• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Sega 3DS titles confirmed: Sonic Generations, Shinobi

In the next issue of Nintendo Power. Found via a Twitter search, no details yet (I'm not linking to the forum in question, as I have a feeling they might be posting scans shortly).

hIQd1.jpg

(Well, the cover doesn't say that Shinobi is for 3DS, but it's a fairly safe assumption considering the resume leak.)

Rich!

Like I said in the other thread...my god. Remove the references to current consoles, and that magazine could have come straight out of 1997.

Obviously Sonic wouldnt have been on a Nintendo console back then, but the double whammy of Classic Sonic and OoT is nostalgia to the EXTREEEME.

edit - lmfao. GAME BOY ADVANCE TOO!

richisawesome said:
Like I said in the other thread...my god. Remove the references to current consoles, and that magazine could have come straight out of 1997.

Obviously Sonic wouldnt have been on a Nintendo console back then, but the double whammy of Classic Sonic and OoT is nostalgia to the EXTREEEME.
Duke Nukem Forever is coming out next month, and EVO will see both Street Fighter and Mortal Kombat tourneys.

Rich!

antonz said:
Who would have thought 20 years ago Sonic would be on the cover of Nintendo Power.

Who would have thought ONE year ago that Classic Sonic would be on the cover of Nintendo Power? Heh.

EmCeeGramr said:
Duke Nukem Forever is coming out next month, and EVO will see both Street Fighter and Mortal Kombat tourneys.

Think of this as another mind-fuck:

Duke Nukem Forever (announced before Ocarina of Time was released) is coming out the same month as the Ocarina of Time remake.

richisawesome said:

then I'll make the same reply: it's obviously a 3D render :p

NewFresh

Generations on 3DS might be interesting. I had no interest in the game prior to this.
As long as Shinobi is not a remake I am in

richisawesome said:
Seriously. I thought I was missing out on the joke when I was looking at it.

Truth101

Banned
Ooo, Mega Man Legends will be in this issue also.

I still don't believe the project hasn't been green-lit, it stinks of a publicity stunt

KevinCow

Banned
Sonic on the cover of Nintendo Power will never stop being weird.

I wonder if the modern Sonic stages will be 2D like Rush, or if they'll stick with the 3D Unleashed/Colors style. I'm hoping for the latter, because, I never really cared for Rush, and also Colors style stages would look amazing in 3D.

Also, I hope Shinobi still has the flowing scarf from the PS2 game, because that would also look cool in 3D.

Dark Schala

Eloquent Princess
What is this Shinobi game? I'm curious.

And like I said in the other thread: This Nintendo Power issue has the capacity to time-travel to the Good Future.

Er, if this is the Good Future.

ferr

richisawesome said:

Srs, I saw the cover and my first thought was that the op grabbed some random magazine cover from the 90s.

MNC

That sonic image is the epitome of epitome.

I freaking LOVE how classic that whole cover looks.

antonz

ShockingAlberto said:
The old-school nature of that cover is clearly intentional and is a cool idea.
Yep it says its cover 2 of 2 as well so the other cover probably has modern sonic and maybe even the modern cover look.

Rich!

Afrocentric-Asian said:
I like how much of the cover Classic Sonic takes up in comparison to Modern Sonic.

There's two covers available. One is classic sonic, the other is modern sonic - this one is the former.

RedSwirl

Honestly, I'm probably going to buy Generations (if I buy it) on Xbox. Playing Sonic on Nintendo still feels wrong, and the 360 feels the most similar to a Sega console.

Gospel

Parmesan et Romano
Hope Shinobi is more in line with the PS2 Shinobi and not a sidescroller.

This reminds me of that time that one dev team was going to make a new Jet Grind Radio for the Wii. I was happy but a little sour at the thought of an outside team handling a series really precious to me and a lot of other people.

RedSwirl said:
Honestly, I'm probably going to buy Generations (if I buy it) on Xbox. Playing Sonic on Nintendo still feels wrong, and the 360 feels the most similar to a Sega console.

the irony here. not criticizing you, just find it ironic :lol

Serenade said:

This reminds me of that time that one dev team was going to make a new Jet Grind Radio for the Wii. I was happy but a little sour at the thought of an outside team handling a series really precious to me and a lot of other people.
It was Headstrong. They also made House of the Dead Overkill.

Serenade said:

That was by Headstrong, the HOD: Overkill and Battalion Wars folks.

Edit: Curses! XD

I'm loving the retro style of that cover.

Here's hoping there's some good information about MML3 (don't be canceled, please) and Generations 3DS in this issue.

Instro

Speaking of Nintendo Power, I never got the May issue damnit. I wanted to read the 999 piece in there. I wonder if its just late.

Cow Mengde said:
Who made Sonic 4 and who made Colors?

There's were the "luck" part comes into action, they made Rush, so the have the capacity to make a good game.

Cow Mengde said:
I was actually asking because I wasn't sure who made which game. Too many Sonic games coming out left and right.

oh...yeah, they all by Dimps.All DS titles and Sonic 4.

Relaxed Muscle said:
There's were the "luck" part comes into action, they made Rush, so the have the capacity to make a good game.

I was actually asking because I wasn't sure who made which game. Too many Sonic games coming out left and right.

I know the Wii version of Colors is well loved, but what about the DS version? I didn't hear any hype for that game. Kinda feel off the radar really.

Top Bottom