heard, getting a consistent sound and pressing across the entire surface area of the record comes down to the heat regulation of the vinyl puck and how quickly it goes to press. Obviously if the pressing is done correctly (with good masters) you won't notice the noise issues.

My copy didn't even got a label printed. No signs of any shipping whatsoever. And it's going to be a long journey from the US to Europe, hoping it will not stay in customs for days. I WANNA GET DOWN TO ONE NIGHT IN NEO KOBE CITY SO BAD!!!!!!!!!!

You know you can buy it from vinyl-digital.com right? Ships from Germany but much cheaper and quicker than buying from US. Gotta be quick though cos they're almost all gone.

Spwn

You know you can buy it from vinyl-digital.com right? Ships from Germany but much cheaper and quicker than buying from US. Gotta be quick though cos they're almost all gone.

It's so weird to have the tables turned and receive something 2 weeks before Americans do. Haven't felt such euphoria since Tingle's Rosy Rupeeland. Hopefully people get their Snatchers soon. The soundtrack is amazing.

I didn't know... Thanks!! Does vinyl-digital always distributes ShipToShore releases?

The reason i ordered in the US is because i didn't want to miss out on the pre-order.

BTails

Split looks awesome, I'll probably go with that. Wish they'd reprint Castlevania 1, even though I know it's not the greatest pressing (bad source files), I figure I should complete the set eventually, haha.

rpbtz

Not taking my chances like last time. For Castlevania 2, they confirmed the same day they release all of their main products but then did a surprise release at Midnight the day before.

So I'll be checking the night before for the limited.

Last time they didn't announce the limited version until it went up, though. I don't think anything will go up early for this one.

karma2578

Inside and back art

1BWfsyL.jpg

786RijJ.jpg

Dang. Like CV3 splatter more, but split is more limited. Decisions, decisions.

Splatter colours don't really match the cover art, would be nice otherwise.

And this will most likely be repressed as black and sold on retailers like the previous two Castlevania releases too. If eurofolks want to wait and save on shipping for example and don't care for the limited edition.

akileese

Hero of Time comes out on CD and digital next week. Spotify in two days. What about the iam8bit vinyl you ask!?

The 22-track album is getting released on 27th March, and the good news is that it's up for pre-order now as a download or CD; vinyl pre-orders are open for the iam8bit product which will arrive in the coming months.

I'm not surprised.

Lettuce

Looks like there getting their act together with the Castlevabua releases now, just in time for Super and Symphony of the night

rpbtz

The Watch_Dogs 2 soundtrack has been confirmed for an RSD release (April 22). It will be released by Warp Records.

EDIT: Oh, post #10000 - where do I collect my prize?

Top Bottom