• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona 4: Arena |OT| Midnight's Just Around The Corner

jello44

Chie is the worst waifu
So does anybody know how well this game's netcode works?

She's just so adorable and so damn tough. I think that the VA for both versions really nailed it as well. I made an image for the MSPaint thread that summed up one of my favorite moments in the game, and of course, it involved Chie:

kkjz9.jpg

Why does that remind me of dolan comics?

Also, yeah, she's really adorable.

Elizabeth is a wildcard holder, yes. It's not really important to the main plot or anything, but it does get brought up in sidestories.

She's more than just a wildcard holder though. Her and her sister have the fucking compendium out and can use any Persona they want, and her sister can even just float in mid-air.

R

Retro_

Unconfirmed Member
Best OT in a while for a fighting game. Love how you explain the systems and have that ABCD button combination does what picture. Nice.

Those are from Kurushii's guide on MM

which they seem to have straight up ripped from his guide without permission

and he's apparently not too happy about that

Too much copypasta in the OP and too many large images. Should have just linked to that stuff if you were just gonna repost their content like that. Bad look

Rather keep it simple so it's easier to find online IDs.

Kard8p3

So..I've never played a persona game(I know, I know, shame on me..I will eventually) but I do like a good fighting game(even if I suck..) should I pick this up anyway?

Edgeward

Those are from Kurushi's guide on MM

Too much copypasta in the OP and too many large images. Should have just linked to that stuff if you were just gonna repost their content like that.

Rather keep it simple so it's easier to find online IDs

Ruh-oh

LProtag

In all seriousness, I'm a huge scrub. Really hope I can make a breakthrough with this game and level up. I'd be happy to play anyone, even if you're handing my ass to me all day long.

jello44

Chie is the worst waifu
Nothing wrong with it but this topic is bordering on chie worship, don't see the other characters get on that level

That's because they all fail in comparison.

I tried to get a hold of one of those WWE sticks that were on sale, but they ran out of stock before I could, would have bought some parts for it, since they are easily replaceable; but I don't play fighters all that much and can't justify paying a high price for one. So, I'll stick with my 20 dollar fight pad and just hope for the best.

Thumbs and fingers, yo.

cj_iwakura

Those are from Kurushi's guide on MM

Too much copypasta in the OP and too many large images. Should have just linked to that stuff if you were just gonna repost their content like that. Bad look

Rather keep it simple so it's easier to find online IDs.

We're already resolved that, and all the character info are snippets from linked-to topics. I have not played the game, so I shared relevant information from the best resource on the web, with all credit to them.

This gets Shadow palettes, but BB didn't get Shadow palettes? What kind of bull . . .

Anyway, I'll be down for getting my butt kicked on PSN

Yuripaw

Banned
Nothing wrong with it but this topic is bordering on chie worship, don't see the other characters get on that level

Lol, and what's wrong with that? I like all the characters of Persona 4, but there was something special about Chie. I think she's the most relateable for the kind of guys that play Persona 4.

Any videos of secret boss Elizabeth out? It'd be great if her Boss version has special powers like all such characters in Arc games. Have her being a combination of many different personas would be sick.

Kind of ironic that she seems to be the weakest of the cast in this game.

Not really, only when it comes to HP from what I've seen. Still, that's because she's obviously just messing around, when she's not you get boss Elizabeth and she looks horrifying...

Sophia

Any videos of secret boss Elizabeth out? It'd be great if her Boss version has special powers like all such characters in Arc games. Have her being a combination of many different personas would be sick.

There are tons of videos of Boss-Mode Elizabeth on Mayonaka Midnight and YouTube, just search around.

SUPARSTARX

SUPARSTARX on both PS3 and XBL.

East coast / NYC

My XBL list may or may not be full, but you can definitely add me on PS3.

She's the same but stronger like most Arc bosses. Diarama gives back FULL health and Hamaon and Mudoon are more like Naoto's but without needing the counter. That's just from the top of my head.

Not really, only when it comes to HP from what I've seen. Still, that's because she's obviously just messing around, when she's not you get boss Elizabeth and she looks horrifying...

Yeah, she's definitely a glass cannon. She has very high damaging combos and a command grab that inflicts status ailments, ugh, fighting against a high level Lizzie is going to be a salt mine.

5veFV.jpg

This is probably an accurate portrayal of how I'll look fighting cj's Elizabeth.

Sophia

She's the same but stronger like most Arc bosses. Diarama gives back FULL health and Hamaon and Mudoon are more like Naoto's but without needing the counter. That's just from the top of my head.

She's basically like her secret-boss version in Persona 3. Diarama heals her to full at 50% once and all.

Yuripaw

Banned
I don't remember where, but I thought I had read somewhere that the story mode for this game was gonna be like 20 hours? Any truth to that? Are they maybe just considering if you play through it with every character?

Busaiku

I don't remember where, but I thought I had read somewhere that the story mode for this game was gonna be like 20 hours? Any truth to that? Are they maybe just considering if you play through it with every character?

Yeah, with all the characters, that's what we're assuming, given BlazBlue.

Early claims were around 30-40 hours and that is most definitely including playthroughs with every character.

Sophia

It's pretty long. The original claim was 30-40 hours by the staff, but I wouldn't say it's that long. Still, reading over an individual story took me roughly an hour to an hour and a half, and I'm an extremely fast reader. Like "Finish a 1000 page novel in a day" fast. :p

(Yes, I've spoiled the entire plot for myself. It's actually made the anticipation even greater. ><)

Naite

Getting the PS3 version and maining Akihiko. I find it awesome that he has a palette of both my Blazblue and Guilty Gear mains.
vfrkh.png

I'm probably gonna end up subbing half the cast as I like playing with multiple characters.

Top Bottom