• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel Vs. Capcom: Infinite Characters and Stages Roster Discussion Thread

Capcom

Talbain
Fou Lu
That lady from that one gif that dances and has nice butt
Trish
Vergil
Dante
Phantom(the fire spider from DMC1)
Mercedes
Fire Brand
Jedah
Dreadlock guy with wife arm
Treble

Marvel

Songbirl
Moonstone
Green Goblin
Cyclops
Emma Frost
Magik
Nova
Luke Cage
Iron Fist
Winter Soldier
Black Panther
Old Lace
Loki in Sif's body
Jessica Drew in her old outfit
The Hood
Lockjaw

:p Vanessa P. Shneider from PN.03

TWILT

Banned
Give me my boy Dante please. Vergil would be great too and I wouldn't mind it if Nero got a chance to shine.
Gene would be awesome too. UMvC3's Capcom side was near perfect imo and only really needed a Megaman (and hey, we got X!) and some other stuff.

I'm not sure who I'd want on the Marvel side of things, but I hope Strange and Dorm come back. A Spidey villain like the Green Goblin or Venom would be cool too.

Dinjoralo

Don't have Dead Rising 4 Frank West.

Don't have Dead Rising 4 Frank West.

Also, Gene please. It's about time God Hand got the time of day.

cordy

Banned
Looks like Crystal Hunter:

latest

ZcwKI7n.gif

EohX37G.gif

Can't find any other attack that looks as similar as that.
I wonder what other attacks X is going to get. Man, just imagine if he can get different moves depending on the gems. Who knows. Didn't one of the gems focus on elementals? Given his arsenal the sky's the limit.

PixelatedBookake

The Vision has to be in this. It's honestly a surprise to me that he hasn't been in a MvC previously. With him being a prominent character in the Avengers movies and a recent successful comic run, he's practically a shoe-in.

Azure J

Just going through other's lists and realizing I missed big guys like Frank West, Arthur and Firebrand from UMVC3 along with stuff like Regina from Dino Crisis and Gene from God Hand and I'm like "there's literally no way this roster's going to be big enough for all these dudes."

I wonder what other attacks X is going to get. Man, just imagine if he can get different moves depending on the gems. Who knows. Didn't one of the gems focus on elementals? Given his arsenal the sky's the limit.

The Gems are Power, Space, Mind, Reality, Time, and Soul.

Kevinroc

I just hope we get some Marvel characters who are relevant to the comics right now that may not have a place in the MCU for awhile like Kamala Khan/Ms. Marvel. (I know she showed up in the Avengers Assemble cartoon.)

I'm totally cool with characters like Black Panther, Star-Lord, Ant-Man, Vision, and Scarlet Witch showing up because of the MCU. Even relevant TV/Netflix characters like Quake, Daredevil, Luke Cage, and Jessica Jones.

With Capcom? Just go crazy. Glad we had Mega Man X confirmed with the game's announcement.

PixelatedBookake

I could also see Black Bolt being in this too. Getting people hype for that Inhumans show. We might get some other Inhumans too. Hoping for Karnak and Ms. Marvel.

Who I wanna see:

Marvel:
Howard the Duck
Doop
Gatecrasher w/ attacks that summon the other members of Technet

Capcom:
Gene from God Hand
Mask de Smith from Killer7
Simone from Cannon Spike

Marvel:
-Black Panther
-Green Goblin
-Venom(or any equivalent symbiote)

Capcom:
-Asura( Never played the game but he is super tailored for this)
-Captain Commando
-Jon motherfucking Talbain

X-Men/FF DLC:
-Nightcrawler
-Silver Surfer
-The Maximoff twins

$5 is peanuts for a character. I would pay up to $20 for Gambit.

As somebody that mained Gambit in XvSF, MvC1, and MvC2, and never quite found a good replacement in MvC3 (Taskmaster came the closest, and I doubt he'll be back), I think I would cancel my Netflix and pay a monthtly subscription fee to use Gambit in MvC:I if I had to. I've had dreams about playing as Gambit in a new MvC game since before MvC3 was even announced. It's real bad.

FinKL

What if each gem gives him different move sets !
EDIT I didn't read that second sentence lol, anyway, love that we FINALLY get X. Is Zero a lock too since Sigma is heavily in the running?
I definitely see some old timers from MvC2 and 3 coming back too.

TreIII

Like I said in the other thread, I'm actually hoping his Armor may change depending on his Gem selection.

Imagine if you could go between the likes of the X2, X3, Gaea, Falcon, Shadow and Blade Armors, depending on which Gem. Oh, and of course, the Ultimate Armor could be reserved for a level three super, which consists of non stop Nova Strike spam~!

Kouichi

My number one pick for a new Ace Attorney character would be Franziska Von Karma. I know she's been in the back of Capcom's head since Tatsunoko, and now's the time for some whip shenanigans.

Like could you imagine her in the story mode trying to collect all the infinity stones to become the most unstoppable prosecutor. She could sort of be one of the villains, it would be fucking fantastic.

Which would be the best veteran to come back from Marvel vs. Capcom 2:

Sonson
Ruby Heart
Amingo

I'd go with Ruby Heart, considering she was the main Capcom character in MVC2 (Cable was the main Marvel character).

Hell, if they bring her back as DLC, bring in Cable as well. Nostalgia overload.

Zebei

Intel you have so many threads for constant talks lol.

But hey they are top quality at least

Give me Phoenix Wright, Joe, and Some X men/spidey characters please and thank you

batfax

Is there any obvious reason to have the Mega Man X city mashed up with Asgard besides that it ended up looking cool? Kind of wondering what other kinds of stages to expect.

D1AMONDDOGS

Neo Member
I figure the main Avengers are all in, but I'm mostly hoping for Spider-Man & Thor to have Miles Morales & Jane Foster model/voice swaps for DLC.

That would be amazing.

I don't see any reason he can't. I'd want him in to see how they translate his zoning game to mahvel's hyper-fast combo's.
There are many more popular street fighter characters. Why go for "bottom of the barrel" FANG when you can add Gief or Chun-Li or Sagat or Cammy.

His gameplay is based around zoning and frametraps. I just think it's much more convenient for the development team to go with a character that has a moveset that can apply to the Mahvel style of gameplay. FANG would have to be changed CONSIDERABLY to make him work without him being cheap or useless.

EDIT: I mean don't get me wrong, I'd love to eat my words and actually have him show up in the base game but I just think it's incredibly unlikely.

dankir

List time!

Marvel
1) Iron Man
2) Captain Marvel
3) Captain America
4) Thor
5) Hulk or World War Hulk with weapons like in Thor Ragnarok
6) Black Panther
7) Black Widow
8) Hawkeye
9) Spiderman
10) Ant Man
11) Dr Strange
12) Ultron
13) Loki
14) Groot and Rocket Racoon like Ferrah/Torr from MK:X
15) Iron Fist
16) Daredevil
17) Luke Cage
18) Vulture
19) Winter Soldier
20) Electra
21) Vision
22) Iron Monger
23) Red Skull
24) Agent Coulson
25) Jessica Jones

Capcom
1) Mega Man X
2) Ryu
3) Morrigan
4) DR 4 Frank West
5) Viewtiful Joe
6) Asura
7) Strider
8) Chun Li
9) Akuma
10) Zero
11) Sigma/Ultron hybrid
12) Chris
13) Wesker
14) Dante
15) Spencer
16) Vergil
17) Monster Hunter character
18) Necalli
19) Apollo Justice
20) Tron Bonne
21) Haggar
22) Zack & Wiki
23) PT-90X or whatever from Lost Planet
24) Nemesis
25) Amaterasu

cordy

Banned
What if each gem gives him different move sets !
EDIT I didn't read that second sentence lol, anyway, love that we FINALLY get X. Is Zero a lock too since Sigma is heavily in the running?
I definitely see some old timers from MvC2 and 3 coming back too.

Someone on Shoryuken said in the stage pic they could see the Sigma Virus over the statues but I'm not positive about that. I do think that the boss will be Sigma Ultron though, makes the most sense. Give us a base Sigma as playable and we're good.
Like I said in the other thread, I'm actually hoping his Armor may change depending on his Gem selection.

Imagine if you could go between the likes of the X2, X3, Gaea, Falcon, Shadow and Blade Armors, depending on which Gem. Oh, and of course, the Ultimate Armor could be reserved for a level three super, which consists of non stop Nova Strike spam~!

They need to go all out with X.

Also with his armor stuff that limits Arthur's chances a bit but hey I'm personally ok with it. I'll play X more than I ever played Arthur.

This guy here is my new favorite poster. Right here.

Bring back Gambit dammit.

I'd use the "There are dozens of us!" gif, and while it technically still applies, Gambit has been top 3 if not #1 in pretty much every MvC poll ever, so there's money to be made.

Then again, he's been the most demanded character in the X-Men movies since they were a thing and look where that's gotten us.

kewlmyc

The lack of Date Masamune from Sengoku Basara in this thread is saddening:

rZFu19Q.jpg

Put ya goddamn guns on!

I feel that he deserves a slot considering how many of the Sengoku Basara games there were in the last two gens. Its a good money make for Capcom Japan and we got two of the games released here in the west as well as the anime series (like 3 seasons and a movie worth). He's a bastardization of a real Japanese lord who they have fighting like Wolverine with 3 swords in each hand. Add lighting attacks plus an over the top personality and you have a good addition to the Mahvel franchise.

Also his horse is a motorcycle.

pXXEHSN.jpg

TreIII

I thought they didn't want to have a hunter represented as a fighter but were ok with monsters.

Yeah, the basic story goes that they didn't want a "default" hunter. That said, since Ryuto/Lute from MonHun Stories now exists, therein lies the perfect out for them to use a default persona. And that's if they still don't want to just throw in a Rathalos and call it a day.

Either way, considering MH is going to get a large-sized push in the form of a Hollywood production (yay...), the inevitable start of the 5th gen of games and being more relevant in the West now, the team would be fools to not take up the opportunity for free advertising. Especially since MonHun is pretty full of shameless crossover collabs, as it is!

Is there any obvious reason to have the Mega Man X city mashed up with Asgard besides that it ended up looking cool? Kind of wondering what other kinds of stages to expect.

Short answer is that "Earth-30847" (the Marvel Earth these games take place in), have almost always had moments when the various Marvel and Capcom settings have merged and intersected, giving each sides' heroes and villains reasons to seek common goals. MvC3's episode was apparently caused because Dr. Doom and Wesker decided to go after Galactus' powers for the lolz, among other things.

This would be the first time that the series had actually had full scale merging of various areas, I'd think.

FinKL

Someone on Shoryuken said in the stage pic they could see the Sigma Virus over the statues but I'm not positive about that. I do think that the boss will be Sigma Ultron though, makes the most sense. Give us a base Sigma as playable and we're good.

They need to go all out with X.

Also with his armor stuff that limits Arthur's chances a bit but hey I'm personally ok with it. I'll play X more than I ever played Arthur.

Nice, I don't understand the fan love for Sigma, but whatever floats other people's boat. This coming out on PC and hopefully not locked to Win10 store opens up A LOT of possibilities for people.

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
no - but i did hear initial character count is low 30's. if i had to guess, season pass would be 6-10 characters split across marvel & capcom. really hoping cyclops makes his long overdue return.

Cross-Post from other thread, how confident are you with the information and how likely it would happens? I admits that I actually pegged that we would get about 32-34 characters, just like MVC3, but I was hoping that they would push the roster number harder due the fact they recycled most of the animations.

Dinjoralo

There are many more popular street fighter characters. Why go for "bottom of the barrel" FANG when you can add Gief or Chun-Li or Sagat or Cammy.

His gameplay is based around zoning and frametraps. I just think it's much more convenient for the development team to go with a character that has a moveset that can apply to the Mahvel style of gameplay. FANG would have to be changed CONSIDERABLY to make him work without him being cheap or useless.

EDIT: I mean don't get me wrong, I'd love to eat my words and actually have him show up in the base game but I just think it's incredibly unlikely.

Well, I'd be surprised if they didn't have someone representing SFV. The candidates for that are FANG, Laura, Rashid, Necalli, and maybe zombie Nash. Out of those... Yeah, I'd guess they'd pick Rashid considering he was the big hero of SFV's story mode. Though I'd be happier with FANG, and not happy with Necalli.

Top Bottom