• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xenoblade Chronicles X |OT2| Welcome to New L+A a.k.a. Read the Frakkin' Manual!

Nightbird

Wow OT2 already, and the title is hilarious too :D

But I dropped the game. I can't point out exactly what causes it, but I am too frustrated to continue with it

Oberon

Banned
Yessss, got my skell.
After only 39 hours of gameplay. I am just afraid that I'll overuse it now.
Question to the people who have had the skell for a while now, did it change the way you played the game?

Golnei

Yessss, got my skell.
Question to the people who have had the skell for a while now, did it change the way you played the game?

Not as much as flying. The Skell's vehicle mode does change the way you perceive the scale of the space - especially in Sylvalum - but the flight module makes the world seem so small. It's not a bad thing, necessarily - flying over entire continents is a great feeling - but I do think it was the right decision to only introduce the mechanic at the tail end of the main story.

Auto_aim1

MeisaMcCaffrey
Yessss, got my skell.
The game is designed with Skells in mind. I feel naked without it.

Seriously, not really. After a certain point in the game, there's absolutely no reason not to use a Skell unless you can't enter a small cave or something.

And here I am just finishing up.

Total playtime: 178 hours and 24 minutes.

Does anything special happen at 100% survey rate, or am I done outside of killing some of the hard to find Tyrants?

XBMhavy.jpg

Well done.

I don't think I'll be able to do this though :(

TheMoon

So sorry, read the OP after posting the reply and realising I was dumb.

No worries, just do the old CTRL+F or whatever the equivalent is on your machine of choice and type in things. No need to read the whole thing (even though it's very easy to browse now^^)

Damn, we made it to OT2!

Unfortunately, I'm in Jamaica with family, so I won't be back exploring in Mira until next week. I'm really behind.

thematic

a bit question about leveling up
I'm in chapter 5 story quest, most "normal" enemy level at 20-24. and I'm at 18. any fast leveling up tips? or any "recommended level" for each chapter? is level 18 enough for chapter 5 or next bosses?

And here I am just finishing up.

Total playtime: 178 hours and 24 minutes.

Does anything special happen at 100% survey rate, or am I done outside of killing some of the hard to find Tyrants?

XBMhavy.jpg
I know that you should
go to the blade barracks to see a special message

I'm in chapter 5 story quest, most "normal" enemy level at 20-24. and I'm at 18. any fast leveling up tips? or any "recommended level" for each chapter? is level 18 enough for chapter 5 or next bosses?
The Zigs you actually have to kill are fairly low level and you should be able to take out single level 20 enemies too.

Renewed

All I could say is explore/do quests and look for things near/above your level (still within purple colour range) and about your size. Avoid fighting too many things at once obviously.

When I played, I naturally explored the world, picked up quests and completed them and fought an enemy or two to see what they could do. That kept me within the level requirements and so I wasn't getting too devastated.

I was around level 20 for that chapter. Chapter 6 = Level 24 or so. Chapter 7 = Level 28 or so. Chapter 8 = Level 31. Basically I kept going up 3 or 4 levels until I ended the story at level 45. Don't take this as the key example as I had ideas to what I was doing and knew what to expect.

Something to keep in mind would be exploiting your enemy's weakness. For humanoids, they're typically weak to beam weapons. For theroids (beasts), they're weak to fire (but I don't think you'll have thermal weapons in abundance) and ether. Piscinoids (things like flying fish) are weak to electricity. Some enemies are exceptions so it doesn't hurt to read the enemy index if you have the info. If not, the usual framework for weaknesses applies to the category of enemy for most cases.

Chaos17

You can kill enemies of 4-5 levels above you in this game as long as you're decently geared and they're not big/tall type (otherwie prepare yourself, fight can be tough).

thematic

I know that you should
go to the blade barracks to see a special message

The Zigs you actually have to kill are fairly low level and you should be able to take out single level 20 enemies too.

yeah, I killed one earlier and quite easy. now I'm going to 2nd and 3rd one and there's a bunch of level 21-24 enemies in narrow path (with Eye and Lighting icon)

All I could say is explore/do quests and look for things near/above your level (still within purple colour range) and about your size. Avoid fighting too many things at once obviously.

When I played, I naturally explored the world, picked up quests and completed them and fought an enemy or two to see what they could do. That kept me within the level requirements and so I wasn't getting too devastated.

I was around level 20 for that chapter. Chapter 6 = Level 24 or so. Chapter 7 = Level 28 or so. Chapter 8 = Level 31. Basically I kept going up 3 or 4 levels until I ended the story at level 45. Don't take this as the key example as I had ideas to what I was doing and knew what to expect.

Something to keep in mind would be exploiting your enemy's weakness. For humanoids, they're typically weak to beam weapons. For theroids (beasts), they're weak to fire (but I don't think you'll have thermal weapons in abundance) and ether. Piscinoids (things like flying fish) are weak to electricity. Some enemies are exceptions so it doesn't hurt to read the enemy index if you have the info. If not, the usual framework for weaknesses applies to the category of enemy for most cases.

thanks for the pointer
I actually trying to rush chapter 5th and 6th to acquire the skell/license :)

You can kill enemies of 4-5 levels above you in this game as long as you're decently geared and they're not big/tall type (otherwie prepare yourself, fight can be tough).

ah, I actually haven't customize my gear. just equip monster-dropped-one, whichever has the highest stats
I also brought an underleveled character @15 :(

Renewed

I have everything I need to make a Cherudim themed Skell. Hell, screw that I want a reason to slap a Barrage Cloak on.

Oregano

Doing the BFFs quest and it's made me explore a lot more of Noctilum and Oblivia. What's most apparent now about the environmental design is just how dense it is. Areas have several layers and every path is sprawling.

The continents probably aren't that big if we're talking 2D size.

bomblord1

Banned
Does anyone else keep seeing the exact same miiverse messages pop up on their screen?

(ex press L+ A, I Just killed a Tyrant Turkey whose up for dinner?)

HawthorneKitty

Sgt. 2nd Class in the Creep Battalion, Waifu Wars
Y'all really need to chill about that damn title lol.
Only if 90% of your posts here aren't about complaining of people not reading op :p

Does anyone else keep seeing the exact same miiverse messages pop up on their screen?

(ex press L+ A, I Just killed a Tyrant Turkey whose up for dinner?)
L + A is a trick to get people to favorite your blade reports on Miiverse

rhandino

Banned
New OT? Slay a bit Xenoblade X!

hNk0Jsi.gif

Also, how is that some of you have 100% already!? Im like 90 hours and still havent even put a foot on Sylvalum and Cauldros D=

Renewed

Well boo on me for wanting it to be functional and look cool. If only White Reaper didn't have the same head as Mastema 50. I'll make due.

~10 hours a day = within 2-3 weeks done :p

I'm still sitting at 80% because I decided to farm Global Nemesis for parts. Enough's enough, I'm gonna go insane.

BY2K

Membero Americo
What is the deal with those sand worms!? I'm 4 levels above it and it's kicking my ass. I NEED THAT WRECKAGE LEAVE ME ALONE.

Seik

Banned
OK.

Spent the last two days with my family and my girlfriend.

Now I'm home, a friend's coming and I hereby declare that this is the OFFICIAL XENOBLADE DAY!

Holy shit I'm in need, and I only have four license missions left to have my skell! :D

Trying to do Celeste Three mission.

*enter the cave*

“Die! Briggs!”

*defeat Briggs, the other two show up with their skells*

“Fuck!”

*load save, leave the mission behind*

I will complete it once I reach higher level.

Zalman

I finished the story today. Love almost everything about this game. I hope people who are on the fence give it a shot.

zroid

Banned
I ran out of things to do so I decided to start chapter 7. I'm level 40. I'm of the opinion this game is best enjoyed slowly and so what if I'm over leveled for story missions. I have affinity to grind dammit.

Yeah, the way I see it is because I'm not just straight-up grinding for levels like I do in some RPGs, but just killing enemies while exploring / doing missions, and sometimes killing challenging tyrants, the easy story missions are just a reward. Fast Travel to the navigation marker and mop up, lol.

That face when you're trying to target a single enemy and your teammates use the giant laser beam art followed immediately by the spinning bullet shower...

zroid

Banned
Trying to do Celeste Three mission.

*enter the cave*

“Die! Briggs!”

*defeat Briggs, the other two show up with their skells*

“Fuck!”

*load save, leave the mission behind*

I will complete it once I reach higher level.

LOL. That mission was great. Got more fucked up by the indigens in the cave itself though. Bless Shadowrunner.

there had better be some payoff for the 4th key

I'm correct in believing this game has no autosave feature, right?

I was on the Blade kiosk updating my avatar as a scout when I lost connection. It dropped me directly to the main menu without giving me the option to save or anything. It just froze for a moment, said connection lost, and the crashed to main menu.

I lost three hours of progress.

Fuck whoever programmed it to do that. Fuck whoever decided against autosave, and fuck everyone else who went along with it.

If there is a secret menu to enable autsave, please let me know. I had purchased and upgraded all new gear and had finished quite a few quests when this happened...

Top Bottom