• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox Error 0x87e107f9 - Some of us can't launch digital games.

ViciousDS

Banned
yes, little bro has no problem

for me every game despite it being my home console says sign in on the profile that bought the game

I always get a ton of random "do you own this" or "you need to be online" on all sorts of apps. I currently am watchung Netflix because I couldn't open YouTube

ironcreed

Banned
I am currently playing Sniper Elite 4 with no problem, but bought AC: Syndicate today because it was on sale and it just gives me this error.

Justinh

Dammit! I wanted to play Rare Replay but I kept getting the "The person who bought this needs to sign in."

I am signed in you fuck! I was just trying to report a problem via the insider thingy, glad I got bored waiting for it to show up so I could see it wasn't just me.

I guess I could go get the disc and put it in, because I have a physical copy too, but I bought it again when it went on sale digitally so I could be lazy and not have to do this. This seems to happen more and more often nowadays, usually when a big update drops.

Had that issue earlier when I tried to play Metal Slug. Not sure why a game on your HDD would give you that error unless it was secretly checking with the servers.

ironcreed

Banned
Somebody on Reddit just came out of chat and confirmed that they are working on an outage and it should be fixed within an hour.

mKHYmVc.jpg

So we all play the waiting game, I guess.

RiccochetJ

Gold Member
Yea, I'm getting it too. I thought initially it was an EA Access problem, but Live has been acting wonky for me since I got home from work.

And people want an alldigital future when shit like this happens. I can understand if the games I were playing were online games and servers had a problem But getting this error from single player digital games is not a good thing. What happens if I decide to go offline, would the games not play?

Gwyn

And people want an alldigital future when shit like this happens. I can understand if the games I were playing were online games and servers had a problem But getting this error from single player digital games is not a good thing. What happens if I decide to go offline, would the games not play?

yea because if you can't play your digital games for 2-5 hours out of 365 days then digital sucks

ironcreed

Banned

People have went offline and are still getting the error. Which is an absolute joke.

Rocketz

Hmmm guess I'm lucky. I just launched For Honor and everything was fine.

Guess I'll play Overwatch tomorrow and wait till it's better for everyone.

ironcreed

Banned
yea because if you can't play your digital games for 2-5 hours out of 365 days then digital sucks

I am definitely still for all digital, but not these always online measures that keep games from even working offline when problems like this arise.

Gwyn

I don't know if you are aware but some of us have kids and our time is precious so take your high horse attitude and f-off somewhere.

Please tell me you are joking.

chill out

I am definitely still for all digital, but not these always online measures that keep games from even working offline when problems like this arise.

i agree i never said it's ok i quoted someone claiming that digital sucks cause of 2 hours downtime which imo is not the end of the world

chill out

Don't tell me to chill out. If I pay my money for a game that isn't a f2p, a mmo or online only, I shouldn't be getting errors like that.

i agree i never said it's ok i quoted someone claiming that digital sucks cause of 2 hours downtime which imo is not the end of the world

How about if those two hours are the only two hours they have out of the week to play because you know, they could be busy with life and such.

Same issue. Annoying to say the least. I don't have much time to game with a full time job, toddler, four hour commute.

Finally have a clear evening and can't access the games I've paid for.

That being said I'll wait it out. But not going to pretend it doesn't suck on the night of a big release that I happened to purchase digitally.

Dsyndrome

Can't launch/update digital games, can't add Games With Gold. Keeping me honest and studying for finals, I guess.

Justinh

Ugh...

It's alternating between telling me to sign in (I have) to telling me I need to be online (I am).

I bet my error is different because I gameshare with my dad (he hardly even ever plays his Xbox. Maybe this was a mistake...).

So steam is free and I can always play my games but I pay 60 bucks for this thing and every couple weeks shit goes down.

I can't even launch plex. I can't buy the RE deal on live. I'm literally trying to give them money and can't.

I'm being pretty bitter but this downtime when I really don't get a lot of time to play games anymore is annoying as shit

TURBO1112

So steam is free and I can always play my games but I pay 60 bucks for this thing and every couple weeks shit goes down.

I can't even launch plex. I can't buy the RE deal on live. I'm literally trying to give them money and can't.

I'm being pretty bitter but this downtime when I really don't get a lot of time to play games anymore is annoying as shit

This sucks. BUt every couple weeks? I havent had any issues in a long time.

This sucks. BUt every couple weeks? I havent had any issues in a long time.

To their credit it's been way better this calendar year. I could swear I would have issues at least once a month previously.

Its usually never this bad too. Usually I can at least use apps. It's literally useless right now though.

mboojigga

You can put your phone number in to be notified by call or text so you know it has been resolved at the link in the original post

Top Bottom