• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PES 2018 - Pro Evolution Soccer |OT| Man Blue vs Man Red for the KONAMI Cup

Lashley

Why does he wear the mask!?
pro-evolustion-soccer-2018-download-torrent-pc.jpg

Release date: 12th September (US), 14th September (WW)
Platforms: PlayStation 4, Xbox One, PlayStation 3, Xbox 360, Steam

Demo available on xbox live, PSN and Steam

Gameplay Enhancements:

• Gameplay Masterclass – Strategic Dribbling, Real Touch+ and new set pieces take the unrivalled gameplay to the next level
• Presentation Overhaul – New menus and real player images
• PES League Integration – Compete with PES League in new modes including myClub
• Online Co-op -A mode dedicated to co-op play is newly added
• Random Selection Match – Fan favourite returns with new presentation and features
• Master League Upgrade – New pre-season tournaments, improved transfer system, presentations and functionality
• Enhanced Visual Reality – New lighting, reworked player models and animations covering everything from facial expressions to body movement to bring the game to life

HZKwfLz.png

giphy.gif

PC VERSION IS FINALLY SUPERIOR THAN CONSOLES~~!!!!!

294px-PCMR.png

Dj5SmDt.jpg

*Sorry if the OT is terrible, we couldn't afford the proper OT licenses this year. Please download an option file (Not you xbox one users, sorry...)

OPTION FILES ARE SUPER EASY TO INSTALL, HERE IS A GUIDE:

http://www.gamesradar.com/pes-2018-ps4-xbox-one-option-file/

Will do a proper PS4 OF tutorial when I'm home tonight but off the top of my head here are the basics (could change):

What you need
A USB stick with at least 2GB space
An option file (e.g. PESUniverse, PESWorld, WEHK)
The day one Live Update

PS4
1. Download your option file of choice and unzip it.
2. On your USB stick create a folder called WEPES. Inside that folder copy all folders unzipped from the option file
4. Plug the USB into your PS4 and start PES
5. From the main menu go to Extras > Live Data Update and install the day one update (this is important, otherwise transfers won't be current).
5. Go to Edit mode > Data Management > Import teams
6. Select all teams that appear, leave all options as default and press Import. Go and make a cuppa and wait for about 10 minutes until the automatic import is done.
7. Now choose Data Management > Import Competitions. As with teams, select all competitions and Import.

Once those have imported, that should be it. Save your edit data and play a match to check everything looks right.

PC
You have two options, a PS4 option file, or (when they're out) a PC patch.

Using an OF
1. Follow the steps above but instead of copying your WEPES folder (with the OF files inside) to a USB stick, put the folder in your Documents > Konami > Pro Evolution Soccer 2018 folder
2. Once this is done start PES and follow the instructions above from step 5 onwards

Using a patch
1. Download and unzip your patch of choice, it will be an .exe file
2. Run the .exe, point it at your PES install location (probably C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Pro Evolution Soccer 2018)
3. Let it install, start the game and that's it.

Xbox One
Unfortunately there are no complete option files for Xbox One, nor will there be. Blame Microsoft. Their policies disallow the import of data which the game requires to be able to load user-created option files.

Tizoc

Gonna test out the PC ver. once it downloads, so interested to see how mt GTX 970M handles it.

Shari

6700k/1080 here and its running mostly 144fps but its stuttering as shit and I'm running a gsync monitor.

I can't seem to find the option to disable (if there's any) v-sync but I dont event think its related to that.

Also PC servers are not live, can't get latest rosters or play online.

Ive not had that, only weird replays
I think it was the anti aliasing, turned everything up full and changed the AA and it seemed smoother. Turned motion blur off too which is godly.

There's a setting in the settings thing when starting the game to put replays at 60fps. Make sure you have that checked. Default is 30.

Played on the highest difficulty and man this game is great, and the games are tight as fuck. Much more controlled and less end to end. But if you can manage a quick interception (which is much rarer now) then you can cause havok.

I've a lot to learn this year.

Hasney

I think it was the anti aliasing, turned everything up full and changed the AA and it seemed smoother. Turned motion blur off too which is godly.

There's a setting in the settings thing when starting the game to put replays at 60fps. Make sure you have that checked. Default is 30.

Yeah, it's at 60. It's just some up close ones that look like they're running through mud and ny G-Sync frame counter goes nutso.

Yeah, it's at 60. It's just some up close ones that look like they're running through mud and ny G-Sync frame counter goes nutso.
Right I'll keep an eye out for that only got 1 and a half games in this evening. Will have to pour over the port tomorrow after work.

Not played a modern footie game in a long time, I can't shoot on target at all. I'm going to blame Rashford on that, though.
Make sure you're aiming, left for left side, up for top half of the goal etc.

Jimrpg

Got it. Can't play for a couple of days though. Nice OT Lashley.

Graphics especially lighting and animation look a significant step up from 2017 on the PS4.

baberunisei

Was waiting for the OT, thanks!

Only played one exhibition match till now, still don't have an opinion about if it's an improvement over 2017 or not.

Is there any good option file already?

wow, just playued teh demo on PC and I am in LOVe. I will buy this right away

ps: FUCK , cdkeys website is on maintenance just now. FUCK

snakeybro2389

Neo Member
It runs really well on my 1060 6gb fx 8350 combo and on my 960m laptop too at 1080p med-high settings. This is my first PES on PC, usually how long does the roster community patch take to upload?

unrealist

Is the game worth it if I solely play Master League? Any nice touches or improvements to it? Been just playing ML since PSP days..

ty_hot

Waiting till it reaches 30-25 price point to get it on PS4. Last year I got it on launch day and dont regret it, but I cant buy it every year full price when I know it always get cheap quickly.

baberunisei

Is the game worth it if I solely play Master League? Any nice touches or improvements to it? Been just playing ML since PSP days..

Same here, so I'd love to know as well. But I'm afraid they left us behind long ago.

I only play ML as well and PES 17 last year was more than worth it, best soccer game I ever played. I jus Thor 18 so can't say anything about ML on it, but I trusted it and bought it.

dsk1210

Lt and up on the dpad not working for anyone else? And where is the initial settings menu with resolution and such?

There should be a setting.exe in the installation folder and also change the render settings in game to maximum.

I haven't played it yet as I am working, but that is what I have been reading.

There should be a setting.exe in the installation folder and also change the render settings in game to maximum.

I haven't played it yet as I am working, but that is what I have been reading.
Thanks!
How are people's replay performance? Mid 40s for replays at 4K with a 980ti and i53570k

I just downloaded the game off steam. I have a gtx1080, ryzen 5 1600 overclockled. gsync monitor, 165hz.

I put everything high , I am getting max FPS in game (165fps), but it seems that I get some slow downs when the screen is too crowded, even though I am still getting 165FPS. What the hell is going on?

I did not have any problems like that playing the demo.

how come I perceive frame rate drops when the FPS is maxed out and I have gsync monitor? tried with motion blur on and off, no difference.

Jimrpg

I just downloaded the game off steam. I have a gtx1080, ryzen 5 1600 overclockled. gsync monitor, 165hz.

I put everything high , I am getting max FPS in game (165fps), but it seems that I get some slow downs when the screen is too crowded, even though I am still getting 165FPS. What the hell is going on?

I did not have any problems like that playing the demo.

how come I perceive frame rate drops when the FPS is maxed out and I have gsync monitor? tried with motion blur on and off, no difference.

I remember thinking the same thing with PES 2016 when I got it at launch.

Maybe they'll fix it with a patch.

Have you turned V-Sync off? If you have G-Sync you don't need V-Sync.

Ostinatto

Officially allowed by FIFA since 2016 and used by every team since then.

Only in Europe you mean?

edit: wow almost everyone is doing it here in south america too, i guess im always drinking my beer when that happens i guess, it's weird I haven't noticed it before .

dsk1210

Officially allowed by FIFA since 2016 and used by every team since then.

I remember the first time I saw this in real life, I was bemused, shouting "how's that allowed" until a fellow fan sitting next to me told me about the change. I felt a bit daft.

Top Bottom