• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gran Turismo Sport demo coming Oct. 9

All parts of demo will be closed after 12th or we can still use offline parts (like Scapes Mode) after that? I don't think I can download it before that day! lol

Wow 43GB! Do we have a size for the full game yet?
43GB is so big for a demo! Maybe that's the full game, only with limits for demo.

GHG

Gold Member
I thought progress carried over to the full game?

So it could be the full game that converts after you buy it, like many other "demos" on the PSN store these days.

mrklaw

MrArseFace
Yeah watching it and it was nice of the streamer to highlight the options for a bit. Apparently Pro users can choose between 2 modes; one that prioritizes performance and the other quality.

Hmm. How bad is performance in 'quality' mode. Seems like a difficult choice. I hope quality is still mostly solid 60 in gameplay, or the IQ compromises in performance mode aren’t too bad.

DF, hope you’re downloading the demo..

So it could be the full game that converts after you buy it, like many other "demos" on the PSN store these days.

Your credits, mileage, a cars and photos all carry over. But only up to a limit for the first three. I believe your ceiling for credits in the demo will be 1m.

l2ounD

That looks like it'd be uncomfortable to be in but man thats a cool view.

B0NFxhO.png

bombshell

Some progress carries over like up to 1 million credits and some of the garage cars + liveries, so yeah it's definitely possible that it's the same base client as the full game, but it's not confirmed. Those can also be based on the full game reading the beta save games.

c0de

Considering the content of the game, it may very well be the full game.

mrklaw

MrArseFace
Did someone say you can do stuff in the demo? Because I just started it and it seems to be just cycling around a few scapes - stills and animated versions (Nissan GTR in the forest made my pros fans ramp up). But I can’t use any of the menus to see anything else, or even open settings to see if I’m in performance or quality mode?

BeeDog

Did someone say you can do stuff in the demo? Because I just started it and it seems to be just cycling around a few scapes - stills and animated versions (Nissan GTR in the forest made my pros fans ramp up). But I can’t use any of the menus to see anything else, or even open settings to see if I’m in performance or quality mode?

Pressing X on the menu button doesn't seem to do anything, but you can get into the settings by pressing the Options menu on the controller.

mrklaw

MrArseFace
Pressing X on the menu button doesn't seem to do anything, but you can get into the settings by pressing the Options menu on the controller.

Thanks, it just started some replays too

The night replay (Tokyo?) has some pretty jarring lighting changes. Looks like a 'LOD' switch but for lighting, like the cars stop being lit by others or the environment at a certain distance, which is very visible in on the long straights

I can’t seem to select quality or performance in settings. There isn’t an option under display settings, only one for 2k output which is greyed out because I’m on a 4K TV.

c0de

2FA still broken for me, so had to do it via console and could "experience" the new store interface for the console...
Either way, should be ready in an hour, looking forward to see improvements over the beta.

Watching some streams and one replay is like 30fps with some stuttering, while another stream is almost locked 60fps. PS4 and PRO versions perhaps?

Watching some streams and one replay is like 30fps with some stuttering, while another stream is almost locked 60fps. PS4 and PRO versions perhaps?

PS4 Pro allows games to be streamed at 1080p 60fps if the game itself has 60fps feature. PS4 does 720p 60fps stream as well, you need to select the option. Perhaps the streamer didn't select the option.

bombshell

Got a receipt for demo and it says full game.

Could that be why it's 43GB? Maybe when you purchase it the full game unlocks.

That's what the receipt always says.

Like this recent receipt that I received.

STAR WARS™ Battlefront™ II Multiplayer Beta (Full Game)

Stutter might happen, replays were not locked when DF tested the beta.

This is a much newer build, so that analysis is meaningless now.

FDC1

I got a Toyota '86 GR.B Rally Car for my first car. I suppose it's random?

How long to wait before it starts to show replays?

Edit: replay finally startted

Business

So this thing will be up 4 days only and I’m unable to do anything because the server is undergoing maintenance?

blastprocessor

The Amiga Brotherhood
Scapes just looks amazing can't wait to play with it. Lighting is just incredible with HDR. Honestly this game just looks near photo realistic at points in the replays. Minimal aliasing on Pro. Music is just lovely. Replays are 30fps. Can't seem to change the mode on Pro seems to be favoring image quality.

Awesome! Looks great! Why did they skip the weekend for the demo.. wtf sony

ZpVcmA7.gif

One bad dent
iuBEgpS.gif
Great gifs! I hadn't even noticed the damage in that second gif, but watching the original video again you can hear the impact just before that. The damage looks pretty good.

I suspect the reason the GTS demo starts Monday is because the Battlefront 2 Beta is running this weekend (and finishes Monday).

I got a Toyota '86 GR.B Rally Car for my first car.
I got a Honda NSX GR.B Rally Car.
I got a Mitsubishi Lancer Evo GR.B Rally Car, so I guess your first car in the demo will be a random GR.B Rally Car.

Upinsmoke

No wonder it took so long to make. The attention to detail is unparalleled. Just sat here watching the showcase on the demo. It's phenomenal

bud

am i seeing 30fps replays because i selected quality rather than performance? the cockpit camera seems to be running in 60fps at least.

on a pro, watching it in 1080p.

it looks absolutely beautiful and the jump over the beta is pretty significant. it does stutter ever so slightly (during some of the moving scape footage), though, and there are a few graphics glitches here and there. nothing major, but i do hope they patch that out.

why can't it be monday already.

also, the soundtrack is ace yet again.

bud

Sunset Nurburgring looks incredible.

https://i.imgur.com/Wmy9i7Z.gif[img]

[img]https://i.imgur.com/wFu9C4o.gif[img][/QUOTE]

that looks ridiculous.

i'm still hoping they enable dynamic time changes on one or a few of the less demanding tracks some day.

let me dream.

cooldawn

I didn't get in to the BETA and I promised myself I wouldn't download the demo because I want to be wowed when it's here for real but...

Sunset Nurburgring looks incredible.

Wmy9i7Z.gif

wFu9C4o.gif
...I want to pull the trigger.

My god that's insane.

Why no dynamics Kaz, why!?

*cry's*

Top Bottom