• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb |OT33| LOOK AT THAT CORN!

Status
Not open for further replies.
1455320438792.gif

oti

Banned
Title is indicative of Mario Odyssey winning GOTY.

Good job, DM.

🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏

Teddified

Wall of shame.
Antiwhippy 1,088
Death Metalist 946
BTA 712
oti 601
Wunder 576
OdysseusVA 487
robotrock 429
Blitzrules240 406
Teddified 360
BreezyLimbo 353
daveo42 337
Hasney 325
Salarians 324

Strax

Premium Podcasts:

Danswers - Danny & Dan with a wide array of guests discuss and danswer the listeners' personal questions.
The Powerbombcast - Alex, Jeff, Dan, Giancarlo Varanini and guests discuss the latest happenings in the world of professional wrestling.

LIES

Let's jump start it.

Hey I'm worried that GB East is slipping with how boring Six Crazy Frights is. Why didn't anyone protect Abby from making this series of long videos where nothing happens?

Someone should have protected her, I agree.

The secret is shitposting

It's shitty posting, I agree

Look, there’s a lot to say about daggering.

It's a sexual dance, I agree.

---------

See, I want to talk to everyone, but my body is running at such a high efficiency that I just knock out these replies with fewer posts than everyone else.

Let's jump start it.

Hey I'm worried that GB East is slipping with how boring Six Crazy Frights is. Why didn't anyone protect Abby from making this series of long videos where nothing happens?

Because no one protected Ben from Kingdom Heartache, they gotta take their bumps like everyone else.
But Fright or Shite is great, are you high on drugs???

Mr. F

Banned
Let's jump start it.

Just go with the tried and true method of treating content you find bad/boring as a podcast while you do other stuff. Even at its worst it's a Vinny/Abby shooting the shit vehicle which is great. (Im enjoying it a lot FWIW).

Let's jump start it.

As I said in the previous thread.

I thought episode 2 was much better than the first. Vinny art stories and tons of stuff to look at and riff on.

Just go with the tried and true method of treating content you find bad/boring as a podcast while you do other stuff. Even at its worst it's a Vinny/Abby shooting the shit vehicle which is great. (Im enjoying it a lot FWIW).

Yeah, I'm kind of playing it up here, but I do think there to pull off a 2 man video series you either need the game itself to be compelling or the duo really needs to hit it off. Kingdom Heartache fails at both points, the XCom series does both decently, and Six Crazy Frights is just Vinny and Abby talking and the game contributing almost nothing. Which makes the premise itself kind of void.

I don't really see it. What games cement this year for you? I think there have been a lot of very good games, but pretty much no really transcendent ones that I'm gonna rhapsodize about 2 years from now, so far.

Real late in getting back to this reply but here's what I've loved this year:

-Zelda (one of the best open world experiences I've ever had, period)
-Resident Evil 7 (best one in the series for like a decade)
-Destiny 2 (even with the bad raid)
-Horizon (loved the setting)
-NieR (didn't fall in love with the game, but I recognize how it tells a story through the video game medium like few others have)
-Cuphead (best style of the past decade)
-Uncharted: LL (This game cemented the fact that I think Naughty Dog is the best video game developer)
-PUBG (even if it doesn't get an official release it's likely going to change the landscape of multiplayer gaming for the next several years)
-Sonic Mania (Finally a good sonic game!)
-Mario + Rabbids (hopefully it's a signal for how nintendo will be taking chances with it's core franchises moving forward)
-Hellblade (Really like what it's doing with it's story telling)
-Nioh (Somebody besides From Software gets this type of game right)
-BONUS: The Nintendo Switch was released this year... Probably going to be my favorite Nintendo platform since the N64

I'm still WAY behind on playing games, probably have about a dozen games that came out this year that are still on my wishlist.

AND WE'RE NOT EVEN HALFWAY THROUGH OCTOBER YET! Still got tons of game to go...

So while it might not be "transcendent" I'm just looking for games that are fun to play.

BTA

I don't know how you guys post that much, lol.

The secret is this (and to some extent the rest of GAF) basically being my main social network instead of Twitter, or the FatT Discord as was the case for a little, for the past couple months.

I'm sure it'll pass and I'll be much less active again at some point.

Let's jump start it.

Eh, I've enjoyed both, particularly as I've never really seen this much of either game (though I think I saw that LoF QL?). I do think they should have busted out a guide sooner for PT, though.

I do wonder if all the games they picked are this type? I'm still hoping that Abby actually using Itch means we might get Anatomy...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom