• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Zelda: Twilight Princess Collector's Edition Guide

fernoca

Hey!
Well, ..did a search and didn't found anything posted, so here it goes..

Just a reminder, regarding that the Collector's Edition Guide (from Prima) is already available at stores..hardbound cover....gold foiled cover and pages-border...a cloth map..and 432 pages. ($29.99)

Here are some quick pics I took...

Guide with the map

Gold around the borders

Size comparison (vs. Nintendo's Official Guide)

Vard

I was thinking about picking this up. Why does it have 4 times as many pages as the official guide?

maynerd

Banned
fernoca said:
Hey!
Well, ..did a search and didn't found anything posted, so here it goes..

Just a reminder, regarding that the Collector's Edition Guide (from Prima) is already available at stores..hardbound cover....gold foiled cover and pages-border...a cloth map..and 432 pages. ($29.99)

Here are some quick pics I took...

Guide with the map

Gold around the borders

Size comparison (vs. Nintendo's Official Guide)

Where can I get this?

I have the non-Hardcover edition of the Prima Twilight Princess guide and it's horrible. It's basically an illustrated walkthrough with no separate sections for item collections, side quests, heart containers, or Poes. There's even a part or two where they mention that they accidentally skipped talking to a character or getting a treasure so you might want to be careful when you're in those areas. It didn't occur to them to go back and check for the sake of their guide? Jeeze...

The Nintendo guide may not be hardcover, but at least it's well organized and helpful with Poe and Heart Container sections. The Prima guide has spoilers for the end boss written on like every other page. -_-;

fernoca

I forgot to mention, hehe..that I don't use the guides I buy (except for Mortal Kombat)
(For Zelda)I bought the Nintendo one, because the cover was in foil and it had a poster..and this one because it was harbound and had a cloth map.. :lol

colinp

Banned
Nice, thanks for posting the pics. I've been eager to see what the map looks like- looks comprehensive! I'm a sucker for cloth maps (even paper ones- the Morrowind one was SO F'ING COOL!), so I ordered it from Amazon, and presumably it will be shipping today and arrive by Thursday.

I plan on having Zelda finished by the time the thing arrives.

usea

BorkBork said:
How's the actual content inside?
El Pescado said:
I have the non-Hardcover edition of the Prima Twilight Princess guide and it's horrible. It's basically an illustrated walkthrough with no separate sections for item collections, side quests, heart containers, or Poes. There's even a part or two where they mention that they accidentally skipped talking to a character or getting a treasure so you might want to be careful when you're in those areas. It didn't occur to them to go back and check for the sake of their guide? Jeeze...

[...]The Prima guide has spoilers for the end boss written on like every other page. -_-;

Also, I guess there are no GCN-version-specific guides out? All the maps and stuff would be wrong. They should have released a transparency map so that it's reversable. Hold it up to the light or something... Okay whatever, I tried.

AniHawk

usea said:
Also, I guess there are no GCN-version-specific guides out? All the maps and stuff would be wrong. They should have released a transparency map so that it's reversable. Hold it up to the light or something... Okay whatever, I tried.

Heh, actually Prima's releasing a GC edition of their guide.

Saoh

this is based on the Wii version, right? :O

i might get it, but amazon says they'll ship after the 25th. dunno why.. is it in stores already?

AniHawk

Saoh said:
this is based on the Wii version, right? :O

i might get it, but amazon says they'll ship after the 25th. dunno why.. is it in stores already?
Should arrive today or tomorrow.

fernoca

hirokazu said:
wow!

so what's in it that makes it so much thicker than the regular guide?

I thought that at first..
But, it turned out that the map..folded, inside the guide..barely add anything to the rest...

As you can see on pic #3, the guide is closed, with the map folded and inside (before the first page)..all that are the 432 pages of the guide per se.

Firestorm

Tell me without spoilers what the hell that guide has that makes it 4x larger o.o;
I want it even though I won't use it until I'm done.

fernoca

Firestorm said:
Tell me without spoilers what the hell that guide has that makes it 4x larger o.o;
I want it even though I won't use it until I'm done.

Hehehe..
I think is that, more than a guide..is more of an actual walkthrough....of the game...since mostly every aspect of the game per se is described..shown...explained..and with recommendations (and even annecdotes) from the players/writers (2)...

Be warned, that there are spoilers right from page 1 (well, page 2 actually, page one is the credits and info of the writers....)...oh, and for some weird reason, there's no index...or at least I haven't found it...

NotWii

Banned
That cloth map looks ugly, looks like someone poured coffee all over it.
It needs to be EXACTLY like the map in
Telma's Bar

Yes the cover is beautiful, but I have looking all over the internet the past week for pictures of the INSIDE of the guide without any luck... I would like to see the layout of the pages and any artwork inside... So can someone please take a few pics of the first few pages or any standout pages from the guide (preferably with large sized artwork) and post them? Maybe post them as links with spoilers warnings.

Pretty please :)

Naked Snake said:
Yes the cover is beautiful, but I have looking all over the internet the past week for pictures of the INSIDE of the guide without any luck... I would like to see the layout of the pages and any artwork inside... So can someone please take a few pics of the first few pages or any standout pages from the guide (preferably with large sized artwork) and post them? Maybe post them as links with spoilers warnings.

Pretty please :)

I think you can find some pictures here:
http://flickr.com/photos/71978478@N00/sets/72157594417625568/

Link

The Autumn Wind
Well, mine arrived today and honestly, I'm somewhat disappointed with the map. It's a blurry mess. I don't know how the rest of the guide holds up, since I won't be looking through it til I'm done with the game, but yeah.

EDIT - Also, according to the back page, only the Wii version is covered? What the hell is taking up so many pages if that's the case?

im gonna buy one even though I never really needed a guide for the game, but I want that map and and with the hardcover it looks so awsome.

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
ant1532 said:
you are ****ing awesome.

how long though? Not a one day thing is it?

Uhm, not long since I'm sure people are gonna buy this asap. It's sold out online but it's $10 in the store.

This would cost me about $35 shipped (international) from Amazon.com, I'm finding it hard to justify that price... When did Amazon jack up their international shipping prices on books? The cheapest option used to be 8 bucks before, now it's 15! I don't know if this only applies to the middle east, but it sure made ordering books from Amazon much more expensive for me :(

Top Bottom